Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Let us make the forums more positive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Let us make the forums more positive
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.05.2013 , 01:23 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
He's not complaining or protesting in a childish manner? I see him complaining, I see him protesting, and I see him doing it in a manner that is commonly displayed by children.
He's a child...he's acting like one. That's where it's the parents job to teach him what is right/wrong.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.05.2013 , 01:24 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
What point would that be then?
If you need to ask then I can't help you. I bet you can figure it out eventually.

Quote:
I thought you were arguing against insults.
Yes, I would say it is pretty obvious that is what you would think.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
08.05.2013 , 01:26 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Luckily for me you do not define what I do and do not understand.
I wasn't defining it, I was stating a fact, a fact that you were (and still are) clearly unaware of. No need to thank me, just doing my civic duty.

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.05.2013 , 01:29 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I wasn't defining it, I was stating a fact, a fact that you were (and still are) clearly unaware of. No need to thank me, just doing my civic duty.
You were stating nothing even close to a fact. You can dress it that way, but the contention is silly at best.

Perhaps your not aware of this, but what you shared was your opinion. And obviously not an intuitive one.

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
08.05.2013 , 01:33 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
I have already proved my stance, and won. F2P saved this game from sinking and further. If it wasn't for that garbage model, this game would have failed. Except, it still failed. Over 2+ million players already agree with me. This game has a very bad reputation in the MMOverse.
Dear OP, this is why it's hard to discuss anything with people.

Post like the above, put a halt on any meaningful discussion to be had. He was asked to provide proof.

Yet the proof he offers is entirely personal views and opinion, then he goes on so the cliche "I'm right, you're wrong." rant because he know he lost.

And this is how the bickering back and forth happens, due to trolls like the post above.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.05.2013 , 01:39 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Dear OP, this is why it's hard to discuss anything with people.

Post like the above, put a halt on any meaningful discussion to be had. He was asked to provide proof.

Yet the proof he offers is entirely personal views and opinion, then he goes on so the cliche "I'm right, you're wrong." rant because he know he lost.

And this is how the bickering back and forth happens, due to trolls like the post above.
It could also be argued that those trying to engage in off topic debate are also to blame for the "bickering". If you disagree with him and think he won't prove his point, move on. This forum is filled with opinions.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
08.05.2013 , 01:54 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
I have already proved my stance, and won. F2P saved this game from sinking and further. If it wasn't for that garbage model, this game would have failed. Except, it still failed. Over 2+ million players already agree with me. This game has a very bad reputation in the MMOverse.
All you have proven is what is self-evident even to children.... The F2P model is not failure, it is in fact THE successful business model in MMOs these days. The ONLY exceptions are OLD MMOs with installed bases that they can continue to bleed for subscritpions as they meaner their way to twilight.

You know what failure is for an MMO? When it shutters it's doors and sends the remaining players packing into the sunset. That is failure. Learn to tell the difference.

Now.. if you want to stick to your hyperbolic distortion of the word failure in the context of MMOs... then you are also a failure since you continue to play and subscribe to an alleged failure (your allegation, not mine). What's up with that?
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

TridusSWTOR's Avatar


TridusSWTOR
08.05.2013 , 01:56 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It could also be argued that those trying to engage in off topic debate are also to blame for the "bickering". If you disagree with him and think he won't prove his point, move on. This forum is filled with opinions.
Ah yes, that's the heart of the problem though. It's fine having opinions, I'm all for it.

But to spout them off as "facts", is what is misleading and well to be frank...just simple trolling in it's most basic form.

That is the difference between the two and the person I quoted, well he provided the latter. Now do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Also some off topic debates between maybe 2 or 3 posters might just be to flesh out a point that is within the context of the OP. At a glance, you might not notice it, but then you would have to re-read a lot of older stuff which some posters just don't want to do.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
08.05.2013 , 01:57 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
You were stating nothing even close to a fact. You can dress it that way, but the contention is silly at best.

Perhaps your not aware of this, but what you shared was your opinion. And obviously not an intuitive one.
Oh I see, definitions of words are opinions now. I missed that memo. Thanks for enlightening me. I've learned my 1 thing for today.

MrJurgens's Avatar


MrJurgens
08.05.2013 , 01:58 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
All you have proven is what is self-evident even to children.... The F2P model is not failure, it is in fact THE successful business model in MMOs these days. The ONLY exceptions are OLD MMOs with installed bases that they can continue to bleed for subscritpions as they meaner their way to twilight.

You know what failure is for an MMO? When it shutters it's doors and sends the remaining players packing into the sunset. That is failure. Learn to tell the difference.

Now.. if you want to stick to your hyperbolic distortion of the word failure in the context of MMOs... then you are also a failure since you continue to play and subscribe to an alleged failure (your allegation, not mine). What's up with that?
/Yawn

Same, rehashed argument. I grow tire of your apologist ways, Andryah. But go on, I love how I'm making you cry right now.



The transition into the F2P model just shows how poorly games and their devs are delivering. But please, do keep trying to enlighten me on how you understand the MMO market. You sound very pragmatic right now.



I also recently posted a thread on how badly this game delivered, and that I have unsubbed. My sub on my original account is set to expire this October. No longer am I going to give money to a company that doesn't deserve it if it isn't going to the areas where it should be.