Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen conversation "missions"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Kira Carsen conversation "missions"

Xakthul
09.17.2013 , 03:54 AM | #11
Basically, you get a convo every 1000 affection, but you need to finish the second chapter at least before the romancing goes all the way through to marrying them.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

RyuTiger
09.17.2013 , 08:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Basically, you get a convo every 1000 affection, but you need to finish the second chapter at least before the romancing goes all the way through to marrying them.
Good to know but here is the tril;lion dolar question for BW, if u don't have let's say 6K+ affection with Kira at the end of Chapter 1 but u do all conversations u can before u go onto the next planet with her as ur companion then as u get 1K affection or w/e u need to get to 6K could u do some conversations later in the Jedi Knight's story line in chapter 2 and not miss the marring Kira and advance to thinking about a family conversation?

Distortius
11.18.2013 , 01:56 PM | #13
Are you guys sure you can't "miss" these conversations with Kira? I've completed Corellia and my active class mission now is Doomsday which I believe should be the last, or one of the last ones. Haven't started it yet though, so no spoilers I have 10000 affection with Kira and I have successfully romanced her, and I'm pretty sure I've done most everything right. However, we haven't gotten married or started talking about kids. Could it be that I have mostly had Doc with me for the big bosses at the end of the class quests? I've noticed that most of the Kira romance conversations have happened after you complete major class quests with her.

JLazarillo
11.18.2013 , 04:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Distortius View Post
Are you guys sure you can't "miss" these conversations with Kira? I've completed Corellia and my active class mission now is Doomsday which I believe should be the last, or one of the last ones. Haven't started it yet though, so no spoilers I have 10000 affection with Kira and I have successfully romanced her, and I'm pretty sure I've done most everything right. However, we haven't gotten married or started talking about kids. Could it be that I have mostly had Doc with me for the big bosses at the end of the class quests? I've noticed that most of the Kira romance conversations have happened after you complete major class quests with her.
Kira's a very special case in that you can't get her last convo until after the very last Knight story mission. The only other companion like that is Khem Val, who is similarly locked out until you completely finish the Inquisitor's story.

Distortius
11.19.2013 , 04:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
Kira's a very special case in that you can't get her last convo until after the very last Knight story mission. The only other companion like that is Khem Val, who is similarly locked out until you completely finish the Inquisitor's story.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I figured stuff would happen after the last mission. But since Xakthul wrote that you at least have to finish the second chapter before they marry and stuff, and I'm at the end of the third chapter and it still hasn't happened, I was a bit worried I had missed some and my knight won't get lucky before this story is over. We've talked about marriage but it hasn't happened yet. Oh well, I'll see after the last quest.

Btw: is there a possibility to continue the Kira story after chapter 3, since the storyline has been extended to a chapter 4? Or is the Kira story tied to the original story only?

Xakthul
11.19.2013 , 05:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Distortius View Post
Btw: is there a possibility to continue the Kira story after chapter 3, since the storyline has been extended to a chapter 4? Or is the Kira story tied to the original story only?
The latter, I'm afraid.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

PLynkes
11.19.2013 , 05:52 AM | #17
It does feel like all the relationships turn a bit sour once they reach their conclusion. You marry your love and then basically the two of you never speak to each other again. We had all those adventures together but afterwards we just couldn't make it work. The excitement has gone and the ship almost echoes with the stony silence of our loveless marriage.

Can't expect them to keep adding new companion story stuff I guess, but it would be cool. The only way I can see it happening these days is "Companion Story Expansion Packs" on the Cartel Market. A bit like those cutscenes about the Shroud you can buy.

Distortius
11.19.2013 , 06:01 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PLynkes View Post
It does feel like all the relationships turn a bit sour once they reach their conclusion. You marry your love and then basically the two of you never speak to each other again. We had all those adventures together but afterwards we just couldn't make it work. The excitement has gone and the ship almost echoes with the stony silence of our loveless marriage.

Can't expect them to keep adding new companion story stuff I guess, but it would be cool. The only way I can see it happening these days is "Companion Story Expansion Packs" on the Cartel Market. A bit like those cutscenes about the Shroud you can buy.
This could definetely use some tweaking. A few more cutscenes/conversation missions here and there after chapter 3 has ended, even just changing the replies you get when you click that character. It feels a bit depressing that her reply phrases are the same throughout the game, same the first day you meet her as after you're happily in love. It would feel a lot more alive if the idle conversation changed a bit throughout the story to reflect your progressing relationship.

This would of course require them to get the voice actors to a studio and record new stuff when they didn't think of making it like this from the beginning.