Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Mysterious Ancient Tome


znihilist's Avatar


znihilist
09.29.2013 , 02:08 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by ToMyMa View Post
Hmm... But didn't we come to the conclusion that this had been in the game since start? And not from 2.0?
Yes, and this is my issue with many theories being thrown around. I don't understand how a puzzle introduced in 1.0 can only be solved when something is added almost a year and a half later. The TFB/DreadTooth/SnV puzzle was already half-solved the moment TfB went live (people still needed time). However, this is different. If the puzzle is not bugged, then we need to be looking at something in-game that is not related to any new content and mechanics.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
09.29.2013 , 02:34 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Yes, and this is my issue with many theories being thrown around. I don't understand how a puzzle introduced in 1.0 can only be solved when something is added almost a year and a half later. The TFB/DreadTooth/SnV puzzle was already half-solved the moment TfB went live (people still needed time). However, this is different. If the puzzle is not bugged, then we need to be looking at something in-game that is not related to any new content and mechanics.
... meaning no rakkie event, Seeker droid, etc.
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Return of Yavin
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
09.29.2013 , 06:26 PM | #133
As people have said also though this may have been a palce holder or no puzzle at all ( bug ) yet BW may read alot of this and choose to add something in at a later date ( or already have done so ) so ruling out anything pre 2.0 or what have you could be an error if they choose to add something in at a later date if you catch my drift.

znihilist's Avatar


znihilist
09.29.2013 , 08:24 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
As people have said also though this may have been a palce holder or no puzzle at all ( bug ) yet BW may read alot of this and choose to add something in at a later date ( or already have done so ) so ruling out anything pre 2.0 or what have you could be an error if they choose to add something in at a later date if you catch my drift.
I am not disputing that it may very well be the case. But considering the other puzzles in game, it is extremely improbable that the puzzle who have been in the game since December 2011 will only be solved by adding something in a patch (hint the word "adding") almost two years later.
So:
  1. If the puzzle is not bugged then most probably it is something with pre 2.0 mechanics, I might even go as far and say pre 1.4 content.
  2. Now if it is bugged, then 1) still applies, but we need BW to acknowledge the puzzle and then fix it.
  3. If it is just a place holder then there is no puzzle and all what we are doing here is pointless.
However, since we already have datamined information that more or less confirm a puzzle is in place. Then 3) can be thrown out of the window. In all cases we need someone to (Eric or someone else) to step here and tell us if there is a puzzle, and if it is bugged or not. I don't even want any hints. I just want to know if we need to look more or not.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
09.30.2013 , 05:25 AM | #135
I still have the feeling as if this Ancient Tome was / might've been related to the Rakghoul Event, somehow. (Which was before I came to SWTOR.)

And, by the way, it occurred to me that no-one knows what to do with the false crystal stone from the smugglere's class story ... It's riddle is essentually : Does it (the stone) have/make any sense at all ?
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

DarthBurton's Avatar


DarthBurton
09.30.2013 , 01:53 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I still have the feeling as if this Ancient Tome was / might've been related to the Rakghoul Event, somehow. (Which was before I came to SWTOR.)
Was around during that time, can't remember anything that could have have been related with the tome.
Maybe it plays a role when Bioware decides to revive the Rakghoul-Event. According to swtor_miner, Bioware added and changed many of the Rakghoul-event files in the last months. It will have a bigger PvP-component. Since the outlaws den is a PvP-area, Bioware may intends to include the tome for the event. Could be the reason, why Bioware stays silent about that matter. I love pointless speculation....
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

HekaHeh's Avatar


HekaHeh
10.01.2013 , 02:26 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
And, by the way, it occurred to me that no-one knows what to do with the false crystal stone from the smugglere's class story ... It's riddle is essentually : Does it (the stone) have/make any sense at all ?
Tried that "stone" [called "Counterfeit Murustavan Ruby"], and some other stuff in my inventory, no success.
I guess we have to kill the Sarlacc then, jumping in its mouth with tremendous Courage, waiting with unbreakable Patience for the inevitable digestion and gathering our last sparkles of Hope to survive this horrible nightmare...

darth_psychose's Avatar


darth_psychose
10.01.2013 , 10:06 PM | #138
Hi, i'm a french player and i'm really exciting about this thread and thank you guys for trying to resolve it

i hear about krayt's cave datamined in the previous post. At the entrance of the outlaw's den there are krayt's dragon skull

- http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...ns-titre-2.jpg
- A kotor's dragon krayt

it makes sense to me.
Mìf Guardian // Mif Gunslinger
<Les Gardiens D'Anachore>

Tyminator's Avatar


Tyminator
10.01.2013 , 11:46 PM | #139
Compliments of a data mining friend


Krayt_Cave map pic:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/j14ydj.jpg

Krayt_Cave misc img.
http://oi42.tinypic.com/wqwnjl.jpg
Guildmaster <Registered Sith Offenders>
Itsrambo - The Harbinger
www.rsoguild.com + www.itsrambo.net (Coming Soon)

DarthBurton's Avatar


DarthBurton
10.02.2013 , 01:37 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyminator View Post
Compliments of a data mining friend


Krayt_Cave map pic:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/j14ydj.jpg

Krayt_Cave misc img.
http://oi42.tinypic.com/wqwnjl.jpg
Your friend datamined the Sanddemons cave of the Sithwarrior storyline and labeled it as krayt dragon cave.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55