Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

evodude's Avatar


evodude
07.30.2013 , 05:56 PM | #51
any gift of anyone no matter how small or how large or how you view it, is worth a smile

keep on smiling ppl keep on smiling

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
07.30.2013 , 06:25 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorAndy View Post
My guess would be that since many of the vocal minority on the forums were up in arms about cartel coins not being a good enough gift for them, BW decided not to give us anything ever again. Ever.
This is probably true, and I wouldn't blame them in the slightest for it.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Hestis's Avatar


Hestis
07.30.2013 , 06:28 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
.
That is standard "customer appreciation". Explain to me what level of customer service that you have experienced elsewhere where hundreds of thousands of people that were given something so awesome that it set your standard to where a month's worth of CC coins being free is not enough.
How about the many other MMOs that have loyalty or veteran rewards programs that give things like pets, titles, storage, character slots, powers, decorative items, respecs, in-game discounts, and more?

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
07.30.2013 , 06:30 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
And that others are happy to bend over and take their "medicine" raw regardless the pain and then praise the great makers afterwards for administering it.

Sadly, there's no middle ground in which rational discourse can occur, is there?
I fail to see how saying "thanks for the free $5" amounts to "bending over and taking their 'medicine'".

Its a free $5.

A free $5.

Free $5.

Free.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

stockmks's Avatar


stockmks
07.30.2013 , 06:55 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorAndy View Post
My guess would be that since many of the vocal minority on the forums were up in arms about cartel coins not being a good enough gift for them, BW decided not to give us anything ever
I think before slamming people for their views on the validity of the gift.. Backing up a bit, regardless of how some people want to change other people's mind.. Some people did not feel "appreciated" by the gift..

Bioware hyped this up themselves... It's all about creating expectations. If what was said was 'we are giving you additional credit, or a partial refund via cartel coins' there would not be an issue. They picked a word that had heavy intent which created expectations. And the only way people actually get disappointed is when an expectation isn't met..

Because they were told they would be people expected to be appreciated, And measured to their own standards game currency didn't measure up.

... It's a very corporate way of doing things.. Typically stuff like that is how a company appreciates its employees. There's a line in a cartel store growth model prediction accounting for lack of revenue from subscriber appreciation efforts probably

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
07.30.2013 , 06:57 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
My apologies friend.
I assumed you were familiar enough with my position on this. And we know what they say about assuming.



Quote: Originally Posted by stockmks View Post
I think before slamming people for their views on the validity of the gift.. Backing up a bit, regardless of how some people want to change other people's mind.. Some people did not feel "appreciated" by the gift.
That's their problem for assuming. See what I just wrote about my own erroneous assumption?

Quote:
Bioware hyped this up themselves... It's all about creating expectations. If what was said was 'we are giving you additional credit, or a partial refund via cartel coins' there would not be an issue. They picked a word that had heavy intent which created expectations. And the only way people actually get disappointed is when an expectation isn't met.
BWEA didn't create unrealistic expectations, some people did that to themselves.

Quote:
Because they were told they would be people expected to be appreciated, And measured to their own standards game currency didn't measure up.
So clue us in. What would have made everyone happy? Some lame title? A speeder? A pet? Some other bit of cosmetic "fluff" that a few would like but others would view as worse than useless? Maybe they should have offered a selection of 500,000 different items.

No matter what it had been, the complainers would have complained just as hard or harder.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
07.30.2013 , 06:57 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Hestis View Post
How about the many other MMOs that have loyalty or veteran rewards programs that give things like pets, titles, storage, character slots, powers, decorative items, respecs, in-game discounts, and more?
500CC could have gotten you most of those items that you listed.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
07.30.2013 , 07:03 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by stockmks View Post
Bioware hyped this up themselves...
No, they didn't. Players did. You were never told what to expect.

Think of it this way. Say your order pizza and have it delivered. In your appreciation for a prompt delivery of a fresh pizza, you tip the driver a few bucks. After doing so he turns to you and yells "ERMHAHGERD YER SLERPED MER IN MER FERCE! AR DERSERV MOAR!".

That is pretty much what is going on here. They never said that they were going to grant you the best gift in the history of gifts or anything of the sort. They told you that there were going to give you something because they appreciate you.

Tell me where you get more for customer appreciation other than an opportunity to return to do business with them at a later time.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
07.30.2013 , 07:06 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
I assumed you were familiar enough with my position on this. And we know what they say about assuming.

I have no excuse. I simply and regrettably jumped the gun on that one.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

stockmks's Avatar


stockmks
07.30.2013 , 07:19 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
No, they didn't. Players did. You were never told what to expect.

Think of it this way. Say your order pizza and have it delivered. In your appreciation for a prompt delivery of a fresh pizza, you tip the driver a few bucks. After doing so he turns to you and yells "ERMHAHGERD YER SLERPED MER IN MER FERCE! AR DERSERV MOAR!".

That is pretty much what is going on here. They never said that they were going to grant you the best gift in the history of gifts or anything of the sort. They told you that there were going to give you something because they appreciate you.

Tell me where you get more for customer appreciation other than an opportunity to return to do business with them at a later time.
What you may be missing here.. (alongside quoting the rest of my post which didn't seem to hold to your point) is that in many people's social environments, 'appreciating' someone for whatever reason amounts to more than a tip or a voucher.

So people went and appreciated someone themselves, or were previously appreciated by others, and ultimately experienced something deeper than a gift card. This created a calibration for what the actual idea of appreciation means, and when measuring biowares gesture to appreciate subscribers.. it came up as short.

To your argument, maybe consider it a standards thing in relation to the idea of 'appreciation'.