Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game not fully downloaded

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DylanRPG
08.04.2013 , 06:27 AM | #21
Owen, I was so impatient with it I ended up uninstalling and re-installing, but I have found that your method appears to work.

I made the change you suggested, and this converts the launcher to the traditional non-streaming version, which allows use of the repair tool

OwenBrooks
08.04.2013 , 06:45 AM | #22
Good to know mate, not sure if this bit raider is their solution to those that have traditional patching issues, seems it causes its own problems at present

Naugor
08.06.2013 , 08:16 AM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
This post has been removed for accuracy. -TW
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support | Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ColonelRambo
07.27.2014 , 04:28 PM | #24
I did this, finding out that it takes a long time to finish

DeCruzer
08.21.2014 , 05:40 PM | #25
Followed this suggestion,
game went well on 8/21/2014,but stuck at 97.99% after recent update to the fixes, still unable to get past the 97.99% even after deleting the "bitraider"
Help pls

DeCruzer

[QUOTE=Naugor;6630534][COLOR=#f9d648]Heya everyone,

I am glad to see that Dylan's issue has already been resolved by reverting back to the old technology, thanks to Owen's help.

Metwars, let me clarify that Beruthien was referring to the launcher utilizing the non-streaming technology. As you are already using the new streaming technology however, there is in fact no repair button available. Instead you will see "ST" written in the bottom left corner, showing that the streaming technology is enabled.

Now in order to resolve your issue please do the following:
  1. Close both Launcher and SWTOR.
  2. Delete the “BitRaider” directory from your game install directory
    1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
  3. Run the Launcher
This will force the Launcher to do a full verify of all game files and will update/repair any which are damaged or incomplete. After this verification, the Play button will be enabled.

Thoop
08.21.2014 , 09:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post

This will force the Launcher to do a full verify of all game files and will update/repair any which are damaged or incomplete. After this verification, the Play button will be enabled.

Apologies for the confusion. Let us know how you are getting on with these updated steps.
the repairs pause out and it will never get to the "play button"

come home form work and the launcher will be frozen after running all day. to close the launcher or reset the computer means starting the entire download over again just to let it "pause out" during the eventual repairs.

4 days later and i'm going to re instal the game from scratch, sigh
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I've been waiting for you, Thoop. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the poster; now *I* am the troll!
#myfreeswagreferallink- > http://www.swtor.com/r/4cqDGG