Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gloomycakes
08.04.2013 , 01:49 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Completely not worth either currencies. Why it wasn't a quest line (free for subscribers) like what they did for HK, then unlocked through legacy exhibits yet more of the laziness and greed of Bioware. Less content for subscribers, more Cartel Market BS. Subscriptions become less and less meaningful. Bioware really is part of the dark side cause that deal (subscriptions) actually is getting worse all the time. Not surprising, but I saw this coming, and it's not over by a long shot. Through all the levels of approval you let this and so many other terrible decisions etc. in the past go live... Things that someone who actually cared would never allow it to see the light of day the way you presented it. You truly don't care anymore, and I can't support someone who doesn't care about their own product or its customers. We are no longer super important to you. That hasn't been for a very long time. As for this MMORPG project, you stopped caring a long time ago. Grats on your Cartel Market a.k.a life support system success. Sooner or later people get tired of it and move on.
Along-side of Treek we'll get CZ-198 Mission Area and 2 Flashpoints, role-neutral in SM which is quite new and was likely relatively tough to implent. Sure the more content we get the better, but it's not like all we get is a new companion, which would be a real slap in the face.

I'm personally quite excited to get more companions introduced. I liked a part of the HK-questline. The instanced parts were amazing, really fun and not too horrible if you have a lot of characters you wanted HK on. But the part where you had to search the planets was beyond horrible. Once the hype was gone you could spend hours and hours searching for the parts. I honestly didn't find it any fun when I helped a friend to get his a few weeks after HK was introduced and I'd never have done it for myself if I hadn't done it when everyone was looking for them the first days. It's much like a lot of other content they added. It's not a challange it's a mindless grind. (Such as Seeker Droid questline and the rewards included like Dreadseed armour.) And I'm really grateful Treek is not one of those horrible grinds, though I'd have loved a questline like the beginning and end of the HK-questline.

Surely legacy 40 and the credits are big grind aswell. Though for the Legacy level I'd like the argue that it seems to be a reward for dedication, which more or less goes hand-in-hand with Legacy (ofcourse certain aspects of the game offer more than others.) and the credits surely can be a grind for some people, how-ever you can decide how you want to acquire this. Let's face it, it either takes brains to get the 1 mil or a mind-less grind with dailies, it's possible for everyone! (Except f2p/preferred due to the creditcap.) Or grind real-life and pay a ridicilous amount for it.

AshlaBoga
08.04.2013 , 02:01 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Treek is a mercenary. 83% of mercenaries work for whoever pays them.
From game design perspective, she is designed to fill those missing tank/healer roles that many classes lack in early game (Agents and Smuggler for example, they get their healer companions awfully late in the game). So making her "easy" to get seems like a good and sensible choice.
83%?

What do the other 17% live off? Corpses?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

MichelvanMeerten
08.04.2013 , 03:21 PM | #113
So buy it with creds or rl cash. Wonderfull. I see where this is going. BW to lazy to make a decent questline so they cop out and do it this way.

No way am I buying this companion with credits or CC coins.

AussieAlan
08.05.2013 , 12:21 AM | #114
When will we see a proper guide for her, what is her primary stat?, what gifts does she like?, what side?, I am guessing aim, weapons, and light side choices.

Aries_cz
08.05.2013 , 06:27 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
83%?

What do the other 17% live off? Corpses?
The other 17% are willing to work for a cause, not just for the money.
83% mercenaries do not care what they do, as long as they get paid. The rest are more "choosy" and have some moral opinions.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Dallayna
08.05.2013 , 03:51 PM | #116
Actually, I'm glad to see that it's obtainable without having to find a way past the "Hardcore Raider's Only" requirement. I mean, not that I mind, after all there should be cool stuff that only crawling through FPs and OPs with 7 friends all of you decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months should get but as someone who can't do all of that the last few updates have been:
"Oh, hey, neat! They've got a new planet! that would be fun to go... oh... ok... guess I'm not good enough to get that, Oh well."
"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a cool new companion that you can get! that would be fun to... oh... ok.... guess I"m not good enough to get that. Oh well."
"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a completely different type of mission available with new toys! That would be fun to see what happens with those seeds/the Shroud!... oh... ok..."
Treek though? Hey I've been playing and I do have the credits and the Legacy Level as a result even if I don't have 7 friends at all who play this game- much less have all of us decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months.

So, actually? I will be honest. Price point aside, I'm looking forward to Treek and am going to be trying to get her tomorrow night because from what I understand? For once- just this once, I am good enough to get that!!!!

!

Pietrastor
08.05.2013 , 04:09 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
When will we see a proper guide for her, what is her primary stat?
Aim. Trooper wins again thehehe best set of companions

Xtreme-Nova
08.06.2013 , 09:30 AM | #118
I am sorry I was wanting one but now that I see that you have to be level 40 and drop 1 million credits for it is too darn high. I can use the 1 million credits for my guild that I made the other day. Plus why would I want to drop 2100 Cartel Coins when I can get other things for a cheaper price. I am sorry but if its on the Cartel Market it should only be at least 320 and at max 1200 Cartel Coins. I have been loyal to SWTOR even through the BS patch jobs that have screwed things up more than fixed them; but this has gone too far. Unless you put it to where its 320 to 1200 Cartel Coins, I won't be getting this and I will be letting my guild know not to waste their Cartel Coins on this. Great game by the way... Just fix the headless character on Tython LOL. Its the guy by the bridge that you talk to this old guy about this man and woman being in love.

MichelvanMeerten
08.06.2013 , 02:06 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Dallayna View Post
Actually, I'm glad to see that it's obtainable without having to find a way past the "Hardcore Raider's Only" requirement. I mean, not that I mind, after all there should be cool stuff that only crawling through FPs and OPs with 7 friends all of you decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months should get but as someone who can't do all of that the last few updates have been:
"Oh, hey, neat! They've got a new planet! that would be fun to go... oh... ok... guess I'm not good enough to get that, Oh well."
"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a cool new companion that you can get! that would be fun to... oh... ok.... guess I"m not good enough to get that. Oh well."
"Oh, hey, neat! they've got a completely different type of mission available with new toys! That would be fun to see what happens with those seeds/the Shroud!... oh... ok..."
Treek though? Hey I've been playing and I do have the credits and the Legacy Level as a result even if I don't have 7 friends at all who play this game- much less have all of us decked out in min/maxed gear that's been carefully gathered over the course of months.

So, actually? I will be honest. Price point aside, I'm looking forward to Treek and am going to be trying to get her tomorrow night because from what I understand? For once- just this once, I am good enough to get that!!!!

!
Fail comment seriously.
They did a cop out cause they were to lazy to create a questchain for it. Now its just pay cash/credits and get it.

Skodan
08.06.2013 , 03:13 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtreme-Nova View Post
I am sorry I was wanting one but now that I see that you have to be level 40 and drop 1 million credits for it is too darn high. I can use the 1 million credits for my guild that I made the other day. Plus why would I want to drop 2100 Cartel Coins when I can get other things for a cheaper price. I am sorry but if its on the Cartel Market it should only be at least 320 and at max 1200 Cartel Coins. I have been loyal to SWTOR even through the BS patch jobs that have screwed things up more than fixed them; but this has gone too far. Unless you put it to where its 320 to 1200 Cartel Coins, I won't be getting this and I will be letting my guild know not to waste their Cartel Coins on this. Great game by the way... Just fix the headless character on Tython LOL. Its the guy by the bridge that you talk to this old guy about this man and woman being in love.
thats your choice to not get it. I am actually happy they finlaly decided to implement something with a HIGH legacy level.

i am at legacy 47 so i will definitely be spending the 1mil to unlock treek and the 300k to get her on alts.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds