Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen conversation "missions"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Kira Carsen conversation "missions"

VitalityPrime
08.02.2013 , 08:22 AM | #1
Is there a list or guide that shows exactly how much affection you need at certain points in the story to get certain conversation "missions"?

I would really hate to miss opportunities in a game where you can't just reload a previous save point.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

xxforcardassia
08.02.2013 , 09:57 AM | #2
I could be mistaken, but I don't think there is a way to miss any of the companion missions. They're gated behind either affection or your place in the class story. And if, for example, you advance past the trigger point in the story, but don't yet have the affection... it'll still unlock for you as soon as you do have the affection at the necessary level. Same works in reverse, you can have more than the needed affection, but not be able to advance through more companion dialogue until you pass a certain point in the story.

There used to be a link that I can't seem to find now that talked about the tiers of affection to when convos unlock... but google is failing me right now >.< hopefully my above ramble helps with what you're looking for.

BenKatarn
08.02.2013 , 04:49 PM | #3
You cannot miss any conversations with your companions. They are tied to both the affection level you have with them and your progress in your story. Even if you immediately max out affection with one companion the moment you get them, you will not all conversations with them immediately (except when they are a super latecomer like, say, Xalek).

Kira for instance will not talk to you very much during Chapter 1. One of her conversations for instance is tied to your progress in your story (between Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine). She will not open up to you until Chapter 2.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

bright_ephemera
08.04.2013 , 09:18 AM | #4
As noted, you can't miss conversations; they're gated by your main story plot progress and your affection with that companion, but as long as you're progressing both you'll stay on track.

If you're curious about the affection component of the progress gates, Dulfy has listed them here. If you reached a conversation point and aren't getting a conversation, it's because you haven't reached the corresponding point in your class story.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Adjna
09.09.2013 , 10:06 PM | #5
Im in chapter 4 with her at 10k but she hasn't unlocked in my legacy. Any ideas?

AlexDougherty
09.10.2013 , 02:58 AM | #6
I have seen guides naming all the missions, and how much affection, and the earliest point in the story you can do them. But they are not the easiest things to read, and as someone said, you can't miss any of them.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

xSilenciox
09.11.2013 , 06:09 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Adjna View Post
Im in chapter 4 with her at 10k but she hasn't unlocked in my legacy. Any ideas?
Did you do the conversations during the confront emperor mission and after?

ekimmak
09.11.2013 , 06:16 PM | #8
Kira Carsen. Why did I waste all those companion gifts on her to try and get the melee DPS companion buff before the final mission, when you've got a conversation I can't hear until AFTER I finish the JK?
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Xakthul
09.16.2013 , 08:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
Kira Carsen. Why did I waste all those companion gifts on her to try and get the melee DPS companion buff before the final mission, when you've got a conversation I can't hear until AFTER I finish the JK?
Spoiler
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Naelidaan
09.17.2013 , 12:40 AM | #10
Well. You can't 'miss' conversations in the sense that you'll always get about the same number of them. The dialogue in some of the companion conversation missions does however alter significantly sometimes depending on when you do them in relation to the class story.

And in turn some of the conversation options in your class story missions can also vary depending on which companion conversations you've done/not done yet and the options you've chosen. Mostly in relation to the romance option companions and whether you've gotten the started romance flag yet from what I've seen.