Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 Sentinel/Marauder Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
8/2 Sentinel/Marauder Questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheCourier-
08.01.2013 , 04:15 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ATGII View Post
I am usually very successful with rage spec in Voidstar because of the ability to aoe everyone that herds at the door but killing healers as carnage spec in voidstar I find very successful the only time I can easily kill healers in annihilation when I can interrupt all their healing channels. This fails a lot on scoundrels and operatives who have big instant cast healing
I was talking about ranked, not regular WZs. I usually don't respec during regular WZs. I usually use corruption spec when playing my sorcerer, and rage spec while playing my marauder.

MasterGladius
08.01.2013 , 07:23 PM | #62
So, tomorrow is the day. What do you have so far, KBN?

KeyboardNinja
08.01.2013 , 07:38 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterGladius View Post
So, tomorrow is the day. What do you have so far, KBN?
I'll be updating the OP on this thread with full question drafts. It sounds like the major issues are essentially what I outlined, though a lot of color has been added (especially on the Watchman/Annihilation in PvP issue).

Anyway, I'll be updating the OP a bit later (traveling).
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

KeyboardNinja
08.02.2013 , 02:29 AM | #64
OP has been updated with draft questions. They're a bit long-winded and could use some editing, but I think this is what we're going to go with. As I mentioned in the OP, I would really love to bug the developers about the Inspiration/Bloodthirst and Transcendence/Predation buffs blocking Centering/Fury build up, but we simply don't have that many questions and the Combat/Carnage issued garnered more community attention.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

znihilist
08.02.2013 , 03:29 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
OP has been updated with draft questions. They're a bit long-winded and could use some editing, but I think this is what we're going to go with. As I mentioned in the OP, I would really love to bug the developers about the Inspiration/Bloodthirst and Transcendence/Predation buffs blocking Centering/Fury build up, but we simply don't have that many questions and the Combat/Carnage issued garnered more community attention.
I will not quote the questions for now, and I feel the questions are in good place. However, I do have one concern which is that questions 1 and 3 branch into actual solutions for the underlying problems. I think it would be better to hint in the questions that we have as a community a series of well thought solutions that can help instead of bloating out the questions. This well help keep them short and simple.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

keeroo
08.02.2013 , 06:03 AM | #66
Combat/Carnage spec is one of the most RNG-dependent DPS specs in the entire game. A large number of procs at comparatively low odds introduces a highly random element to the gameplay. Due to the significance of these procs, this can represent a DPS loss of 10-15% even in the hands of the most skilled player, simply as a result of a series of bad coin flips. Some procs can happen too early (e.g. Hand of Justice / Slaughter procing on opening moves such as Leap/Charge), or even not happen at all (e.g. Hand of Justice / Slaughter failing to proc after the ICD is up even after repeated Blade Rush / Massacre usage, or Opportune Attack / Execute failing to proc before a natural Precision Slash / Gore window). This can be extremely frustrating, since no amount of skill can fully compensate in these scenarios, and it makes the spec feel a bit like a complicated slot machine. Would it be possible to give this spec some more control over some of these procs? Perhaps a guaranteed proc on Hand of Justice / Slaughter following a double Blade Rush / Massacre use if the ICD is expired? This could be balanced by reducing the natural proc chance from Ataru hits, which also helps with the "unintended proc" problem.
One comment from my side playing Sentinel main in PVP on Combat for the last 3 months:
Besides the random nature of Opportune Attack and Hand of Justice, it is extremely annoying that I have to watch my buff bar carefully to register if any of these two buffs are available. I already increased my buff bar on 1.2 in the interface editor to be able to exactly track the proc moments. But the icons in the character buff bar are also not ordered. So it is sometimes really hard to find these buffs in the forrest of icons.
Keeroo - Guardian | Keeraa - Sentinel
Keeree - Scoundrel | Kooree - Mercenary

JKnightJ
08.02.2013 , 06:32 AM | #67
Your last statement brought to mind a question of off-hand accuracy. Methinks we Combat spec sentinels could probably live with all the existing RNG if there were a skill to buff off-hand accuracy to parity with primary accuracy. This would reduce off-hand miss chance significantly; the resulting dps increase would more than make up for dps loss due to RNG.

Cheers.
Liira / Selleene - of Aeterna Vigilantia
The Shadowlands

oofalong
08.02.2013 , 08:03 AM | #68
Interesting questions. I am very interested to see the extent and specificity with which the Devs respond.
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.

idnewton
08.02.2013 , 09:33 AM | #69
That is indeed an interesting point. The community want what it wants, and I'd personally recommend keeping the questions which are directly related to these posts... that said, I'll remember this idea and post it when the time comes for Marauder ideas.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

g_mK
08.02.2013 , 10:41 AM | #70
I like the way the questions are phrased, one suggestion I still make if for HoJ/Slaughter to reduce the CD of gore/PS this would give combat/carnage the fluidity it had pre 2.0
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha