Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 09:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK, I'm going to place Luke Skywalker as #1.
Aww. And I thought, for sure, that Plo Koon would pull it out.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 09:43 AM | #23
I think, instead of using Sidious as a comparison point for Yoda and Windu, I think we should use Dooku.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

TalonVII
08.03.2013 , 09:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think, instead of using Sidious as a comparison point for Yoda and Windu, I think we should use Dooku.
Considering in a lightsaber duel Mace windu smacked Sideous down like a 2 year old[no sideous was not faking that, Windu did indeed beat him], Dooku would onto of fared well against mace. Windu IMO should be second. Not even a contest.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 09:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Considering in a lightsaber duel Mace windu smacked Sideous down like a 2 year old[no sideous was not faking that, Windu did indeed beat him], Dooku would onto of fared well against mace. Windu IMO should be second. Not even a contest.
We all know Mace won that duel. But we seem to be getting stuck on how the two would fair against Prime Sidious. Hence why I pointed to Dooku.

TalonVII
08.03.2013 , 09:52 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
We all know Mace won that duel. But we seem to be getting stuck on how the two would fair against Prime Sidious. Hence why I pointed to Dooku.
We did, Mace won. Put him in ANY era, he'd rise to the top. That's just my two cents on Mace. He was simply that good[and not because it's Samuel L Jackson playing him ]
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Beniboybling
08.03.2013 , 09:57 AM | #27
Smacked down like a two year old? Hardly. The only reason Sidious lost that duel was because he allowed himself to be lured to the edge. If that had not happened, they would have been at an impasse.

And against DE Sidious, who was both more youthful and more powerful? I believe he would have been defeated.

I propose Darth Sidious for #2. Who also schooled Luke Skywalker when he was under the influence of the dark side.

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 09:58 AM | #28
We did, Mace won. Put him in ANY era, he'd rise to the top. That's just my two cents on Mace. He was simply that good[and not because it's Samuel L Jackson playing him ]
We all know that Mace is the #2 material, and I would fully support him as #2. Darth Sidious (Prime) is there too.

TalonVII
08.03.2013 , 10:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Smacked down like a two year old? Hardly. The only reason Sidious lost that duel was because he allowed himself to be lured to the edge. If that had not happened, they would have been at an impasse.

And against DE Sidious, who was both more youthful and more powerful? I believe he would have been defeated.

I propose Darth Sidious for #2. Who also schooled Luke Skywalker when he was under the influence of the dark side.
Naa, even in their primes, I'd put Windu as a better DUELIST than Sideious. Granted Sideous was more powerful in the force and an amazing duelest, he did take down 3 jedi masters in a blink of an eye, but Sideous didn't really throw that fight, had he fought harder, Mace would of just channeled it back at him through Vaapad. Sorry as a duelest, Sideous just does not do better than Mace. Notice how he killed mace, through the force by corrupting ANAKIN, then using force lightning to kill Mace.

Not a lightsaber. I don't think Sideous could win a straight up lightsaber duel against Mace.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DarknessInLight
08.03.2013 , 10:16 AM | #30
Top 5 Lightsaber duelists

1. Darth Sidious
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi(before his exile)
3. Anakin Skywalker(before the fall)
4. Yoda
5. Mace Windu
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu