Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Official Gunslinger Class Representative Questions

GalnarDegana
07.31.2013 , 11:03 PM | #11
When we start getting a little closer, and after we see the responses for the Sniper posts, I will start getting together the questions here and sticking them in the spreadsheet. My personal pick for the wildcard is the A-300 question, and I think expanding that is also a really good idea, but some people might not want us to have a simple cosmetic question in there (albeit one of the most asked and most ignored questions on the entire forums). We will put it to a vote!

All that to say, the Sniper questions are here and now, so go look at the threads! See links above!

Arehonn
08.01.2013 , 10:30 AM | #12
The delay in Vital Shot is annoying. I'd like to see that finally fixed.

When rolling into natural cover, sometimes you just roll into place instead of your intended cover location.

Lower the diminishing returns for accuracy or increase the gains in the accuracy box in the sharpshooter tree.
AREHONN HEKTOR
- WAR -

BrodieSolo
08.01.2013 , 03:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Arehonn View Post
When rolling into natural cover, sometimes you just roll into place instead of your intended cover location.
This was supposedly fixed quite a few patches ago but it still happens.
I'd taken to using crouch instead, but I'd really like to use the roll into cover. Natural cover gives a better damage reduction compared to the shield, I'm not sure if it is related to terrain but this is my biggest bugbear currently.
"Hey Chewie, do you wanna just... hang out here in space? After we hang out for a bit, do you wanna just, y'know, fly off in that direction? See if we can find anything? And hey, maybe we can find some asteroids and mine them or something, I dunno.' Yeah, me neither."

flem
08.01.2013 , 04:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
My personal pick for the wildcard is the A-300 question, and I think expanding that is also a really good idea, but some people might not want us to have a simple cosmetic question in there (albeit one of the most asked and most ignored questions on the entire forums).
The AC in such a good place at the moment that this (and the more general point of main/offhands that can't be matched) is the only thing I'd really like answered. I guess verticality in arenas is significant as well, but that won't be a live issue for a while.
Jedi Covenant | Formerly: Squadron 840; Shii-Cho | Bring back warzone Tauntauns!

ScytheEleven
08.01.2013 , 04:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
I think the 3rd wildcard question is very fitting. But it should be opened up a bit more to include why can't gunslingers get a 2nd pistol with the same model as Flashy or Torchy, so they can be duel wielded along with the A-300.
Those are the 3 single reward pistols that don't have a match for a duel wielding class.
Fair enough

GalnarDegana
08.02.2013 , 11:03 AM | #16
What I don't like is when Sharpshooter talents proc and then immediately disappear when rolling into natural cover. This has been a problem since launch, but there were about two months where I didn't notice it. It's an odd bug. But, while that, and the delay for Vital Shot would be great to get fixed, this isn't really a chance for us to make sure they hear our bug reports, it is a chance to ask questions lol. We don't want to waste it on bugs.

Quote: Originally Posted by flem View Post
The AC in such a good place at the moment that this (and the more general point of main/offhands that can't be matched) is the only thing I'd really like answered. I guess verticality in arenas is significant as well, but that won't be a live issue for a while.
I agree with that we are in a good place, and this makes a great wildcard. It is a question asked more times than I can count, and we finally have a guaranteed answer lol. Also, verticality isn't always great in PvP. It is great when people are distracted, which happens in objective based games, and arenas aren't objective-based. Sometimes, being above everyone else causes LOS issues. The only real advantage is distance from melee, which granted, is nice, but it also has to be balanced for them as well. Also remember, with LOS issues, LOS only works when enemies can get away from you. If you are working together as a team, just because you root and they cleanse doesn't mean that your buddy doesn't use their root right after so you can blow your target up. We have to stop thinking about our classes' shortcomings and think about synergy with other classes. Plug the weaknesses.

CJNJ
08.05.2013 , 08:44 PM | #17
Once they answer the sniper questions ill prob start posting here more for sure! Also the A-300 sounds like a wonderful question. Maybe add the color crystal part on guns like what we had in the sniper thread
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

CaptCody
08.05.2013 , 08:59 PM | #18
Many gunslingers or tech uses in general don't feel as much presence of their color crystal as much as our force counter parts, would it be possible to add either add functionality to our potable cover screens to color according to our crystal (been brought up before) or add more blaster pistols to the game with visual effects that change based on color crystal?

My suggested question restated for gunslingers, in case you want to add it to your list and use it.
B O L I D E
Legacy

ArenCordial
08.05.2013 , 10:42 PM | #19
How about why do the majority of pistols sound like water guns?

paowee
08.06.2013 , 01:05 PM | #20
My submission for the Gunslinger question is about the PVE set bonus (tie with Engineering/Saboteur question..) It could be changed or elaborated to delve into the PVP set bonus as well.

Question: A lot of work has been done to shift the emphasis away from PvP grinding for the sake of PvE gearing with recent changes made to many relics. However, many Snipers and Gunslingers are still finding it far more advantageous to stack a 2 piece PvP set bonus along with their 2 piece PvE set bonus, largely because it is a flat out single target and AoE DPS increase. Are there any plans to (once again) rework any of the set bonuses with a future tier?

Original post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...1&postcount=20
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records