Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Callaron
07.30.2013 , 08:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stockmks View Post
Nice one. Wonder what it could be!!
He probably just mispoke and meant June.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

MillionsKNives
07.30.2013 , 08:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorAndy View Post
I believe this is correct. I remember a quote from pre-summer of SWTOR, to the effect of there being a second subscriber appreciation gift towards the end of summer.

Strictly speaking, the Revan title wasn't subscriber only.

My guess would be that since many of the vocal minority on the forums were up in arms about cartel coins not being a good enough gift for them, BW decided not to give us anything ever again. Ever.

I'll browse the forums to see if I can find that original quote as well.

EDIT :

Found the quote from the live stream event on TORWARS:

Source: http://torwars.com/2013/07/01/swtor-...ation-details/
Nope, it was one subscriber gift, and another special thingy later in the month. 500CC was the sub gift, the title was the special thingy.

It makes absolutely no sense to give two gifts within a month. Why wouldn't they just give them both at once.

Sammennn
07.30.2013 , 08:05 AM | #13
Near the end of July? Well they have two days left then
Thetopdog shall live on
i am a nobody and i shall remain a nobody

branmakmuffin
07.30.2013 , 08:19 AM | #14
I believe this is correct. I remember a quote from pre-summer of SWTOR, to the effect of there being a second subscriber appreciation gift towards the end of summer.

Strictly speaking, the Revan title wasn't subscriber only.
Even loosely speaking, the title had nothing to do with being a subscriber.

Quote:
My guess would be that since many of the vocal minority on the forums were up in arms about cartel coins not being a good enough gift for them, BW decided not to give us anything ever again. Ever.
Darn those whiners!

Andryah
07.30.2013 , 08:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
That said, I am not very hopeful there will be a second subscriber appreciation as many believe there will be.
Considering the general complaining and lack of appreciation expressed on the forums by many (not all) players....why should they really? Why reinforce and reward bad behavior?

Inb4 someone says....coins was lazy on their part.... because frankly, all appreciation gifts given to members since launch have been complained about and treated with snears and demands.

TL;DR there is no single gift that would make all 500K subs happy.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

GatorAndy
07.30.2013 , 08:47 AM | #16
It's like the owner of a restaurant I frequent telling me, "hey, you come here a lot and I appreciate your business, here's a gift card to use on a future purchase." and then me spitting in his face telling him he should do something better than that to show his appreciation. You know how many appreciation gifts I will receive in the future? Zero.

branmakmuffin
07.30.2013 , 09:13 AM | #17
It's like the owner of a restaurant I frequent telling me, "hey, you come here a lot and I appreciate your business, here's a gift card to use on a future purchase." and then me spitting in his face telling him he should do something better than that to show his appreciation.
Well, of course. He slapped your face, so you are merely responding in kind.

TheBBP
07.30.2013 , 09:18 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sammennn View Post
Near the end of July? Well they have two days left then
Near the end of July could also mean the beginning of August since it is technically near the end of July.

Sammennn
07.30.2013 , 09:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Near the end of July could also mean the beginning of August since it is technically near the end of July.
July is over at 1st of August. Don't know how you americans count the monthly system but here in Europe we consider 1st of August; beginning of August, not the end of July.
Thetopdog shall live on
i am a nobody and i shall remain a nobody

DarthTHC
07.30.2013 , 10:02 AM | #20
I don't think the Revan's Heir title was the end of July subscriber appreciation. You didn't need to be a subscriber to get it. It was made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of KOTOR.

At the same time, I am intrigued that they've all but stopped talking about the end of July subscriber appreciation. It is as if they learned a lesson that, while 500 extra CC's is nice, it's not hype-worthy and they've as a result stopped hyping.