Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Will we ever be able to send more than 5 companions on missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Will we ever be able to send more than 5 companions on missions?

stuffandthat's Avatar


stuffandthat
08.05.2013 , 05:20 PM | #1
Now that we have 8 companions, why can't we send more than 5 out on missions? There's no point having so many if we can only use a few of them.
It's a trap

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #2
No cause if they did, it can possibly lead to pay to win because treek is accessable via cartel
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Tom_Hulces_Dog's Avatar


Tom_Hulces_Dog
08.05.2013 , 05:38 PM | #3
Five is enough, sheesh. Back in my day we had to run around the Barrens picking flowers ourselves, uphill, both ways. We have it ez-moad now.

stuffandthat's Avatar


stuffandthat
08.05.2013 , 05:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tom_Hulces_Dog View Post
Five is enough, sheesh. Back in my day we had to run around the Barrens picking flowers ourselves, uphill, both ways. We have it ez-moad now.
I disagree. I think they need to add more companion missions and raise the cap. I would love to have all my slaves out crafting or gathering. It would make them more useful and would even promote more crafting.
It's a trap

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
08.05.2013 , 06:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffandthat View Post
I disagree. I think they need to add more companion missions and raise the cap. I would love to have all my slaves out crafting or gathering. It would make them more useful and would even promote more crafting.
Again the problem raising the cap is that doing so could push turn the crafting into pay to win. because treek is purchasable via cartel. You potentially forcing people to buy optional companions in order to compete with crafting.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

astrobearx's Avatar


astrobearx
08.05.2013 , 06:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Again the problem raising the cap is that doing so could push turn the crafting into pay to win. because treek is purchasable via cartel. You potentially forcing people to buy optional companions in order to compete with crafting.
what? treek is available in game via legacy or the cartel market version on the gtn. lol p2w

i swear the term pay to win is changed often on these forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

Cupelixx's Avatar


Cupelixx
08.05.2013 , 06:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Again the problem raising the cap is that doing so could push turn the crafting into pay to win. because treek is purchasable via cartel. You potentially forcing people to buy optional companions in order to compete with crafting.
Treek is available outside the cash shop as well. That's not "pay to win".
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

Darth_Moonshadow's Avatar


Darth_Moonshadow
08.05.2013 , 06:29 PM | #8
If everyone is out crafting, who's minding the ship?

Exactly.

Unless you want some crazy Jawas going Ferris Bueller's Day Off on your ship, you'll be glad that someone is there.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

LeonBraun's Avatar


LeonBraun
08.05.2013 , 08:30 PM | #9
I only have 6 companions, not 8... I'd like to use one while doing PvE content. Many others have the same situation and thus being able to send out more that 5 creates an unfair advantage to those who don't have the optional companions...

/thread
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

weejohnathon's Avatar


weejohnathon
08.05.2013 , 08:45 PM | #10
Then get HK it isn't hard to get. Can it be a bit tedious? Yes but if you want to be "competitive" it shouldn't be that much of a problem anyway. The vast majority you will find excluding f2p have 7 on at least 1 char.