Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Electronet and Force Barrier...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Electronet and Force Barrier...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxmob
07.30.2013 , 03:58 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Imagine my surprise when my CC breaker did not break it but went on cooldown.
you mean like throwing a cryo grenade on someone with full resolve? tragic man. tragic.

btw: the breaker did break something. just not everything.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Ansalem
07.30.2013 , 04:31 PM | #52
Obviously BW has it out for sorcs/sages making them vulnerable to one of the weakest pvp advanced classes in game! How dare BW insult the sorc/sage community by making them vulnerable to a merc of all things *spit* ewww! lol get over it man its working as intended all you are doing now is crying over spilt milk. Try making an arsenal merc and pvping bro then you can tell me how much BW hates sorcs/sages.

Eitetsu
07.30.2013 , 05:02 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
If they do change the tool tip to indicate that Electro Net can do this, they will have to change it from a CC to specific attack ability with secondary affects.

I cannot believe they intended Electro Net to be the ultimate CC that nothing can break it. And before you say, use your CC breaker on it, I did and it did not break it.
Electronet is not a stun, nor is it CC. It is already as you say, and as has been explained by the offical response: an attack with secondary effects. Lots of attacks do similar: they knock you down, they slow your movement speed, etc. You can still move and attack while having electronet on you, therefore it is not CC or "control."

Again. Reading and understanding abilities of other classes is pro. Everything is working as it should. Electronet is a one of a kind ability, and interacts with force barrier in a unique way as such. Get over it.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; WeiŖreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

midianlord
07.30.2013 , 07:34 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Eitetsu View Post
Lol. Read the tooltip on electronet. Players can't use "escape" abilities. Force Barrier effectively removes you from combat. Therefore, you can't use it.

Reading is pro.
/Thread.

Signed, a merc.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Devilk
07.30.2013 , 09:18 PM | #55
No other class in the game gets a SECOND cc breaker while being able to receive full healing during 10 seconds of invincibility, quit your whining.

Gyronamics
07.30.2013 , 10:00 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
you mean like throwing a cryo grenade on someone with full resolve? tragic man. tragic.
Terrible, terrible.

Like firing an Enet at someone who bubbles/pops shroud just as you do that and it gets resisted.

Sorcs antirapebubble is hugely powerful in cheesing many many abilities or frankly ignoring a huge focus damage attack from other classes and is a second CC breaker.

The existence of one really long CD ability which can block it must be heartbreaking.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Aramyth
07.30.2013 , 11:07 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Obviously BW has it out for sorcs/sages making them vulnerable to one of the weakest pvp advanced classes in game! How dare BW insult the sorc/sage community by making them vulnerable to a merc of all things *spit* ewww!
Thanks for this. rofl

DarthDak
07.31.2013 , 12:49 AM | #58
Ignoring the bickering (really, people - you are better than that, aren't you?) there seems to be the potential issue of Force Barrier actually going on cooldown in addition to being blocked. The design (according to the yellow post) is that it should be blocked entirely from use, and thus not also going on cooldown.

Has this been confirmed, either way?

stan_stilpleeze
07.31.2013 , 03:30 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidDemaree View Post
This works precisely as designed. The Hindered effect is not considered a controlling effect. Controlling effects are considered to be effects that cause you to lose control of your character's ability to move - things like Stun, Blind, Immobilize, and Slow. When Electro Net is used on you, notice that Slowed and Hindered are separate effects. You can use Force Barrier while Slowed, but not while Hindered. The Hindered effect allows you to maintain control of your character while active, but it specifically prevents you from using certain escapes such as the ones already listed in Electro Net's tooltip and Force Barrier.

Force Barrier is considered both a defensive cooldown and an escape, since it allows you to completely escape taking damage while it is channeled. If you are Hindered, and find yourself in a situation where you would like to use Force Barrier, then you may use Unbreakable Will/Force of Will to remove the Hindered effect. Then you can activate Force Barrier. Again, I apologize for the poor tooltip descriptions in this regard, as Unbreakable Will/Force of Will tooltips do not state that they remove Hindered (but they do).
While I understand the intent to make Hindered a separate effect from Slowed and other controlling effects (though there is still the begged question of why Hindered isn't a Controlling effect), it seems to still conflict with the tool tip of Force Barrier.

(Emphasis added)
Quote:
Projects a Force Barrier around you, granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled. This ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled.
What kind of effect is Hindered considered? Is it a positive or neutral effect? Or perhaps I should be asking: what is a negative effect?' If Hindered is not considered a negative effect, what is it considered? Perhaps (and I don't mean to sound flippant) these terms could be more precisely defined so confusion isn't created in the future.

Never_Hesitate
07.31.2013 , 03:37 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Inflicktion View Post
So basically you're mad because they aren't as unbelievably OP as they were prior to 1.2? LOL! Sorc/ Sage is still by far the easiest class to play for max return.
lol, unbeliable op because of a self stun, how could that even happen?
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian