Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 11: Darth Traya vs. Darth Bane

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 11: Darth Traya vs. Darth Bane

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
08.01.2013 , 12:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
From a certain point of view.
Grr. I knew you were going to say that.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
08.01.2013 , 12:43 PM | #22
Alright. I'm going to be out for a while, so you guys have at it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darth_Omega's Avatar


Darth_Omega
08.01.2013 , 01:38 PM | #23
This is a tough battle. However, Traya has no way to fight bane using a lightsaber. Bane has shown time and time again that dual bladed or single bladed lightsabers have no effect against him. Soresu wouldn't be much of a help, as bane is well versed in it and could beat Zannah, who was a master of Soresu. I think bane could overpower Traya simply because of his physical strength (btw are we considering Traya has only one hand or both?)

Traya's shatterpoint certainly comes into question, but due to the unpredictable nature of Bane's form its unlikely that she could use it effectively against him (Does anyone know to what extent Traya mastered shatterpoint?)

If force drain is out of the question, then I'm not sure how Traya will win. Bane is very powerful, his lightning able to leave bodies as charred husks, and he has shown the ability to collapse entire buildings.

Honestly, Traya is powerful, but she is no combat expert compared to Bane. I doubt she would be able to escape engaging in a lightsaber duel, and even if she does, Bane is more than capable to use force attacks against her.
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
08.01.2013 , 01:59 PM | #24
I largly agree with omega on this one. I think it comes down the physical and combat capabilities of the 2. While Traya may be more powerful in the force and can use that to her advantage I do not believe bane will let it come to that and he is more then powerful enough to defend himself against force attacks and act in kind, she may hold him off for a bit but with his affinity for force speed and his general force power in general I think he is just powerful enough to close the gap and force a saber fight, one in which Traya will hold against but not long enough to truly make a difference my money is on Bane.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
08.01.2013 , 02:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Omega View Post
This is a tough battle. However, Traya has no way to fight bane using a lightsaber. Bane has shown time and time again that dual bladed or single bladed lightsabers have no effect against him. Soresu wouldn't be much of a help, as bane is well versed in it and could beat Zannah, who was a master of Soresu. I think bane could overpower Traya simply because of his physical strength (btw are we considering Traya has only one hand or both?)

Traya's shatterpoint certainly comes into question, but due to the unpredictable nature of Bane's form its unlikely that she could use it effectively against him (Does anyone know to what extent Traya mastered shatterpoint?)

If force drain is out of the question, then I'm not sure how Traya will win. Bane is very powerful, his lightning able to leave bodies as charred husks, and he has shown the ability to collapse entire buildings.

Honestly, Traya is powerful, but she is no combat expert compared to Bane. I doubt she would be able to escape engaging in a lightsaber duel, and even if she does, Bane is more than capable to use force attacks against her.
Force drain out of the question? Force drain is not out of the question. Force drain is very much on the cards.

Traya mastered shatterpoint to an exceptional degree, allowing her able to see 'fractures' in far reaching events. I expect she'll be able to pinpoint fractures in Bane's fighting style which would give her the opportunity she needs to break any lightsaber engagement she may get caught in.

It will also allow her to dampen any advantage Bane's unpredictable fighting style might present and she will able to quickly calculate the nature of his style and adjusting tactics accordingly.

That said I don't see Traya getting caught in a lightsaber engagement long enough to be disarmed or defeated, a well placed Force-based attack will break any such engagement.

And concerning Bane's Force powers, his Force lightning can be caught with a lightsaber, and his Force wave, while potent, is no match for Traya's wide range of esoteric abilities.

How will Bane fare against an opponent who can drain his Force energy, render herself invisible, heal herself from mortal injuries, perceive any and all his weaknesses and attack him with multiple lightsabers from all angles?

Badly.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
08.01.2013 , 02:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I largly agree with omega on this one. I think it comes down the physical and combat capabilities of the 2. While Traya may be more powerful in the force and can use that to her advantage I do not believe bane will let it come to that and he is more then powerful enough to defend himself against force attacks and act in kind, she may hold him off for a bit but with his affinity for force speed and his general force power in general I think he is just powerful enough to close the gap and force a saber fight, one in which Traya will hold against but not long enough to truly make a difference my money is on Bane.
Traya is by no means lacking in Force speed, and being lighter and more agile than Bane she can likely move much faster than him. I don't believe Bane to be the more powerful Force user, he was only able to sustain a Force drain when drawing on the dark side nexus on Prakith. Traya used this power without any aid to kill three Jedi masters. So do not assume that his Force lightning and telekinetic attacks are more potent. The opposite may in fact be true.

But any gap can be closed through Force drain. Literally taking his power and restoring her own.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
08.01.2013 , 02:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Traya is by no means lacking in Force speed, and being lighter and more agile than Bane she can likely move much faster than him. I don't believe Bane to be the more powerful Force user, he was only able to sustain a Force drain when drawing on the dark side nexus on Prakith. Traya used this power without any aid to kill three Jedi masters. So do not assume that his Force lightning and telekinetic attacks are more potent. The opposite may in fact be true.

But any gap can be closed through Force drain. Literally taking his power and restoring her own.
I never said he was more powerful she is very clearly more powerful I just do not believe the difference in their power is large enough to compensate for the difference in their physical and martial capabilities.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
08.01.2013 , 02:12 PM | #28
Quote:
Thoughts: I should probably make a general rule like 'no insta-kill/insta-win abilities' like Vitiate's mind control or Traya's Force Drain. This was one of the reasons Nihilus was excluded as he can insta-kill practically anything.
Yah, off the table
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
08.01.2013 , 02:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Yah, off the table
but not entirely just isn't going to be used to kill him it could still be used to drain him a little and slow him down a bit. or at least that's how I interpret it.

sell-dog's Avatar


sell-dog
08.01.2013 , 02:16 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Traya is by no means lacking in Force speed, and being lighter and more agile than Bane she can likely move much faster than him
I don't know much of Traya's Force Speed feats but I do know that at the beginning of the Dynasty of Evil Bane was practicing his saber skills through a downpour of rain and avoided all rain drops. Not necessarily saying Bane has the edge in Force Speed but that's pretty impressive to say the least.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"