Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LaynaTan
08.01.2013 , 01:59 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
*sighs*
Ok, Eric, I certainly don't blame you, so: acrtually, thank you for the bravery of being the one who gave out the news.
While I don't know where and how the difficulties suddenly arose in getting 500 CC to every subscriber, I hope your higher-ups know that this is really disappointing.
I know a whole lot of people complained, but that's the nature of a) people and b) forums, and I really really really hope that whoever is in charge of these things does realise that.
But I also think that in this case now, people are RIGHT to be disappointed: not getting the exact gift you expected is one thing. Having been told you'd get something and then have that promise just pulled back is... well, if it is in a personal relationship it would actually be hurtful, as it is, it is just really really disappointing and might pull a LOT of faith from the community.

Just my 2 cents... perhaps you'll earn my faith back somehow, but for now, it's seriously gone.
I have fun with the game, yes... but it just slipped higher up the list of things I might just drop in favour of something else.

idnewton
08.01.2013 , 02:44 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by stockmks View Post
... Thinking about it further.. I can't believe bioware actually chose the 'lets say nothing and hope they'll forget about it' approach. The fact that this was even in scope for bioware, well, at least could explain why there are so many bugs in the game.
That, or they're currently working on something else and hoped we'd forget until they finished their replacement idea. Wishful thinking perhaps.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Kespar
08.01.2013 , 03:14 AM | #123
Personally I would rather the content team work on, well, you know, CONTENT rather than appeasing people who complain about things so insignificant in the grand scheme of the game that most of the player base didn't even notice.

Subscriber appreciation? Fine ill take it, but I don't care enough to come on the forum, throw all of my manners out of the window and act like a spoilt child who didn't get all of the Christmas presents he expected.

Keep up the main game content, development and open communication with us Bioware, and I am happy as a pig in you know what.

weejohnathon
08.01.2013 , 05:21 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Kespar View Post
Personally I would rather the content team work on, well, you know, CONTENT rather than appeasing people who complain about things so insignificant in the grand scheme of the game that most of the player base didn't even notice.

Subscriber appreciation? Fine ill take it, but I don't care enough to come on the forum, throw all of my manners out of the window and act like a spoilt child who didn't get all of the Christmas presents he expected.

Keep up the main game content, development and open communication with us Bioware, and I am happy as a pig in you know what.
This makes no sense as I believe this whole issue arrived when Bioware released a patch that had NO game content only stuff for the Cartel Market. That's why theres the whole Subscriber thing going on. In the "grand scheme" of things I agree with the people who complained about that patch as had they not we more than likely would have seen patches solely for the cartel market quite often.

DarthBrundleFLY
08.01.2013 , 05:23 AM | #125
The Swtor dev's (if there are any left) need to go spend sometime at ArenaNet to see how those guys do things for their game and community. No subscription and a store with half of what Swtor has and yet they pump out content for their player base every 2 weeks.

Holidays or something like April fools day...(laughably we got the opportunity to purchase our xmas fun off the Cartel Market...whose bright idea was that?) Guild Wars 2 players get events and mini games that rewarded their players with fun items. They put on their forums what looked like a joke for April Fools but wait, not only was it a cool joke on the forums but they again had great content in game for real.

Halloween is another great event in Guild Wars 2...I mean the Rakghoul plague would be awesome for Halloween for our game.

Really other games do a much better job at looking after their player base than this one...I am all for them making money but the line has to be drawn somewhere...

Oh an ArenaNet are a lot more open as to what is upcoming with there game in the future...not all this cloak and dagger crap that EA/Bioware spins us with phrases like...." we can't tell you anything at the moment but believe me your going to love it...it's awesome".

MrJurgens
08.01.2013 , 05:40 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBrundleFLY View Post
The Swtor dev's (if there are any left) need to go spend sometime at ArenaNet to see how those guys do things for their game and community. No subscription and a store with half of what Swtor has and yet they pump out content for their player base every 2 weeks.

Holidays or something like April fools day...(laughably we got the opportunity to purchase our xmas fun off the Cartel Market...whose bright idea was that?) Guild Wars 2 players get events and mini games that rewarded their players with fun items. They put on their forums what looked like a joke for April Fools but wait, not only was it a cool joke on the forums but they again had great content in game for real.

Halloween is another great event in Guild Wars 2...I mean the Rakghoul plague would be awesome for Halloween for our game.

Really other games do a much better job at looking after their player base than this one...I am all for them making money but the line has to be drawn somewhere...

Oh an ArenaNet are a lot more open as to what is upcoming with there game in the future...not all this cloak and dagger crap that EA/Bioware spins us with phrases like...." we can't tell you anything at the moment but believe me your going to love it...it's awesome".
I love this post.

DarthTHC
08.01.2013 , 06:46 AM | #127
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
So the backwards good news in this is that the gift was almost certainly not Cartel Coins. They don't seem to have technical challenges dumping extra cartel coins into peoples' accounts.

This actually improves my opinion of the development team. Even though they failed due to "technical hurdles", at least this time around they put some thought and effort into whatever it would have been, which indicates some level of actual appreciation.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

OwenBrooks
08.01.2013 , 06:53 AM | #128
I'm betting it is 25 free fireworks woot ....

GatorAndy
08.01.2013 , 07:01 AM | #129
Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Since there were technical difficulties, perhaps this was to be some sort of ongoing subscriber rewards system? I know this will probably just make people jump on all sorts of conclusions, but it's possible at least, yes?

jankiel
08.01.2013 , 07:04 AM | #130
Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Got to love these guys

"Really, we wanted but we can't so sorry. We won't tell you what it was... but please stay subbed while we think about something new, maybe we will give it to you. Or maybe not"

This is a classical CE vendor syndrome
Coris of The Progenitor