Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Story Packs


Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
08.07.2013 , 01:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Roennest View Post
I agree! We where promised an story MMO, and that was delivered, at first. The game is turning from the principle that sold it. Bring it back, I pay every month hoping too see it in the next expansion..
Well the point is that class stories - all the voicing and putting it together is quite expensive and your $10 a month doesn't really cut it. Imo they could be sold like DLC, similar to Makeb or Mass Effect / Dragon Age DLC. I think that pricing similar to Makeb would be appropriate if they would provide extra 10 hours of new adventures with two classes per pack. This time would obviously include going back and forth old places and fighting trash and it's similar to how long Makeb took as well.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
08.10.2013 , 11:44 AM | #12
Not a bad idea. I wouldn't buy it, but I support those who do want it. I hate when people complain about something that other people like and it gets taken away.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Yasac's Avatar


Yasac
08.17.2013 , 09:07 AM | #13
Agree completely. Class missions are the core of this game and what makes it stand out from every other mmo out there.
Once you start down the WoW path forever will it dominate your destiny!

evilonemark's Avatar


evilonemark
08.17.2013 , 01:54 PM | #14
Great idea! I would like to see some multiple companion use class story content as well! I would pay for that yesterday!!!

Ovanmaru's Avatar


Ovanmaru
08.17.2013 , 11:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_moonshadow View Post
hey, just because i don't support every player suggestion i see doesn't mean i don't know quality posts. I call it as i see it.
  • it's the same damn top as the jedi character at the starter window.
  • ships are cooler than condos.
  • treek sucks.
  • we need more story content.
moar!

LadyNightArrow's Avatar


LadyNightArrow
08.19.2013 , 03:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Well the point is that class stories - all the voicing and putting it together is quite expensive and your $10 a month doesn't really cut it. Imo they could be sold like DLC, similar to Makeb or Mass Effect / Dragon Age DLC. I think that pricing similar to Makeb would be appropriate if they would provide extra 10 hours of new adventures with two classes per pack. This time would obviously include going back and forth old places and fighting trash and it's similar to how long Makeb took as well.
Throwing in my support for a class story pack.

I would actually suggest one class per pack, this way players who prefer to play one class over another won't have to deal with getting content for a class they don't particularly care for. Also add in a couple of companions complete with a story line of their own for the player to complete. (An option to change factions by following a story line would be nice as well as the ability to influence companions to either the Light Side or Dark Side.)

joshohelp's Avatar


joshohelp
08.19.2013 , 03:22 PM | #17
While this is cool it's just not possible.

Remember that this is all fully voiced. Bioware have said that it takes a considerable amount of time to make 8 individual class stories. Also the voice actors and such may be working on other projects as well.

I was beat to it. hah
The Skyblaster Legacy

From a certain point of view, everyone has good in them

Mubrak's Avatar


Mubrak
08.19.2013 , 03:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by joshohelp View Post
Remember that this is all fully voiced. Bioware have said that it takes a considerable amount of time to make 8 individual class stories. Also the voice actors and such may be working on other projects as well.
Well, they could hire the voice actors for the Bounty Hunter event, so why shouldn't they be able to do so for stuff we would actually pay for?

DarkDisturbed's Avatar


DarkDisturbed
08.19.2013 , 03:31 PM | #19
It's been confirmed several times that they're coming back by people who enjoy playing in the game files, plus companion VO actors have confirmed they have recorded lines. No need to split them up and sell them in piecemeal for triple the price, thanks.

joshohelp's Avatar


joshohelp
08.19.2013 , 03:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
It's been confirmed several times that they're coming back by people who enjoy playing in the game files, plus companion VO actors have confirmed they have recorded lines. No need to split them up and sell them in piecemeal for triple the price, thanks.
In all honesty adding to the class stories should be free and remain free. That's one of the huge draws of the game leading your individual saga. It would just be a continuation of the story maybe adding an entire chapter 4 to the class stories perhaps which would add another 6+ hours of class quests and companion stories etc.
The Skyblaster Legacy

From a certain point of view, everyone has good in them