Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do any of you remember The Church of BioWare Positivity?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do any of you remember The Church of BioWare Positivity?

TheBBP
08.01.2013 , 03:34 AM | #1
I was reminded of it tonight and it made me smile. We has some fun times with it on the old forums. I tried to find the old initial post introducing it, but I could only find the wiki link.

Do any of you remember this? If so... is that good or bad?
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

TheBBP
08.01.2013 , 03:36 AM | #2
I found the original message over on DH forums...

Fray-yends, relatives and BioWare fans from around the world, welcome to the Church of BioWare Positivity.

Praise Muzyka and Zeschuk, who will be known as Muzchuk from here after, that we can all gather in the name of their works.

This church is founded on the belief that BioWare can do NO wrong. The Lords Muzchuk have sent before us many quality gaming experiences. They surely will continue their fine tradition of unparalleled greatness.

Any who desire to bask in the light that is BIOWARE POSITIVITY is welcome to do so. We do not discriminate by race, creed, color or noobness for we can all be equally positive!

Should your light dim or dare almost become extinguished please understand that BioWare Positivity will always overcome any darkness.

REMEMBER! The light of BioWare Positivity will keep you through the darkness... or at least until thy Release Date is revealed!

Please do NOT forget to honor the now-gone Prophet Dahlberg.

Please do not let us forget Holy Fridays and the Friday Vogel.

Our Vogel, who art in Texas,
Hallowed by thy game.
Thy servers come,
Thy will be done,
In Austin as it is in Edmonton.

Give us this day our Friday update,
And forgive us our troll-posts,
As we forgive those who troll against us,
And lead us not into development hell,
But deliver us from WoW.

For thine is the GD, OT and CC forums, for ever and ever.

Amen.

When the light gets dim and the darkness seems like it may prevail, do not hesitate to witness the CGs From on High so that your light may be replenished.

Brothers and Sisters of the Church of BioWare Positivity, tonight's sermon is about doubt. Now I know we've all had doubts, at some time or another. But Brothers and Sisters, the doubts you have are of evil intent, thoughts sent to you from the anti-seans and their heathens. The seeds of deceit, the shadows they create, are NOT, I say NOT, the will of Muzchuk.

When they say "Thy animations are too cartoony" you say "NAY, for it is the will of Muzchuk!"
When they say "Shall we rid of the Fan Fridays" you say "NAY, for it is the will of Muzchuk!"
When they say "Have you thoughts of the release date" you shall say "NAY, for it is the will of Muzchuk!"

These, my brothers and sisters, are temptations of the Anti-BeeDubs. But fear not! For Muzchuk's holy beacon of BioWare shall radiate down and reveal all when the time is right.

For I say unto you, did not Muzchuk give you the Bounty Hunter's flamethrower of righteousness!? Did not Muzchuck show you the CG from On High!? Did not Muzchuck reveal the planets, and the trooper, and the Dev Blog!?

Praise the Community Managers and their updates! Praise the Donna and her cats of ever-loling! Praise the Yellow Word, as it is the word of the Prophets! Praise Muzchuk!

But most of all, praise your brothers and sisters. Yes, in dire times such as the the hour of torment (also known as 3pm EST), your fellow members of the Church can help you see the light. They will remind you of the greatness of Muzchuk. They will remind you of the Yellow Words, and their infallibility. They will tell you of their doubts, and how they were washed away by the Almighty Muzchuk. And sometimes, they even bring cookies.

So for tonight, I ask that when you have your doubts, look to your brothers and sisters for guidance. For they have seen the light, and they will bring you back, to the warmth and glow of the Yellow Words.

Praise Muzchuk! Amen.
Ebon Hawk

TheBBP
08.01.2013 , 03:37 AM | #3
the ten commandments of the church of bioware positivity

i i shall believe in bioware no matter what the content of the friday update

ii- i shall believe in bioware no matter the lack of release date

iii- i shall believe that all game play and story decisions are in the best interests of the congregation

iv- i shall hope for a major announcement, but be gracious on fan fridays

v- i shall talk about bioware in a positive light at all times

vi- i shall not underestimate the decisions of those with authority

vii i shall not covet the game mechanics, economy, or graphics from other games

viii- i shall not hold any other game above the old republic

ix- i shall honor thy fridays and keep them holy

x- i will do my best not to anger they who type in yellow

Ebon Hawk

Darth_Moonshadow
08.01.2013 , 03:39 AM | #4
Somehow, I think if Jurgens entered this thread, he would burst into flames, metaphorically and possibly quite literally.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

TheBBP
08.01.2013 , 03:45 AM | #5
Brothers and Sisters, we have had our doors closed for a time too long. It is time to once again re-open these proud doors and reign in our flock. I , TheBBP, acting as the Self-Ordained Reverend of the Church of BioWare Positivity am here to welcome you all.

Now, can we get a little church up in here?

As the original flock and leadership have scattered to the four winds, we now are accepting self-nominations for these positions.

The Church of BioWare Positivity

Reverend: BigBaldPapa

Associate Pastors:
AphoticCosmos
JediMasterLepras
Meesh
GamerTom
Veeko

Youth Pastor:
MrJeeves

PVE Counselor: AubinMagnus
PVP Counselor: Meriak
Roleplay Counselor: Reapyr
PC vs Mac Counselor: Bill Gates

Church Organist/Holy Friday Brownie Maker:
Elmyst

Band Members:
Century
JediMasterLepras
AphoticCosmos

The Choir:
Anny
Yunie

Ushers:

SkyBrod
Yunie
Anny
Century
Usher

Janitor: Soledad

Sobchak:

Sobchak
Ebon Hawk

Darth_Moonshadow
08.01.2013 , 03:47 AM | #6
I'll take Roleplay Counselor.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

TheBBP
08.01.2013 , 03:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Somehow, I think if Jurgens entered this thread, he would burst into flames, metaphorically and possibly quite literally.
If anyone takes this stuff seriously on any level....

I have no words.
Ebon Hawk

Alavastre
08.01.2013 , 06:11 AM | #8
Oh man. I need to join.
I could seriously use the Bioware Church of Positivity right now.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Beansoup
08.01.2013 , 06:29 AM | #9
I think Andryah should apply in the position of Church Lady.
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

Trenter
08.01.2013 , 07:18 AM | #10
Hah! Definitely remember this and there are some names there I haven't seen in a long time.

Also, gotta love the mention of Krakken's epic BBY post in that Wiki!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson