Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Master_Hitsugaya
08.06.2013 , 04:11 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtreme-Nova View Post
I am sorry I was wanting one but now that I see that you have to be level 40 and drop 1 million credits for it is too darn high. I can use the 1 million credits for my guild that I made the other day. Plus why would I want to drop 2100 Cartel Coins when I can get other things for a cheaper price. I am sorry but if its on the Cartel Market it should only be at least 320 and at max 1200 Cartel Coins. I have been loyal to SWTOR even through the BS patch jobs that have screwed things up more than fixed them; but this has gone too far. Unless you put it to where its 320 to 1200 Cartel Coins, I won't be getting this and I will be letting my guild know not to waste their Cartel Coins on this. Great game by the way... Just fix the headless character on Tython LOL. Its the guy by the bridge that you talk to this old guy about this man and woman being in love.
320-1200 CC are you insane!!! this is possible the best healing companion and the best take all rolled into one. I got it with CC and thought that i was a reasonable price.

bsbrad
08.06.2013 , 04:49 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
The other 17% are willing to work for a cause, not just for the money.
83% mercenaries do not care what they do, as long as they get paid. The rest are more "choosy" and have some moral opinions.
63.4512% of all statistics are made up
N'abi
Harbinger
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

KalaxusNKVD
08.06.2013 , 05:10 PM | #123
Cartel Coin Costs are too high for us poor folk, like there isn't stuff that all you Richy Rich players get to flaunt about. mmo's were better before incompetent players could just spend cash to beef up their chars. I realize that's just the way it is now, but that doesn't mean I gotta like it! Also Legacy level 40 and some quest should be enough to unlock Treek, not Legacy Level and 1mil creds. Legacy Level 40 takes alot of hard work to achieve and should be enough!

Endymionsama
08.06.2013 , 05:51 PM | #124
I still think the CC's cost is insane. HK-51 is super useful compared to this Ewok pet. His one shot ability has made fights so much easier when leveling. What I don't get is if they want to make money why price this so high? Personally I wont be getting it until the price goes down. As far as the legacy lvl 40 thing its stupid. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to sit at home all day and play this game from their mom's basement. Some of us have lives, wives, jobs and pets. While I do have characters at the level cap, I do play 4 other MMO's so star wars is not always the one I play with what little free time I have.

EnkiduNineEight
08.06.2013 , 05:58 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Use the force and read better. Once it is unlocked for one character, it is 700 cartel coins for the rest of your characters. Also, if you are legacy level 40 (which is when it is the legacy bonus) it is only 300,000 credits, which is fairly inexpensive as far as this type of legacy unlock goes.

edit: also you don't need cartel coins at all if you are legacy level 40, it is 1 million credits.

*sorry wasn't thinking straight originally
Which is it, 300,000 or 1,000,000

When I go to the vendor its a million and I am a living legend...

Laris_Rai
08.06.2013 , 07:52 PM | #126
I think Legacy 40 is a bit high. It certainly isn't a favor to casual players.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Plan-of-Exit
08.07.2013 , 06:02 AM | #127
In my opinion, if you are a subscriber you should get a couple more benefits along the way. This would be a great "thank you for subscribing" gift. I mean, we already pay 12.99-15.99 per month and I think it would be nice if we didnt have to pay more for the these things. And I know what you're thinking, just pay the one million, but I mean cmon, I've been playing for almost a year now and I'm only legacy level 15 - I have a ways to go for 40. So, basically, this Treek is for those who have been playing a very long time (1-2 years at the least) or someone with 2100 - 2800 cc extra on their hands. I guess that makes me chopped liver.

MadHobbit
08.07.2013 , 11:27 AM | #128
well from what i have read abut how you get the companion and the cost , I see this as a way to boost profits.
I can see them doing this once a year or so when they need to raise the quarterly earnings.

on a side note,complaining on this forum only has a limited effect, take your thoughts to other forums that EA/Bio do not control is much better.

idnewton
08.07.2013 , 01:27 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Plan-of-Exit View Post
In my opinion, if you are a subscriber you should get a couple more benefits along the way. This would be a great "thank you for subscribing" gift. I mean, we already pay 12.99-15.99 per month and I think it would be nice if we didnt have to pay more for the these things. And I know what you're thinking, just pay the one million, but I mean cmon, I've been playing for almost a year now and I'm only legacy level 15 - I have a ways to go for 40. So, basically, this Treek is for those who have been playing a very long time (1-2 years at the least) or someone with 2100 - 2800 cc extra on their hands. I guess that makes me chopped liver.
The game hasn't even been out for two years.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

EnkiduNineEight
08.07.2013 , 02:48 PM | #130
The cost is bad enough, but Treek arrives with level 10 equipment, no matter what level you acquire them.
At least when you spend a million to buy your HK it comes with level 50 gear.

Here's Treek, with a backstory and claims to being tough and it arrives with LEVEL 10 EQUIPMENT!