Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icebergy
07.31.2013 , 11:46 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Already answered. They should shut the f...ront door and give us more 2.3's and RotHC's. More flash points. More ops. More war zones. More quests. More daily areas.

Less talking. Less "gifts". More content.
That is not subscriber appreciation, that is what we are paying them for. "Hey guys to show how much we appreciate you as customers we are going to do what you are paying us to do" does not compute.

I firmly believe they are trying their best with what they have. If I did not believe that, I would unsubscribe.

Now if you want to argue that their best isn't good enough and/or who's fault that is, that is a completely different discussion.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

DarthTHC
07.31.2013 , 12:07 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
That is not subscriber appreciation, that is what we are paying them for. "Hey guys to show how much we appreciate you as customers we are going to do what you are paying us to do" does not compute.

I firmly believe they are trying their best with what they have. If I did not believe that, I would unsubscribe.

Now if you want to argue that their best isn't good enough and/or who's fault that is, that is a completely different discussion.
It computes perfectly for me.

It's way better than what they did, which is "Hey guys to show you how much we appreciate you as customers we're going to give you something completely unrelated to why you pay us."

I can't for a second believe that a "gift" that requires zero thought and minimal effort (cartel coins) is anywhere approaching the best they can do. It's far closer to the weakest than it is the best.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Icebergy
07.31.2013 , 12:14 PM | #83
It computes perfectly for me.
No it doesn't, because you aren't arguing that you don't feel valued, you are making the argument that you don't feel you get your money's worth. It is a valid opinion, but it doesn't really belong in a discussion about subscriber appreciation events.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

DarthTHC
07.31.2013 , 12:17 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
No it doesn't, because you aren't arguing that you don't feel valued, you are making the argument that you don't feel you get your money's worth. It is a valid opinion, but it doesn't really belong in a discussion about subscriber appreciation events.
I never argued that I don't get my money's worth.

I argued that an extra pile of cartel coins don't make me feel valued, but that more stuff aligned with why I and everyone else subscribes would make me feel valued.

How can you not understand that from my posts?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

ikinai
07.31.2013 , 01:35 PM | #85
I never argued that I don't get my money's worth.

I argued that an extra pile of cartel coins don't make me feel valued, but that more stuff aligned with why I and everyone else subscribes would make me feel valued.

How can you not understand that from my posts?
I feel valued as a customer already. You not feeling valued is your problem to solve, not Biowares.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

DarthTHC
07.31.2013 , 01:37 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
I feel valued as a customer already. You not feeling valued is your problem to solve, not Biowares.
I never said I didn't feel like a valued customer.

What I said was that a gift that BWEA said was designed to make me feel valued did not, in fact, make me feel valued. Didn't even come close. Actually made me ridicule them for lack of critical thought and effort.

ikinai
07.31.2013 , 01:39 PM | #87
I never said I didn't feel like a valued customer.

What I said was that a gift that BWEA said was designed to make me feel valued did not, in fact, make me feel valued. Didn't even come close. Actually made me ridicule them for lack of critical thought and effort.
And all that is your issue, not Biowares. You feel that way, that is something you will have to come to grips with.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?

DarthTHC
07.31.2013 , 01:44 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
And all that is your issue, not Biowares. You feel that way, that is something you will have to come to grips with.
No, really, it's their issue. They are the ones that set the expectation that the gift would make me feel appreciated.

They could have said nothing and given nothing and nothing would have happened.

They could have said something "lighter" than the hype they touted ("We'll give you a a token of appreciation...") and given cartel coins and they would have met the expectation that they set.

You might notice they've been incredibly silent about the end-of-July subscriber appreciation gift since receiving feedback on the beginning-of-July gift. That seems to be the topic of this thread.

Could it be that they've learned the lesson that setting the expectation that a gift is going to make subscribers feel appreciated, then coming through with a gift that requires zero thought and minimal effort while at the same time being at best tangentially related to subscribers' reason for subscribing is a very bad idea?

The things that make you go, "Hmm...."

Grayseven
07.31.2013 , 01:46 PM | #89
I can't say I feel appreciated, and I don't really care to be appreciated. All I really want to the ability to get cool looking stuff from in game activities that look just as good as the CC bought stuff.

I'd appreciate more stuff that REQUIRES in game activities and couldn't be purchased. Not as a status symbol, but just as a nod to the fact that there exists players who feel earning something through actions is better than buying them with cash.

If as much effort (as well as variety) were put into in game earned items as is put into CM items I'm pretty sure most subscribers would appreciate the heck out of that.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

ikinai
07.31.2013 , 01:49 PM | #90
No, really, it's their issue. They are the ones that set the expectation that the gift would make me feel appreciated.

They could have said nothing and given nothing and nothing would have happened.

They could have said something "lighter" than the hype they touted ("We'll give you a a token of appreciation...") and given cartel coins and they would have met the expectation that they set.

You might notice they've been incredibly silent about the end-of-July subscriber appreciation gift since receiving feedback on the beginning-of-July gift. That seems to be the topic of this thread.

Could it be that they've learned the lesson that setting the expectation that a gift is going to make subscribers feel appreciated, then coming through with a gift that requires zero thought and minimal effort while at the same time being at best tangentially related to subscribers' reason for subscribing is a very bad idea?

The things that make you go, "Hmm...."
They don't make me go Hmmm, cause it's just a video game.