Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Snipers - Top 3 Questions

 
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterJacer's Avatar


MasterJacer
08.05.2013 , 12:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
10k aimed shot for Marksman with an instant 6k follow-through, roll-banging someone from full hp to zero in two seconds, and the forever-kiting ability of having: a stun, a long range mez, a root, uninterpretable inductions, a knockback that roots, and an 18 meter roll that has an added benefit in every tree. Many classes would trade their "big offensive cooldown" for any one of these abilities.

Sniper needs nothing. If anything, PvP slingers/snipers should admit what makes Sniper TOO strong before talking about buffing what is already widely considered the top dps class in the game.

Is there any room to talk about what makes classes far too strong in this representative format or do we really not want our class nerfed?
10k Ambush and 6k followthrough? Are you kidding me? Ambush may crit for 6.5k, and FT for 4.5k. Still the chances of those both critting are unlikely, and doesn't happen to often. Say, you had the buff and your crit chance was 25%. Thats a theoretical 12.5% chance both those crit, not very likely. And roll-banging from full to 0 HP? In engineering with the scatter bombs even with a wall to roll into, you could only do 10k. That's only with a wall, and hopefully somebody has more than 10k, lol. More than double that. Also, even if Snipers have the best dps, are we just gonna ask questions like "What are you going to nerf?" Lol, that's not productive.
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

paowee's Avatar


paowee
08.05.2013 , 12:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
10k Ambush and 6k followthrough? Are you kidding me? Ambush may crit for 6.5k, and FT for 4.5k. Still the chances of those both critting are unlikely, and doesn't happen to often. Say, you had the buff and your crit chance was 25%. Thats a theoretical 12.5% chance both those crit, not very likely. And roll-banging from full to 0 HP? In engineering with the scatter bombs even with a wall to roll into, you could only do 10k. That's only with a wall, and hopefully somebody has more than 10k, lol. More than double that. Also, even if Snipers have the best dps, are we just gonna ask questions like "What are you going to nerf?" Lol, that's not productive.
He must be slightly undergeared. Or the Sniper who hit him must have had an expertise buff + some other buffs (blood thirst?). I assume he is a clothie as well. I remember hitting a Sage for 10,008 Ambush crit on my Sniper followed by a 3500+ Followthrough when i was guarding Snow in alderaan.

I thought... ok.. that guy needs more expertise...
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

BARSAL's Avatar


BARSAL
08.05.2013 , 02:07 PM | #23
This may not be in the top 3 but I am very much concerned with the usefulness of scatter bombs in pvp (of course without the use of wallbang). In pve on bosses, with their huge hit boxes, there is pretty much no trouble using scatter bombs effectively. However in pvp they hardly seem to hit anyone and seem to get resisted more than any other ability that I've seen. I believe they need a radius increase and in the case that this solution causes them to do more damage than intended Bioware could possibly make it so each scatter bomb can only hit a single target (which is probably easier said than done I understand).
Stew and too many alts Rude Dudes Prophecy of the Five Server

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
08.05.2013 , 04:29 PM | #24
As strange as it may sound, I don't consider Target Acquired an offensive cooldown. It's an anti-defensive cooldown used to counter saber ward and deflection. I would never used TA just for the extra armor penetration, as it would be a big waste. TA is not your regular I need to kill that person ASAP cooldown, it's more of, how do I continue to do my normal rotation damage to that dude over there that poped up his saberward.

Personally I would go further in the direction of anti-defensive-cooldown way of the TA. Remove the armor penetration from it, but push the accuracy even further or make it useble more often.

Laze target needs a rework, it used to guarantee 1,5s ambushes before, now for PvP it offers minor advantage.

Sniper as a whole is your defensive DPS class, our entire set of skills is focused on mowing down anyone who attempts a conventional direct fight with us. Some of posters in this thread feel that Sniper is way too powerful, but in fact they are fighting the class with a wrong mindset, dueling snipers in situations where snipers are by design supposed to be the strongest.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

CJNJ's Avatar


CJNJ
08.05.2013 , 04:39 PM | #25
Okay I'm not going to like, roll can seriously do some damage. Seeing as pvp doesn't need much for sustained damage u prob got EMP up. If u don't have EMP then ya prob getting focused, so wall bang or w/e it's called ain't too high on your agenda.

Wall roll is like a slightly larger smash. You ain't gonna 1 shot, but you will hurt them. 2 rolls and somebody without heals and no defensive up is hurting bad. If you go to a doorstar and just happened to get a couple of people on the door nearby each other. An engi sniper can wipe the floor with that clump. You get a healer LOSing some of your dps, that's perfect pray for the roll. Just like in pve, the roll in certain situations will be lethal AOE pressure
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

MarkXXIV's Avatar


MarkXXIV
08.05.2013 , 04:53 PM | #26
Sniper is too strong. Why do you want us to all play snipers bioware? -___-
I want to be a bounty hunter but sniper is better .
Mains: Hesrafow(smash): 55 Se'ziru: 55(mm/lethal)
^Only Dps worth playing,WTB Op Medic The Bastion
Zrarron 54 Sorcerer(scheduled for deletion)
Yudoda 54 Mercenary(perma shelfed) unsubbed/quitted until a fix

Fluffyburrito's Avatar


Fluffyburrito
08.05.2013 , 04:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
[B Or you are a Sniper but have been on vacation and wasn't able to post during the 1 week since the thread was created (on top of another week where we started discussion way before the reps were chosen)..
Yep.

My first character was a 55 slinger and I've just gotten my 55 sniper up since my friends switched factions. I PvP quite a bit, and before Makeb thought that the class was tougher than people gave it credit for. Now I think it's completely broken.

I can play literally all 3 specs and top dps charts.

Even if you don't want to get the class nerfed by saying it's OP, at least admit we're "ok" in every aspect. There's seriously nothing sniper needs right now to do better at dps than every other class in both PvE and PvP. Simply put, if you're honestly worried about arena as a sniper, you probably aren't that great at 8v8.

MarkXXIV's Avatar


MarkXXIV
08.05.2013 , 04:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
Yep.

My first character was a 55 slinger and I've just gotten my 55 sniper up since my friends switched factions. I PvP quite a bit, and before Makeb thought that the class was tougher than people gave it credit for. Now I think it's completely broken.

I can play literally all 3 specs and top dps charts.

Even if you don't want to get the class nerfed by saying it's OP, at least admit we're "ok" in every aspect. There's seriously nothing sniper needs right now to do better at dps than every other class in both PvE and PvP. Simply put, if you're honestly worried about arena as a sniper, you probably aren't that great at 8v8.
marksman and lethality definitely overpowered. Not so much engineering from my experience playing it. Not sure how this obvious pvp imbalance got past the pts...
Mains: Hesrafow(smash): 55 Se'ziru: 55(mm/lethal)
^Only Dps worth playing,WTB Op Medic The Bastion
Zrarron 54 Sorcerer(scheduled for deletion)
Yudoda 54 Mercenary(perma shelfed) unsubbed/quitted until a fix

paowee's Avatar


paowee
08.05.2013 , 05:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
at least admit we're "ok" in every aspect.
Who is not admitting we're not ok?

Quote:
There's seriously nothing sniper needs right now to do better at dps than every other class in both PvE and PvP
Your opinion is known and noted. Too bad you weren't there when we were discussing the questions. You're vote could have made the difference. Perhaps you can participate on the gunslinger thread several weeks from now.

Quote:
Simply put, if you're honestly worried about arena as a sniper, you probably aren't that great at 8v8.
I don't think i posted anything about snipers not being "ok" much more "worried" about arena.

For reference
, please read the links below carefully and in its entirety. I made that thread and do not remember reading about any 1) complaints 2) anyone talking about snipers not being "ok" 3) anyone talking about being worried in arena. The PVP question we have right now may "seem" worrisome for this class' future but there's a difference between blatant complaining about your class AND a genuine question inquiring about your class. In this case our cooldowns: Laze Target and Target Acquired (if you want to be more specific: Arenas). This question won because of you read these threads, you can see that both PVErs and PVPrs like this question because it applies to both aspects of the game.

google https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UTR2aFE#gid=13
pve http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665594
pvp http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665628

P.S. I don't know if you have been spending your time in OTHER class rep threads where the reps are posting their OWN personal issues and concern with the class and then proceed to post how THEY want the class to get buffed by proposing their own changes. That is NOT the job of the class rep and they have a wrong understanding of what they were tasked to do: Which is figuring out what their assigned class forums' top 3 concerns are and formulating a question about it for BW to answer.

P.S.S. Combat Team we are eagerly awaiting your answer to our top 3!
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

GalnarDegana's Avatar


GalnarDegana
08.05.2013 , 07:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
10k aimed shot for Marksman with an instant 6k follow-through, roll-banging someone from full hp to zero in two seconds, and the forever-kiting ability of having: a stun, a long range mez, a root, uninterpretable inductions, a knockback that roots, and an 18 meter roll that has an added benefit in every tree. Many classes would trade their "big offensive cooldown" for any one of these abilities.

Sniper needs nothing. If anything, PvP slingers/snipers should admit what makes Sniper TOO strong before talking about buffing what is already widely considered the top dps class in the game.

Is there any room to talk about what makes classes far too strong in this representative format or do we really not want our class nerfed?
Yeah, I think in all of our discussion, what kept coming up is "Well, we are doing pretty well, so what do we want to ask?" lol

We are all waiting for the nerf-bat to drop on the very effective Scatter Bombs attack/defense, but we don't want to have Sab/Eng as the second tier DPS spec again. I would like viability in all three specs, so we are definitely in a good place now, but that won't stay that way.

And while I get your point, you weaken it with exaggerations, as Paowee pointed out.

But by all means, please come to the Gunslinger thread and give your suggestions for questions! Maybe we can get together and plan even better ones than the Sniper questions (which IMO were pretty darn awesome) because we have WAY more time lol. Thanks again to Paowee for racing against time to get the questions done. Great job as 1st Sniper Rep.

Gunslinger official questions page:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=666477&page=2