Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

Synavix
08.06.2013 , 03:31 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
My submission for the Gunslinger question is about the PVE set bonus (tie with Engineering/Saboteur question..) It could be changed or elaborated to delve into the PVP set bonus as well.

Question: A lot of work has been done to shift the emphasis away from PvP grinding for the sake of PvE gearing with recent changes made to many relics. However, many Snipers and Gunslingers are still finding it far more advantageous to stack a 2 piece PvP set bonus along with their 2 piece PvE set bonus, largely because it is a flat out single target and AoE DPS increase. Are there any plans to (once again) rework any of the set bonuses with a future tier?

Original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...1&postcount=20
Thanks Paowee! Finally got around to trying to post this last night, and in the minute or so it took me to type up the forums went down for maintenance and it didn't go through. >.<

Anyway, we saw a lot of good response for this question over on the Sniper voting and it just barely didn't make the cut. Hoping to get the same response over here, assuming the answers we get for the Sniper questions don't bring up more pressing matters :P

Synavix
08.08.2013 , 07:41 PM | #22
Sniper class answers are up over at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=669517

Lets get some more discussion going on over here to try and get some more questions!

MasterJacer
08.09.2013 , 11:43 AM | #23
So, now that the sniper questions are over, let's get some more pvp questions this time in. My question is:

PvP: Dirty Fighting can right now do a lot of damage by a technique known as DoT spreading. It also can have some burst with Wounding Shots - Quickdraw, but in the spec burst is generally limited in favor of sustained DoT damage that can rack up a lot of dps. If played that way without burst (it can have some burst), it is somewhat irrelevant without many kills and turns out to be more of a support dps. Is this what you intended for Dirty Fighting in PvP, or do you want it to be a more bursty spec like Sharpshooter?
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

GalnarDegana
08.09.2013 , 12:13 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
So, now that the sniper questions are over, let's get some more pvp questions this time in. My question is:

PvP: Dirty Fighting can right now do a lot of damage by a technique known as DoT spreading. It also can have some burst with Wounding Shots - Quickdraw, but in the spec burst is generally limited in favor of sustained DoT damage that can rack up a lot of dps. If played that way without burst (it can have some burst), it is somewhat irrelevant without many kills and turns out to be more of a support dps. Is this what you intended for Dirty Fighting in PvP, or do you want it to be a more bursty spec like Sharpshooter?
Added, I may rephrase to combine something, but for now, that is great, thanks!

Keep 'em comin'!
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

earthwalker
08.10.2013 , 07:46 AM | #25
hey fellow gunslingers,

if we have skilled `stay low` and `heads up` as a sharpshooter we are suppossed to be immune to movement impairing effects and be 50% faster after using `hightail it` - thats buggy ! sometimes it works sometimes it doesn`t! or do i oversee something?

also, there is a delay after using vital shot. the shot doesn`t come as you press it - always a delay. anybody notice that or is it just me?

thanks in advance for your answers!

MasterJacer
08.10.2013 , 10:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
hey fellow gunslingers,

if we have skilled `stay low` and `heads up` as a sharpshooter we are suppossed to be immune to movement impairing effects and be 50% faster after using `hightail it` - thats buggy ! sometimes it works sometimes it doesn`t! or do i oversee something?

also, there is a delay after using vital shot. the shot doesn`t come as you press it - always a delay. anybody notice that or is it just me?

thanks in advance for your answers!
Heads up makes it so after Hightail it you get Hunker Down for 3 seconds. Stay low makes you immune to movement - impairing effects, and increased speed after hunker down ends, not hightail it.

MasterJacer
08.12.2013 , 10:35 AM | #27
bump. And believe pvp questions 3 and 7 are more or less the same, and question 6 also ties in to at least 7.

Ashuranrx
08.16.2013 , 07:24 AM | #28
Voting for PvE 1.

My PvP question: Can we make the buff from Charged Burst that reduces Aim Shot cast time last longer? To like 30s or something? Because I often find the buff duration too short and it expires before I get to cast aim shot in PvP. In a controlled and predictable PvE environment, it is not a probblem. But in a PvP environment, where there are CC, repositioning, movements, and defensive cooldowns used, the buff often expires before I get to cast Aim Shot.

CJNJ
08.31.2013 , 03:19 PM | #29
Judging from pts should we try having a question on how they feel we stand? To me it seems like only 1 spec is truly viable while the others fall due to their design(AOE + dots = bad for CC and long buildups for burst) but I'm not the sole opinion on the matter

fire-breath
09.02.2013 , 01:24 PM | #30
I would really go for PvE question 4 (the setbonus issue) It just seems so strange to me that we need to PvP in order to get BiS. (ergo my vote goes to PvE 4)

Also I would recommend against a wildcard tab. A wildcard maybe either PvE, PvP, roleplay, esthetics or whatever you like. Therefore you really cant formulate the wildcard options in 1 tab.