Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

znihilist
07.31.2013 , 04:59 PM | #101
*sit on couch and grabs popcorn*

/watch

Hestis
07.31.2013 , 05:01 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Hey Eric,

So does this mean the original plan has been completely scrapped and you're looking for something different, or that the technical issues are still being worked on?

idnewton
07.31.2013 , 05:12 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
And if they just threw us another package of Coins, people would still complain. Seriously, BW cannot win with some people here
It's about how they handle it. If they said "Yes, we haven't forgotten about the second subscriber appreciation! We're giving every sub 500 more CC!" people would complain. But if they said "We did have something extra planned at the end of the month, but we ran into some technical difficulties we were unable to overcome. We'll be giving subscribers another 500 CC and will be looking for additional was to show appreciation to subscribers"

They're pretty much the same thing, but one shows a lot more thought put into it. So no, I do not believe that more coins would have made people complain if they had approached it right. But at the end of the day, anything is better than nothing, and nothing is what we got. A promise of subscriber apprecation just puts us back at square one.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +28,000

Gullesvupper
07.31.2013 , 05:13 PM | #104
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Soo... What was it?

Is it still the same thing planned, but you're working on the tech? Or is it just scrapped now? Is it something other than Cartel Coins?

Sorry, but the vagueness of your post kinda makes it seem like there weren't anything planned, and this is just a way to salvage the situation. I don't believe that myself, but the post does seem really vague. Just a hint that there might be something some day in the future..
Bioware insulted Sorcs and Vanguards only because of bad questions

Regards,
Juggs, Marauders and Snipers.

branmakmuffin
07.31.2013 , 05:14 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
So you're willing to overlook shoddy practice because it's a video game (that we all pay monthly for btw), but when someone isn't it bothers you enough to call them out on the forums? Huh. . .
To echo ikinai's own post, yes, I am willing to overlook what you consider shoddy business practices because it is just a computer game.

If you feel so shabbily treated, why do you subscribe?

DeviantewoK
07.31.2013 , 05:40 PM | #106
I'd take a free transfer

glad that they were at least planning something, hope the technical issues get worked out of whatever they do instead is cool.

Vistaer
07.31.2013 , 06:18 PM | #107
Cartel coins just add a monetary value to me being a subscriber, and only for being one at the time the CCs were given out. I'd prefer a system that not only rewards being a subscriber right now, but for having been a subscriber for a long time, and for continuing to be one. As a result I'd love to see the long-term plan be a veteran rewards program related to subscriptions.

TheBBP
07.31.2013 , 06:28 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
The good news is that they had planned something better than Cartel Coins again.

Bad news is they failed hard and couldn't even do the CC again.

Fail
Why on God's Green Creation would they want to give out more of something that people are STILL crying about?
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Pietrastor
07.31.2013 , 06:38 PM | #109
Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Well... I'll glady take another 500 coins so you work on fixing technical issues on whatever you were working on while we get another 500 coins k?

CmdrShpd
07.31.2013 , 06:46 PM | #110
I personally enjoyed getting 500 cartel coins for free. It wasn't the highlight of my month, but I hadn't expected it to be. *shrug*