Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Mysterious Ancient Tome

ZirusZero
09.22.2013 , 10:58 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by HekaHeh View Post
I don't want to spark the fires of the mystery machine again, but this response of the CSM could very likely be a result of e.g. me writing several "Bug-Tickets" regarding the Tome back in June, after not having received the simple answer whether or not it was a bug or remnant of some sort to my requests.

So it could possibly have landed on the "bugged" list, which the CSM might have looked onto and responded to you -
Because removing this so suspiciously placed item entirely and probably taking away the secret (if there ever was one) so we can buy it later in the CM would be too sad for me to believe.

So I personally stop thinking things into this (where probably are none at all) as soon as a CSM/Dev has responded in here that there is only blank nothingness and time wasting to it.
So we should most likely ignore it then.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Tyminator
09.22.2013 , 01:19 PM | #92
My first ticket was a bug report as well, it said make another ticket if I want a response, the response I got was that it was a bug. I'm amazed we haven't gotten an official response yet.
Guildmaster <Registered Sith Offenders>
Itsrambo - The Harbinger
www.rsoguild.com + www.itsrambo.net (Coming Soon)

Alec_Fortescue
09.23.2013 , 07:12 AM | #93
So much for a mystery and a puzzle to solve. Really devs?
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

dipstik
09.23.2013 , 01:12 PM | #94
might need courtney, amber or eric to respond to this

DarthBurton
09.23.2013 , 02:58 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
So much for a mystery and a puzzle to solve. Really devs?
Would have been no problem, if they would have said so from the beginning. But this pseudo-mysterious blah blah (including the german CSM i quoted here several pages ago) for a bug or left-over is just extremely disappointing.

Let's make it simple devs:

Is there a puzzle in the outlaws den? If yes, is it solveable at this time?

Nobody's asking for any hints how the puzzle's to be solved (i say this a third time, since the german customer support is apparently unable to read more than two sentences without having major accidents, i hope, the english forums don't work the same way). We, or at least the most of us, just want to know if it is worth to spend the time in the den, dune sea or whereever on tatooine, searching for a puzzle that perhaps don#t even exist.

I still reckon, that CatchDeathwalkers white lightsaber-story is related to this thing (Alec and some others surely remember). Bioware never intended, that people would reach the roof (at least not at that time) and yet, CDW might have been able to do so. He possibly used the ways we did, encountered something that isn't there anymore and it led him to the white lightsaber crystal.

That would fit with Stephen Reids post back in January 2012:
Quote:
Unfortunately the actions of the player in question were intentional and deliberate. As well as the item being removed, further action was taken on this player’s account. This was not an ‘easy exploit’, and not something the average player might ‘stumble upon’.
http://swtor.junkiesnation.com/2012/...crystal-found/

So, whatever that was under the roof, it wasn't intended to be revealed at that time, so they wanted to prevent anyone from reaching it. Assumption: CDW reached it, Bioware banned him and removed whatever could be fought or summoned in there, just in case people like us would discover the same ways to reach the roof. But again, Bioware got sloppy and forgot to remove the clickable tome, which in turn led us to the current situation. And since such a situation (and procedures) are a bit embarrassing, Bioware prefers to sit it out.

Again, only speculation on my part. And that won't change until the devs clarify the current situation.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

JattaGin
09.23.2013 , 03:01 PM | #96
This is the best puzzle in the whole game. Seriously! It is the first time for many, many months that something in this game hooked me.

Bioware, you have surely seen this thread by now. You see that we are dedicated to solve this riddle. If it is an actual riddle, please give us a sign that we shall continue our search.

If it is only a bug, then please ADD A RIDDLE for us there. You see, this is something many subs seem to appreciate. This is fun - or it can be fun. Help us by making our quest worthwhile. Thank you!

DarthVitrial
09.23.2013 , 03:12 PM | #97
Personal theory: it's a bug, but only, to quote Obi-Wan, from a certain point of view.
The Tome IS supposed to be there. Accessing it from the crack in the roof isn't.
I believe someone here said datamining referred to some sort of teleporter. Ergo, the bugfix would be to block the crack in the roof, not to remove the tome.

lukewaldo
09.23.2013 , 04:30 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
This is the best puzzle in the whole game. Seriously! It is the first time for many, many months that something in this game hooked me.

Bioware, you have surely seen this thread by now. You see that we are dedicated to solve this riddle. If it is an actual riddle, please give us a sign that we shall continue our search.

If it is only a bug, then please ADD A RIDDLE for us there. You see, this is something many subs seem to appreciate. This is fun - or it can be fun. Help us by making our quest worthwhile. Thank you!
Agreed!
Bazinga!

znihilist
09.23.2013 , 05:15 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBurton View Post
That would fit with Stephen Reids post back in January 2012:

http://swtor.junkiesnation.com/2012/...crystal-found/

So, whatever that was under the roof, it wasn't intended to be revealed at that time, so they wanted to prevent anyone from reaching it. Assumption: CDW reached it, Bioware banned him and removed whatever could be fought or summoned in there, just in case people like us would discover the same ways to reach the roof. But again, Bioware got sloppy and forgot to remove the clickable tome, which in turn led us to the current situation. And since such a situation (and procedures) are a bit embarrassing, Bioware prefers to sit it out.

Again, only speculation on my part. And that won't change until the devs clarify the current situation.
From what I understood is that he contacted CS in order to get it, not from a loot. ie, he figured out how to get the item but he needed CS in order to do it. So he lied to them about something and that led him to the crystal.
Whether they gave him the crystal or another item, it was a CS exploit and not an in-game one.

Edit: I will try to find the relevant post, since I am sure it was about CS. Beside we have no proof that this leads to the white crystal.
These are not the signatures you are looking for!

HekaHeh
09.24.2013 , 01:00 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBurton View Post
Let's make it simple devs:

Is there a puzzle in the outlaws den? If yes, is it solveable at this time?

This. They only need to feel embarrassment if they currently actually felt embarrassment without the need of doing so - a simple factual statement to the question quoted above is required, nothing more. I know what these guys are capable of, so this should be quite an easy task for them to accomplish.

Anyways, since I have yet seen no reason to stop trying to solve this "mystery", a question @Tyminator:
You said you "checked out" the balloon in the SE ez. North to Mos Ila.

http://imageshack.com/i/5nxwr5j
http://imageshack.com/i/f3nza2j

Given that there are no screens of it, question is - have you actually managed to get ON the balloon? or at least get close to the spot it supposedly lands and tried to jump on?