Game Download So Slow!

Fhazal

it's been 4 days now,i never shutdown my pc,but still i haven't finish download the game.i already sub today,please help fix the download server connection,i do all the troubleshooting all the still the same,i even porforward etc,i try to download other game like wow,just take 1 night to get it finish,but SWTOR it took me almost a week now.please do something,i google this problem,so many people facing the same problem. :(

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/fhazal/downloadslow_zps74404a37.png

its show that 512.00KB/s all the way but it take me 5 days including today.why take so long for only 20% this is something wrong.as i can download the other game faster and i even turn off my firewall.

note : 4 mbps connection (only me using the connection)

Edited by Fhazal

Add: I see you edited your post as I was typing my answer.

It's a big game, well over 20 gigabytes. It all depends on your connection speed. Frankly, advertised is often different than real. Take a look at the download speed. What is it? Just for comparison's sake, mine will max out at 169MB/ps, i.e. 169 mega bytes per second, which is just about maximum for a T-1 speed line, which is 1.544Mb/ps.

Note: MB/ps = mega BYTES per second. Mb/ps = mega BITS per second.

But even though my line's advertised download speed is 1.544 Mb/ps, it rarely gets there. My REAL speed is close to half that and, I have noticed, it will get as low as 30 MB/ps on a long run. Time of day, other stuff online, all that stuff affects download speed.

I have downloaded the game twice now, but started with the three-disc DVD set. It took over two days each time. I can't imagine what downloading the entire game would be like. So tell us more about your connection. What is it? How fast is it? What is your observed speed?

Edit: OK, so it's 512 MB/ps but looks like an install screen. It's not downloading. If installation itself is slow, this points to your CPU. From this screen we cannot see where you are in the download process. It should download at least three separate major packages, each smaller than the previous.

Edited by MSchuyler

i notice the download connection is not stable,its becoming slower and slower per progress,i monitor the other game i download,everythings fine,only SWTOR give me this problem.wow is also big,but its not slow like this.

its downloading but its really slow,i can see at the launcher screen 4094.02mbps and than it change back to 512.00 kbps and the percentage is changing,its not like the launcher is hang or the download is stuck,but its really slow,who wait for a week to play a game..zzzzzz..thanks a lot for your concern.and thanks a lot cos listen to my problem,i hope the staff will do something about this.when the game available to play,i did play and level my character until level 10, but until i finish donwload.i cant do futher mission.when i play the game there is no lag,this is confirm that the download server have problem.it is very very annoying slow.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n566/fhazal/slow3_zps5c572000.png

Edited by Fhazal

I think we should narrow down your connection first. I wouldn't be so quick to blame Bioware's servers for the issue. If that was it, EVERYONE should be having the exact same problem, and that's not the case.

WHERE are you?

What is the ADVERTISED download speed of your connection?

What kind of connection is it?

Are you downloading via a WiFi connection? i.e.; Carrier->router->WiFi->CPU

Give is the basics of your rig. Not everything. Just type of CPU, amount of RAM, GPU type. Just trying to get an idea of how fast it is.

What is the OBSERVED download speed. Be careful here with Bits(b) vs Bytes(B). It's easy to get confused. In your first post you say the speed is 4 mbps. Yes, that's very slow. But in your second post you say it's 4000 some odd bps.

We're obviously online at the same time as you edit your posts, so mine might not make sense after you update yours. But what I am seeing in your screen shots here is INSTALL screens, not DOWNOAD screens.

The game downloads a big packet, then installs it, then downloads another packet, then installs it. This happens AT LEAST three times (if you start with a DVD set). While it is installing it is not downloading, and if it is INSTALLING slowly, this has nothing to do with Bioware servers.

Show us some DOWNLOAD screens.

that is the download screen?? sometimes i can play,sometimes its become updating,i finish donwload the quick play ,this is the final downloading phase.

No. It says right on the screen: "Installing." It is installing the packet you previously downloaded. And it looks like it's almost done.

that is since last night man..70% to 80% take one day?? its downloading and and it updating,when its updating i can't play,but sometimes i can click play.. Edited by Fhazal