Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emotes and greetings etc

Srengam
07.30.2013 , 09:14 AM | #1
Hi all,

How do I use emotes?

For example, how do I spit on somebody I've just killed in pvp?

Or how would I bow for somebody on the fleet etc?

Thanks.

Never_Hesitate
07.30.2013 , 09:16 AM | #2
Emote List

I hope most of your questions will be answered by reading this thread

(some emotes are restricted and have to be obtained through the cartel market first, but they're not on the list in the first post)

To use an emote on somebody (for example: [Your name] spits on [PlayerX]) you have to target them and then write /spit or whatever command you want into the chat
waiting for ...

Srengam
07.30.2013 , 09:20 AM | #3
Thanks,

I didn't think it would be so easy tbh.

Thanks again.

PLynkes
07.30.2013 , 10:56 AM | #4
As well as typing them there is a drop-down menu in the top corner of the chat window (which helps if you can't remember which ones there are).

Legolose
07.30.2013 , 12:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Srengam View Post
Hi all,

How do I use emotes?

For example, how do I spit on somebody I've just killed in pvp?

Or how would I bow for somebody on the fleet etc?

Thanks.
Normaly it you would have to click on the person then type in the chat window /spit or /bow just start the the emote you want with / but I wouldn't suggest to "spit" on anyone that is pretty rude even for the warzone...

Never_Hesitate
07.31.2013 , 12:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Legolose View Post
Normaly it you would have to click on the person then type in the chat window /spit or /bow just start the the emote you want with / but I wouldn't suggest to "spit" on anyone that is pretty rude even for the warzone...
I do only spit on mission objective stealers
waiting for ...

AlrikFassbauer
07.31.2013 , 04:33 AM | #7
A while ago, I had proposed making Emotes able to be drawn onto the quick access bar ... Never got many responses, though ...
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Never_Hesitate
07.31.2013 , 04:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
A while ago, I had proposed making Emotes able to be drawn onto the quick access bar ... Never got many responses, though ...
Because it's something completely unnecessary, when you know how easy it is to use an emote in swtor (protip: when you're in the chat, you can get the things you've written by using the arrow keys, up and down)
waiting for ...

AlrikFassbauer
07.31.2013 , 01:45 PM | #9
I do know, but I'm not in the chat window all of the time.

Is there a key combination to easily "hop out" of the chat window ? Because I'm missing that.

Besides, my point is that the Companion Dance can be dragged into the bar as well - which i find quite unneccessary, on the other side, because it's just waaay too short. It's in fact an Emote to me.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.