Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0+ Nightmare Raid Parse rank sheet

Carlenux
08.14.2013 , 12:09 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
In the process of updating the 8-man sheet and... the amount of Gunslingers/Snipers topping the charts of boss fights with a lot of adds (i'm looking at you Writhing Horror and Titan-6) due to LOLbital Strike and Flyby is getting out of hand >_<;

I'm thinking of just putting the top 5 of that class for these bosses so that we can see what other classes arae doing.

Anyone think this is a good idea? So probably...

Writhing Horror / Titan-6
1 Slinger/Sniper
2 Slinger/Sniper
3 Slinger/Sniper
4 Slinger/Sniper
5 Slinger/Sniper
6 other classes Commando
7 other classes Scoundrel
8 other classes Scoundrel
9 other classes Sorc
10 other classes Juggernaut
etc etc

INSTEAD OF
Writhing Horror / Titan-6
1 Slinger/Sniper
2 Slinger/Sniper
3 Slinger/Sniper
4 Slinger/Sniper
5 Slinger/Sniper
6 Slinger/Sniper
7 Slinger/Sniper
8 Scoundrel
9 Slinger/Sniper
10 Marauder
i think majority of groups just let the snipers do the aoe job, with orbital and AoE + pop CDs to buff dmg and maybe some use Engineering, to buff those useless numbers so they look "impressive"... so i agree if u want to limit to 5 per class since its pointless... in agents case for example, snipers either fast orbital MM or eng. has an obvious advantage for it, so i would say 5 per class 3 max per AC? (3 snipers / 2 ops for example).. since we wont be going thru each parse looking which numbers are buffed or not that would make it fair...

for example my last parse post WH: 20% on adds = 0 dmg from orbital, around 170k AoE... titan: 22% adds = around 160-170k AoE dmg..... comparing to random agent parses in torparse, not from leaderboard... WH: 240k + AoE... Titan: 3600k + AoE... cant compare... one parses has over 38%+ Add dmg done come on lol 420k+ dmg done from AoE... i see more problems with WH than titan, titan seem fine, 1-2 are fine i guess... same with dash, if 1 - 2 person is awesome with engineering, like the guy on kephess... then he deserve his parse thats impressive use of a spec... now if everyone will just buff 40-50% of dmg done in AoE doing 150-300k more than other parses just to get on leaderboard, meh, lame...

TL : DR as long as its a parse like lets say Top non aoe class parse 2100 vs 2200-2500 AoE is fine, if you start getting that top 10 for those fights are all just stupid AoE doing 800-1000k more dps than AVG. limit it to 3-5 of those rankings only... buffing numbers with "more" aoe dmg than intended in a multi add fight, is not "impressive" its just "AoE" lol
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

paowee
08.14.2013 , 12:39 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
i think majority of groups just let the snipers do the aoe job, with orbital and AoE + pop CDs to buff dmg and maybe some use Engineering, to buff those useless numbers so they look "impressive"... so i agree if u want to limit to 5 per class since its pointless... in agents case for example, snipers either fast orbital MM or eng. has an obvious advantage for it, so i would say 5 per class 3 max per AC? (3 snipers / 2 ops for example).. since we wont be going thru each parse looking which numbers are buffed or not that would make it fair...

for example my last parse post WH: 20% on adds = 0 dmg from orbital, around 170k AoE... titan: 22% adds = around 160-170k AoE dmg..... comparing to random agent parses in torparse, not from leaderboard... WH: 240k + AoE... Titan: 3600k + AoE... cant compare... one parses has over 38%+ Add dmg done come on lol 420k+ dmg done from AoE... i see more problems with WH than titan, titan seem fine, 1-2 are fine i guess... same with dash, if 1 - 2 person is awesome with engineering, like the guy on kephess... then he deserve his parse thats impressive use of a spec... now if everyone will just buff 40-50% of dmg done in AoE doing 150-300k more than other parses just to get on leaderboard, meh, lame...

TL : DR as long as its a parse like lets say Top non aoe class parse 2100 vs 2200-2500 AoE is fine, if you start getting that top 10 for those fights are all just stupid AoE doing 800-1000k more dps than AVG. limit it to 3-5 of those rankings only... buffing numbers with "more" aoe dmg than intended in a multi add fight, is not "impressive" its just "AoE" lol
edit:

AoE DPS is important. Don't dismiss it so easily. 8-man WH adds though.. die so fast they're mostly considered fluff these days.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Carlenux
08.14.2013 , 12:49 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
AoE DPS is important. Don't dismiss it so easily. WH is an easy first boss so i made this post about limiting Orbital/Flyby classes. 16-m Op9 in NiM for example, if you don't have a ton of AoE to DPS down the adds fast.. you'll have a hard time going through that fight. Unlike 16-m NiM Op9, the adds in other bosses (especially in 8-man) just don't pose much of a threat and that's why they're considered fluff. In 8-man, WH and T6 have adds that you could categorize as "LOL;" on a fight like 16-m NiM OP9 though they're far from it.
yeah but as far as your ranking as 8 man, i dont consider any fight "AoE important"... dash aoe is important during transition, not really to buff dmg, flying adds almost never make it to the other shield and small cats have 8k hp so, its important but, can be fluff as well

Shadow-Nite
08.14.2013 , 01:47 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
yeah but as far as your ranking as 8 man, i dont consider any fight "AoE important"... dash aoe is important during transition, not really to buff dmg, flying adds almost never make it to the other shield and small cats have 8k hp so, its important but, can be fluff as well
I dont know much bout all this crap that you are talking bout but even 8 NiM on WH i solo the adds on my sniper so AOE is somewhat important to some fights otherwise it would take too long to kill certain adds
The Harbinger
W.T.F -Jerruch-55 Sniper
The Last Centurions- Dakrin -55 Scoundrel

Ganar
08.14.2013 , 02:20 PM | #185
8 Man Terror From Beyond

2563 DPS - Yanar - YES - Marauder - Carnage- 5/36/5
log: http://www.torparse.com/a/384079/1/0/Overview

Gap is where i died.
I can post a raid members parse who didn't die for verification if needed.

Carlenux
08.14.2013 , 03:00 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadow-Nite View Post
I dont know much bout all this crap that you are talking bout but even 8 NiM on WH i solo the adds on my sniper so AOE is somewhat important to some fights otherwise it would take too long to kill certain adds
yeah the point is, that majority of snipers will try getting their moment of glory in fights where its heavy AoE, thats why he is asking if he should limit by classes or not... AoE is part of the fight, doing decent amount of AoE to it is part of the mechanic... doing 40% of your dmg based on AoE is just trash numbers to make it to a leaderboard...

so like i said, if all the top 10 rankings start being Snipers doing trash numbers (500-600+ Above Marauders or other classes), then he might need to limit it so people can see real numbers from other classes, but at this point it doesn't look like there's any problem with that for now.... i dont really care either way, just giving him my opinion since he asked for everyone opinion.

JDotter
08.14.2013 , 03:13 PM | #187
Man if only lighting storm had 75% of the DMG OS does just imagine.

http://i.imgur.com/hjRY9Q2.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/nxFcZk3.png?1

#balance DONT WORRY THOUGH ALL CLASSES EQUAL

Quote: Originally Posted by WiththeForc View Post
You know it
Carry me tonight plz?

Carlenux
08.14.2013 , 03:36 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
Man if only lighting storm had 75% of the DMG OS does just imagine.

http://i.imgur.com/hjRY9Q2.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/nxFcZk3.png?1

#balance DONT WORRY THOUGH ALL CLASSES EQUAL

Carry me tonight plz?
ikr? lolz

paowee
08.14.2013 , 03:42 PM | #189
updated.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Carlenux
08.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #190
few random mistakes: for WH number 4 should be number 7... on kephess number 6 should be number 3