Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is a Primordial Device?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is a Primordial Device?

Yndras
07.29.2013 , 08:50 PM | #1
And what is it used for?

I found the object at the bottom of a waterfall in Makeb, and cannot use it. When I did a search on it nothing came up in google.

Is it a crafting resource?

It is located at -3091,-243
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Dawginole
07.29.2013 , 11:07 PM | #2
It definitely wasn't a primordial artifact fragment?
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Eitetsu
07.29.2013 , 11:14 PM | #3
This is where archaeology gets the new artifact fragments.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Weißreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

AlexDougherty
07.30.2013 , 03:46 AM | #4
might have something to do with processing crystals for use in Artifice and Synthweaving, you take these raw materials there and the device purifies them into a high end crafting material.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Aries_cz
07.30.2013 , 07:00 AM | #5
Not sure about Primordial DEVICE, but a Primordial Artifact is a resource gathered by Archeology and used by Artifice/Synthweaving.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Grayseven
07.30.2013 , 07:51 AM | #6
It is quite possible that this is a quest related item that can only be interacted with by people on certain quests.

That being said, there are a number of items in the world that can be interacted with which seem to have no purpose. There is a lava thing in the seeker droid area of Hoth down below the Snowblind area that doesn't seem to have a purpose but which is able to be moused over. I have no clue what it is for.

Regardless, have fun...and good luck with the discoveries.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Anysao
07.30.2013 , 08:23 AM | #7
I'll need to check this thing out when I get home.
And the new planet CZ-198 in 2.3 has new grade 9 color crystal materials that can be collected with archaeology... Perhaps they're related?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

profhermit
02.16.2014 , 11:03 AM | #8
I've seen this twice. Once in the Volcanic mesa, and once in the GSI daily area on Frinn Mesa. Just looked with my artifice alt, but now do not see it. No info on this anywhere.

Telanis
09.01.2014 , 09:29 AM | #9
"Primordial Device" is the node that yields "Primordial Artifact Fragment". Simple.

venomlash
09.01.2014 , 10:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
"Primordial Device" is the node that yields "Primordial Artifact Fragment". Simple.
This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony