Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Mysterious Ancient Tome


MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
05.25.2014 , 08:33 PM | #211
I'm in the den regularly, and have visited the rooftop on several occasions, noticing it as well. I'll be sure to look out for some more discerning stuff hopefully that can help solve this mystery. (especially if it's to do with the galactic stronghold/guild stuff).

MishraArtificer's Avatar


MishraArtificer
05.25.2014 , 09:01 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by peedeeboy View Post
Out of interest, and probably completely unrelated, did anyone ever figure out if it is possible to get the 'upgraded' versions of the Seismic Excavator? http://www.torhead.com/search/burba - long shot hope that if echos are related somehow, a more powerful ping might be the answer... maybe aggroing Kezzit for the elusive fourth buff...

I guess they were probably going to be for Cybertech crafters, but never implemented?
...wait, you can break those down? I need to send one to my Cybertech, pronto.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

DarthVitrial's Avatar


DarthVitrial
05.27.2014 , 03:25 PM | #213
Hmm...is it actually possible to get the Burba Prototype Burst Scanner? Based on its description, if any Burba stuff could wake up the Duneclaw, it would be that one...maybe by reverse engineering a Burba Seismic Excavator/Scanner Rev. C? If they (rev B, rev C, and the burst scanner) AREN'T obtainable yet, maybe we should bug BioWare until they are. :P
Pythirr Falton of the Harbinger.
Shadow of Revan Beta Tester
Become my Referral via this link
to get a Preferred Friends Bundle and 7 days added to your subscription (I will get Cartel Coins).
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I support blindly your salmon.

Armordrone's Avatar


Armordrone
05.29.2014 , 04:36 PM | #214
I've been investigating this mystery of surrounding the Ancient Tome for a while now, and I want to share my theories. I really do like the theory of "Blood for the Blood God" and there are legacy achievements for killing players in the Den. The "Guild Flagship Buff" however, I gotta shoot this one down due to it being implemented in the Stronghold update, while the tome was there since I believe 1.0. Now, my personal theories. I believe that the Well Fed Womp Rat getting the Three Buffs is 90% chance on purpose, or 10% insanely coincidental glitch. The seeker droid kept pointing me straight into walls all around the Den, but this may be pushing it considering like I said, the tome was implemented during 1.0. Although I find the Mysterious Door To...Whatever waits on the other side of a door found by dataminers quite interesting, it seems like none of the walls are accesible except Force push/pull. The Sarlacc Pit has captured my attention for the reason of it being that it just seems...out of place...even on Tatooine. I just feel like it belongs to this even with it being out of the Den. This is all I have compiled in a nutshell, and one more thing. Devs, we all know you've seen this thread. we aren't even asking for hints we just want to know if our search is worth our time. PLEASE ANSWER.

HekaHeh's Avatar


HekaHeh
06.04.2014 , 01:35 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
We got an answer :

This is from the Cantina Tour report :
ancient tome isnt anything anyone will talk about for 6 to 9 months.
Source : http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...2&postcount=31
(Still feel a little offended by the double negations..)
Anyways, this was back in November, I hope they have sth. to offer with the upcoming GU 2.8 .
I am going mad if they just remove the Tome or add another vendor up there, but I will go through everything I've tried so far again when 2.8 hits. If anybody got any ideas that haven't been tried by now, please share your thoughts.
And BW, pls tell us at some point if there is sth. out in the Outlaws Den or not.

Mathemagica's Avatar


Mathemagica
06.04.2014 , 01:46 PM | #216
Just a wild guess, but did anyone experiment with the Czerk Crate-o-Matic on Tatooine? Perhaps one has to 'hide' to lure out that slippery boss.

GeorgeWhite's Avatar


GeorgeWhite
06.13.2014 , 04:30 AM | #217
According to this Q&A (last question)...the tome is useless...
One of the greatest mysteries of Tatooine and this game is gone...
I have nothing to say, just gonna cry the whole night

Ruskaeth's Avatar


Ruskaeth
06.13.2014 , 04:50 AM | #218
I think it's weird that BW is unable to catch the ball people threw at them in this and other threads.
Hey subscriber or player about to subscribe! Yes, you! Would you like a free server transfer and seven days added to your subscription for free?

Click this monkey 🙊 and accept with a yes on the next screen. Remember! You can only do it once.


🙈 DiLiH Janitor: Dr'Slime, Cheveyo, P'ur, Cautela, Vaecordia, Dactylion 🙉

DarthBurton's Avatar


DarthBurton
06.13.2014 , 07:42 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
I think it's weird that BW is unable to catch the ball people threw at them in this and other threads.
Almost as weird as the fact, that this tome was around since at least 1.5 years and nobody, absolutely NOBODY at Bioware felt obliged to tell the players, that they are wasting their time with something, that either was a leftover, or never had a meaning in the first place. People begged for months, that someone from Bioware could clear up the confusion, instead, some people at BW felt it was important, to be as mysterious as possible about it, to keep players digging for a secret, that never really existed.

Nice to see, that finally someone at Bioware had some guts to spit it out. Too bad that it was 1.5 years too late and that a cantina event was needed to get this information. Would have been much easier if one dev would have made one post to clarify the situation, but i guess that would have been too easy.

peedeeboy's Avatar


peedeeboy
06.13.2014 , 01:50 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgeWhite View Post
According to this Q&A (last question)...the tome is useless...
One of the greatest mysteries of Tatooine and this game is gone...
I have nothing to say, just gonna cry the whole night
Double sadface!