Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The great XP nerf

Amera
08.05.2013 , 10:26 AM | #21
Ignoring everything else, being able to buy a double XP booster would be amazing. Alternatively, they could also allow quest rewards to eat up rest XP to make it more useful.

Damask_Rose
08.05.2013 , 11:56 AM | #22
Leveling on a new server is slower, because you don't have your legacy goodies, not because they nerfed the xp gain. If you have a pimped out legacy you get spoiled.

Having a high presence for beefy companions means you can mow through the mobs much faster. You can get HK-51 at lvl 1 if you want to, and even without gear he is a beast (I expect Treek will be the same way) If you mail an alt the cash, you can get a speeder at lvl 10 + rocket boost at lvl 1 so travel times are cut way down. You have all 4 class buffs and heroic moment at lvl 15 for major boss smack down.

DarthMaulUK
08.05.2013 , 02:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I agree.

The last couple times I spun up a new character (post F2P launch)... I found the progression of leveling to be slightly better then at launch (just doing planet quest chains and content, with an occasional heroic). The slightly better boost in xp being that I was using mission reward xp boosts AND better travel mobility with sprint at 1.

Of course a new legacy would not have speeder ability at 10, so that would slow things a bit.. but not that much.

Honestly, I think the OP is just suffering from not having the enthusiasm that drove him to play 5 straight days to get to 50 at launch. This also explains, IMO, why he is bored and dissatisfied with the game in general. Anyone that crush leveled at launch was destined to be a disappointed player.
ANother one who misses the point totally but then again, fanboys always will
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

DarthMaulUK
08.05.2013 , 02:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Leveling on a new server is slower, because you don't have your legacy goodies, not because they nerfed the xp gain. If you have a pimped out legacy you get spoiled.

Having a high presence for beefy companions means you can mow through the mobs much faster. You can get HK-51 at lvl 1 if you want to, and even without gear he is a beast (I expect Treek will be the same way) If you mail an alt the cash, you can get a speeder at lvl 10 + rocket boost at lvl 1 so travel times are cut way down. You have all 4 class buffs and heroic moment at lvl 15 for major boss smack down.
Wrong totally. I am comparing my current leveling experience on my new server with my original day#1 leveling when there was no legacy or perks or anything! . Im all but certain we gained more XP when doing just about anything, despite not having speeders or sprint early on.

Probably most of my XP did come from Warzones because I played them ALOT but it does seem a little low to be given 9500k xp for level 30ish quests.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Andryah
08.05.2013 , 03:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Probably most of my XP did come from Warzones because I played them ALOT but it does seem a little low to be given 9500k xp for level 30ish quests.
Derp. You were told this early in the thread.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
08.05.2013 , 03:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
ANother one who misses the point totally but then again, fanboys always will
Point was not missed.. and as you self-admitted now.. WZ XP at launch was a bread and butter for you and it's been nerfed.

Get over it. Adapt. All other channels of XP are either the same or better (with the mission XP boosts for free).
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

psandak
08.05.2013 , 03:31 PM | #27
I am a full sub with no legacy XP boost perks. I recently leveled a character (Jedi Sage TK spec) from 1-55 in about six weeks.

- That did include one double XP weekend, letting the rested XP build up (which do not stack by the way) and using XP boosts when available.
- I did send her 40k credits to unlock speeder training at level 10, but did not get pilot3 until after I hit 55 (accidentally I might add; clicked train too fast and used up ALL the credits I had).
- With the exception of Tython, and Nar Shaddaa I did not do the planet story quests (mainly because when I hit a given planet I was already in the upper half of the level range).
- never did side quests or heroics
- I did each space combat quest twice (initial access and then the daily)
- I ran SM FPs once each, except for CWG which I ran three times.
- Never even touched WZs.

And got to level 55 before finishing Corellia.

Granted not exactly the same as going to a new server with no legacy at all, but IMO close enough to question the OP's assertions.

Andryah
08.05.2013 , 03:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
but IMO close enough to question the OP's assertions.
Well, he's not presenting his core issue, he is using passive aggression to express his frustrations of one thing as something else.

His core issue: he wants character transfers between EU and NA. And until he gets it... the game suxs and needs to be beaten in public... but I guess it not_suxs enough to prevent quitting apparently.

Savej
08.05.2013 , 05:07 PM | #29
I have noticed no such nerf. It took me 5 weeks playing 5-8 hours/day to hit 50 on my first character. The fact that the OP mentions wzs leads me to believe he's full of it or has amnesia - wzs have pretty much always been the slowest way to level after 20 or so. It took me a little while to figure that out, otherwise I would have leveled faster but no matter what 5 days is bs unless you've got a team setup to powerlevel with (which you can do right now just as easily) or you found a way to abuse space missions. I level faster now than I did then. I have lots of 50+ and a few in the 20s, 30s and 40s. I don't think there's anything wrong with the leveling speed but without help it is not and never has been fast in this game (except during the first couple gree outtings if you had friends).

I knew of a monk on my server in EQ1 that hit max level in less than 5 days (shortly after the game came out). Leveling in EQ1 was incredibly tedious but if you had help and lots of motivation you could do it very fast.

Amaranth
08.05.2013 , 05:22 PM | #30
I have played since launch, and started leveling my latest alt about a month ago. I have not really noticed much of a difference. From my experience, usually when I notice that I'm not leveling as fast as I feel I should be, it's due to a change in behavior (I.e. not doing group quests/FPs, not doing bonuses, actively avoiding as many mobs as possible, doing quests in congested areas that have already been completely cleared, etc.).

But I also never do war zones, so if there is a difference there I would not have noticed it.