Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Crashes

12.21.2011 , 01:00 PM | #1
Morning Community, I'm having a big problem with SWTOR and I do not know how to remedy it. I can start the game, I've created characters and I'm able to play for a decent amount of time until the Game Crashes and I'm shoved back to my Desktop. At the worst of times, when I log back in, It only takes 5 minutes for it crash again, at the best of times, I'm able to resume playing for another good while. I'd just like the crashes to stop.

Can someone help me fix this problem? I'm waiting eagerly for anything that could help this problem.

12.21.2011 , 05:11 PM | #2
Same problem. It seems to crash to the desktop at random intervals, and there is never an error message. The game will freeze, sound will stop, then the sound will come on again and the game will close.

My program was installed from download. I've ensured my driver is up-to-date (uninstalled and reinstalled), made sure DirectX is updated, and my system passes the requirements. I used the repair tool on the launcher as well. I'm at a loss as to what I should do.

This never happened to me in beta, and does not happen in any other game run on this computer. It must be happening on my end, as this has not happened to a friend of mine at all, so I cannot blame the game.

12.21.2011 , 05:13 PM | #3
Same problem here. I have been having this problem since beta however. I am using windows 7 64bit, and the patched up version of the game from my beta download if that helps anyone.

12.31.2011 , 12:49 AM | #4
I have the same trouble. I run Windows XP. When I play other games like WoW, I will crash maybe once every couple of months - it's rare. With this game, I am crashing every day I login.

12.31.2011 , 01:01 AM | #5
I am experiencing is a random crash to desktop ("program has stopped working" prompt) at completely random times.

I tested this out for a few hours and I sat in town, not touching my keyboard or anything, and at random times, it would get the error and crash to desktop. Sometimes it took 15min, sometimes 2-5min.

This is the line in Event Viewer:
"Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll"

Windows 7 64bit
nvidia 9800gtx
e8400 3.0ghz

This seems to have started since patch as I dont recall having this issue before then (got the game on christmas evening)

I hope they can identify what in the patch caused this and they can revert back to the original files/data relating to this.

01.01.2012 , 02:07 PM | #6
I have exactly the same issue. I have Windows 7 (32 bit), latest graphics drivers (AMD HD 6850) and audio drivers. I meet the required hardware specs of the game.

I can start the game, log in and play for several hours without any issues.
Then at a random moment the game stalls, sound stops, then resumes and the game quits to the desktop.
I checked my CPU and GPU temperatures right after the crash.
They were well within limits (not even high at all).
No error message.

01.07.2012 , 10:14 PM | #7
I have the same problem since last patch that came 3 days ago 5/1.

01.07.2012 , 10:20 PM | #8
My entire computer restarts at least once aday when playing.. drives me crazy..

01.07.2012 , 10:22 PM | #9
Is this in relation to your problem?

01.07.2012 , 10:24 PM | #10
I started having problems with my computer restarting since the patch on 1/6 . checked all drivers, temps, memory , chkdsk , even reinstalled the game and still does it . Sometimes in a few minutes and sometimes a few hours.