Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Devrius's Avatar


Devrius
08.07.2013 , 08:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cripplers View Post
6 camps. 3 fauns. 18 attempts.

Phase change.
18 more
Phase change
18 more....
If you're sitting at the same camp waiting you're doing it wrong and should not be complaining it takes to long. We had had as many as 5 instances of Hoth yesterday on Pot5 and that was early in prime time. Even during the day we had at least 3. Was able to farm both Tauntauns in a few hours.
That's odd I tried changing instance, the fawns didn't reset.

KrullT's Avatar


KrullT
08.07.2013 , 08:24 AM | #22
Stop the damn complain, you can get the tauntaun mount the easy way(2 mil creds) or the heavy way. If you pick the heavy way you will spend at max 60-50k creds it you are unlucky. What is wrong with you people, you want a cool thing (cool things should be expensive) and expect that bw give that thing to you free and not doing nothing.

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.07.2013 , 08:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayhl View Post
This reflects my feelings as well!!! I hope this is a wonderful start to more animal mounts, there is collection of feline and reptilian animals across the SWTOR universe in game already that would be awesome mounts.
There is some info about the Varactyl being the next mount from datamined info
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.07.2013 , 08:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Fergz View Post
I'm happy that taun tauns are available but they way they did this sucks horribly. 20 pieces of fruit no drops and too much pvp

Booooo Hiss Bioware
Can never have too much pvp.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.07.2013 , 08:35 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by OSCCheese View Post
Awesome can't wait!!!! is this gonna be a event thing? or is it gonna be up forever? that would be awesome if it was
This is there forever its not an event
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.07.2013 , 08:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
I agree, there are so few nests that they are camped by both factions and since the reset for the fawns is so long you'll run into an enemy faction group that will kill you if you wait.

So you have 2 choices, stay and hope no other faction group kills you while you wait for the re-spawn or travel to another nest hoping that it's not camped by enemies.

It wouldn't be so bad if the success on luring was more along the lines of 50% and not 10%...
Actually according to dulfy its around 20% which is no different from REing things in the game. And I have had good success. I got 5 in 30 minutes. If you switch between instances you can get the tauntuan in 2-3 hours max
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Devrius's Avatar


Devrius
08.07.2013 , 08:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Actually according to dulfy its around 20% which is no different from REing things in the game. And I have had good success. I got 5 in 30 minutes. If you switch between instances you can get the tauntuan in 2-3 hours max
Cool, I guess the fact I switched instances and it didn't reset was a bug or something, I'll do just that thanks.

TheSeventhJedi's Avatar


TheSeventhJedi
08.07.2013 , 08:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Hitsugaya View Post
you can dream but they will gripe eery chance they get. I swear bioware has some of the worst fans I am still not over how people acted to the Mass Effect 3 ending and then still wanted a whole new game even after the extended cut.
Oh come on, don't defend that ending. Worst. Ending. Ever. Biggest copout. Hudson said the ending wouldn't be A, B, or C, and it was literally A, B, or C. It made zero sense. Just listing the plotholes and contradictions takes ten minutes. Then they "fixed" it, and it was still pretty horrible. The first 90% of that game was hands down the best game I've ever played. The ending is so bad that I haven't been able to stomach playing it again since that first time. I have vowed never again to preorder another BioWare title because of that game (and, to a lesser extent, DA2,) or touch another game with Casey Hudson's name on it. Compared to that ending, SWTOR has never done anything even remotely wrong. Any time something happens here that I disagree with, I keep playing because I think to myself, "Hey, at least it isn't as bad as Mass Effect's ending."
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB


(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.07.2013 , 09:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
Oh come on, don't defend that ending. Worst. Ending. Ever. Biggest copout. Hudson said the ending wouldn't be A, B, or C, and it was literally A, B, or C. It made zero sense. Just listing the plotholes and contradictions takes ten minutes. Then they "fixed" it, and it was still pretty horrible. The first 90% of that game was hands down the best game I've ever played. The ending is so bad that I haven't been able to stomach playing it again since that first time. I have vowed never again to preorder another BioWare title because of that game (and, to a lesser extent, DA2,) or touch another game with Casey Hudson's name on it. Compared to that ending, SWTOR has never done anything even remotely wrong. Any time something happens here that I disagree with, I keep playing because I think to myself, "Hey, at least it isn't as bad as Mass Effect's ending."
I'm sorry I have to disagree with you. I don't love the endings, but I understand what they were going for and I like they had the brass cohonas to go there. The ending (especially the EC) is nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be and it does make sense when you put it together with the whole trilogy.

But this isn't a Mass Effect discussion thread. This is a SWTOR discussion. So I will leave it there
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Cripplers's Avatar


Cripplers
08.07.2013 , 09:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Devrius View Post
That's odd I tried changing instance, the fawns didn't reset.
Either it was a bug for you or a bug for the rest of us I'm betting on a bug for you. Since you can do WBs and Seeker droid in different phases because its all separate timers for that world
Pewpew