Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WarbNull
08.09.2013 , 02:55 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Well, thing is, as a subscriber I've been racking up Cartel Coins for almost a year now. Unless you've been spending coins condoning EA's efforts to push gambling via prize boxes, anybody with a subscription should be sitting on a nice pile of cartel coins. (I think I have ~7000, last I looked?) So, even if I chose to use cartel coins instead of credits, (which I won't, I don't see any particularly need for this companion, as I assume he will be pretty much ignored in the existing class storylines, and I expect if they ever add to the class storylines I'll probably be legacy 40 by then), it wouldn't be coming out of my pocket anyways. It'll be coming out of my stockpile of coins I've been accumulating while waiting for something worthwhile to buy. Anything costing CC is, in moderation, free to subscribers.
Yeah I am sitting at 5000 Cartel Coins from my subscription. I have spent a few Coins. I only used them on a few Character Perks and a few Cargo Hold Unlocks for my Account wide. That is all I spent my Coins on so far as they are the only things that I think were were it so far.

As cool as some things are on the Cartel Market I have yet to find a lot of it worth the prices they have put them for. So out of principle I am not buying those items I think are Over-Priced. Suits of Armor for $10 and Treek for almost $20. It is unbelievable in my opinion. Treek is basically the cost of our Expansion. Something to think about.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

MadHobbit
08.12.2013 , 10:37 AM | #142
well remember they have to make up the 4.5 billion dollars they gave GL for SW. i imagine a new companion of sorts every 6 months, who knows maybe a VOSS one next. if she was a FULL companion with lots of storyline cut scenes
(i hear there are only 2),and would allow a 6th mission for crew skills, I MIGHT be interested.

FelineOfEvil
08.15.2013 , 10:17 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Vraedvictis View Post
Increasingly the market is hostile to attempts to force this propaganda and misandrist ideology upon it.
So the hordes of female dancers don't bother you, the female sex slaves don't worry you, the nobleman on Alderaan who wants to rape a woman doesn't bother you, but one male dancer, not even all that racy, and some comments from Treek that a male bounty hunter could just as easily have made, that prompts a ballistic reaction? I'm a feminist, and not a misandrist. I'm not interested in bashing men. I don't get more interested in a game just because they throw in a male stripper. However, having one male stripper is not male bashing, just an acknowledgement that in the real world, male strippers do exist, and women do watch them. It does make me happy that Bioware understands I'm a customer too. They show this by writing interesting female characters, not by adding one male stripper. And no, women gamers are not some tiny insignificant minority that should be ignored because a few guys can't handle a shirtless Twilek dude table dancing. How is this any different than having tons of female dancers in the game? Why on earth would any guy feel driven away by this, unless he's seriously threatened by women being interested in sexy entertainment?

DaShuk
08.16.2013 , 03:27 AM | #144
The fact we can get a stupid Ewok companion but still don't have playable Togruta, amongst other races, really bothers me...

damagedhalo
08.16.2013 , 04:29 AM | #145
People didn't demand the new pets & mounts in the Blizzard store to be included with their subs...why should this be any different? I have 1 level 55, and only legacy 18. I definitely don't have the extra cash to blow on CC since I'm remodeling my house...yet here I sit defending the set up. Why? Because people sell the CC contracts. I made 1 mil credits yesterday, without much effort. I played for 3 hours, and made 1 mil credits. My goal is to buy the CC contract off the GTN (currently bouncing between 1.6 - 2.8 mil creds) So I will log in for 3 days, do my routine to farm some credits, and I will have acquired it without touching the credits I already had saved up.

It's not hard, and it won't take me a year to get it. If people don't want to put in the effort to acquire new goodies, then they shouldn't be able to acquire them.

It's just a game, not real life

Aries_cz
08.16.2013 , 04:50 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by DaShuk View Post
The fact we can get a stupid Ewok companion but still don't have playable Togruta, amongst other races, really bothers me...
Making a single companion model that cannot wear armor is way, way, way, easier than making a fully customizable player character model that should have as little clipping issues as possible.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

_Neuro_
12.22.2013 , 04:44 AM | #147
Hello there!
I've bought mercenary contract for treek using cartle coins, sent it to my lvling character (Zealou - Sentinel lvl 10 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd) & used it couple days ago - as a result item is gone, further quest for obtaining Treek not provided, nothing in quest log, over 2k cartel coins are gone with 1 click

Made in-game ticket as it happened, but it may take days to get any answer....

For sure, it's some kind of bug/error, but seems like noone in-game (at least guild-members or server-people i've asked) had same problem

Yaesive
02.02.2014 , 09:47 PM | #148
If you did not purchase the Treek from the Cartel while it was listed as a new addition what do you need to do now if you don't have 1 Million credits?
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda

AussieAlan
02.02.2014 , 10:54 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Yaesive View Post
If you did not purchase the Treek from the Cartel while it was listed as a new addition what do you need to do now if you don't have 1 Million credits?
Cartel button, cosmetic, tab 2, took me a whole 2 seconds of looking.

morfius
02.03.2014 , 06:45 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by _Neuro_ View Post
Hello there!
I've bought mercenary contract for treek using cartle coins, sent it to my lvling character (Zealou - Sentinel lvl 10 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd) & used it couple days ago - as a result item is gone, further quest for obtaining Treek not provided, nothing in quest log, over 2k cartel coins are gone with 1 click

Made in-game ticket as it happened, but it may take days to get any answer....

For sure, it's some kind of bug/error, but seems like noone in-game (at least guild-members or server-people i've asked) had same problem
Check your collections, any used CM item shows there (may need game restart to update), so I suppose contract will be there also (at least 1 mil credits version is) and can be cloned on same character as many times as you want, just get new contract from collection (character that used it) and apply it without interrupting cast.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."