Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Mysterious Ancient Tome

ipsrambo
10.07.2013 , 01:50 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
No, I had already expected this outcome : A story line cave labelled as such, because a Kryt Dragon lies nearby ... Or some other reason.

There are *lots* of caves out there, and they *all* need to have a name that's easy to remember ...
If you look at a previous image many of the caves are simply "cave_1" "cave_2" etc. This one is unique.

Nebdar
10.11.2013 , 01:10 AM | #162
Anyone tried to go to Sarlacc Pit and take jump into that beast with all 3 buffs
RED ECLIPSE -> YOUR NEW BEST SERVER
BYE TOFN
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

AlrikFassbauer
10.11.2013 , 07:05 AM | #163
Not yet, but - good idea ...
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

Anysao
10.14.2013 , 11:43 AM | #164
Well now that it's official, the dread masters are dead, I guess this time doesn't have to do with them.

Tatooine is probably the planet the Devs put the most work into for immersion's sake. Literally anything out of the ordinary could be, or could be misinterpreted, as a clue.
That being said, I think I'm going to go off planet and search for some clues. Where should I start?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

THoK-Zeus
10.14.2013 , 03:42 PM | #165
I did not really participate in this discussion so far, but i saw something in the current patch notes for tomorrow, maybe it will be helpful:

•After a generous donation, the Tourism Cartel of Tatooine is able to provide visitors to Mos Ila Spaceport and Anchorhead Spaceport with information that will allow players to earn the "History of Tatooine" Lore Codex entry.

Nebdar
10.15.2013 , 09:37 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
I did not really participate in this discussion so far, but i saw something in the current patch notes for tomorrow, maybe it will be helpful:

•After a generous donation, the Tourism Cartel of Tatooine is able to provide visitors to Mos Ila Spaceport and Anchorhead Spaceport with information that will allow players to earn the "History of Tatooine" Lore Codex entry.
So we have to check out that the Tome is still there(cause we now hat it won't be giving us that achievement)......
BYE TOFN
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

AlrikFassbauer
10.15.2013 , 12:27 PM | #167
I didn't do that jump yet, bewcause I wanted to finish my Smuggler's class story.

However, there is one Corso Riggs companion quest taking place on Tatooine - and it has a door that cannot be opened ...

Spoiler for those who've played all or almost all Corso Riggs companion quests through :

Spoiler

As a side-note, I found via the help of another discussion here that there is another tunnel helping to get to the quest area, bypassing both the Outlaws' Den and the imperial outpost ... THe funny thing with that tunnel is, that it cannot be seen from a distance ... Well hidden ! I thought.

I wonder whether this door - which locks away a part of the quest's cave from the rest of the quest's vave - can be opened somehow ? The bad thing is that this door is accessible only during this particular quest ...

It could also be a try to lock out an area that is uninteresting ... but why shouldn't the devs do it ? The rest behind that locked door is - according to the map - as big as the accessible "quest cave" !

TORHead entry on that companion quest : http://www.torhead.com/mission/5BJGI...ickle#show-map
Click on "Tribal Settlement Cave" under "relevant locations" to see the cave's map.
Beware ! It is high-spoilerish !

The locked door is in the almost exact middle of that map.

One possibility would be that the other half of this map is used elsewhere ... So, that they'd have 1 map for 2 quests within that game ...

DarthVitrial
10.15.2013 , 02:32 PM | #168
The door is Corso's quest is because that same instance is used for an Imperial world arc quest. The door is used in that quest.

Nebdar
10.15.2013 , 06:00 PM | #169
And you don't haveto make the jump with all the 3 buffs into the Sarlac Pit.... you can go anytime for an....title
BYE TOFN
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

AlrikFassbauer
10.16.2013 , 09:38 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
The door is Corso's quest is because that same instance is used for an Imperial world arc quest. The door is used in that quest.
Oh, thank you. I never knew that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nebdar View Post
And you don't haveto make the jump with all the 3 buffs into the Sarlac Pit.... you can go anytime for an....title
I already read that somewhere. I even saw that title in an screenshot (I think it was about PvP) here somewhere in the forums.