Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 Sentinel/Marauder Questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
8/2 Sentinel/Marauder Questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TradeLA
07.31.2013 , 08:58 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Things look pretty close to me. Sentinels/Marauders can do about 3.15k on the high end, which is right in line with what Gunslingers/Snipers can do (at least within a few percentage points, given that Gunslingers/Snipers can inflate their numbers with an end-parse burnout). DPS.
Not sure this is any different than marauder's burning out with a second bloodthirst and blowing all rage at the end of the parse, but I agree that against a dummy it's pretty equal...but this does not equate to raid damage, where the handicap of having to constantly move and chase targets nearly always puts snipers over marauders as reflected in the endgame op statistics at Torparse. We have to work harder, and still will usually come in with lower dps than an equivalently geared sniper.

JediMasterSLC
07.31.2013 , 10:48 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
The only time that watchman spec works for PVP is Voidstar defense.
Even then, combat is probably better for voidstar defense. Yes I can get 130k heals playing watchman on defense and focus on offense, but only because I'm using zen instead of trans. 80% movement speed and +10 defense rating 1/3 of the time is probably better for the team. Plus rooting their melee all the time.

Quote: Originally Posted by keeroo View Post
Yes, Zen got 6 instead of 4 stacks now. But still, the major issue is the crit based self heal without active Zen after the extremely strong crit nerf hammer)
Zen has always been 6 charges :P Did you mean to say 6 Juyo stacks instead of 5?

DarkDisturbed
07.31.2013 , 11:15 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by surharijan View Post

I haven't looked through enough parses to know what our full DPS mode average is, but currently the DPS difference between Carnage/Combat and Annihilation/Watchman DPS including the build up time is fairly minimal (at least on dummies) .

I think we want to keep them even somehow - thus if they do decrease the build up time, don't be surprised if they nerf something else while they're balancing.
Except that is not how it works in actual fights. You can not keep juyo/merciless up in most fights.

Ardarell_Solo
08.01.2013 , 03:00 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by TradeLA View Post
We have to work harder, and still will usually come in with lower dps than an equivalently geared sniper.
Absolutely. Only that Snipers/Slingers are despicable cowards, hiding behind their pathetic portable cover screen instead of confronting the enemy face to face (ok, mostly face to butt) and fighting in the line of fire ^^
(...says the guy whose "main Alt" is a Slinger ;-)

But seriously, I still find it more rewarding to down a boss playing a melee class, there's just more action, regardless of DPS comparison...

BTW: It's true that some mechanics in the current content are anti-melee (and I agree that's not a sent specific topic), but people tend to forget, that some are melee friendliy: E.g. Ciphas will mostly strangle healers and range DPS, Kelsara rarely marks melee DPS for death...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
GM <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich Řber Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

keeroo
08.01.2013 , 03:12 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Zen has always been 6 charges :P Did you mean to say 6 Juyo stacks instead of 5?
yeah, exactly...

I hope this flaw doesn't weaken my point about the relation between the crit nerf and watchmen sustain in PVP!
Keeroo - Guardian | Keeraa - Sentinel
Keeree - Scoundrel | Kooree - Mercenary

Sprgmr
08.01.2013 , 10:33 AM | #56
Would it be possible to ask about the current way you can activate Dispatch, then Precision Slash a fraction later to get both Dispatch and 3 more attacks in one window? Was that intended or is that something that would/should be fixed.

hunterraaze
08.01.2013 , 12:48 PM | #57
Just a random thought, but with 2.0, two classes that required stacks for maximum effectiveness were changed to where they only need to apply that said stack once (Ars Merc, Immortal Jugg). So what if we do the same thing with Watchmen/Annihilation? This could be used for either the Merciless buff, or Juyo, or the Overload Saber. This would severely reduce the ramp up time to perform the max that this spec is capable of. Would either of these work?
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
Click here to give me free stuff! (And you too I guess)

ATGII
08.01.2013 , 12:50 PM | #58
Congrats to Keyboard Ninja on the nomination hopefully the sentinel community can work with some changes for the better. Now to my personal response to some of the questions brought up in this thread as my sentinel is my main and I can do well on him in HM and Nim ops currently in both the combat and watchman specs with combat being my personal favorite, and an avid PVP player with plenty of warzone experience post 2.0 although I have not touched ranked very much. (have been focusing on progressing through operations)

Combat RNG

Spoiler

Watchman

Spoiler

Focus

Spoiler

I am not an expert of focus so I may be wrong on several points there but I stand firmly behind what I've talked about and suggested on the other 2 specs
ArsenixTG Combat Sentinel, ChieSatonaka Jugg Tank, Tabasa Sage Healer
<Covenant of the Phoenix> The Shadowlands
www.covenantofthephoenix.com

TheCourier-
08.01.2013 , 03:48 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Even then, combat is probably better for voidstar defense. Yes I can get 130k heals playing watchman on defense and focus on offense, but only because I'm using zen instead of trans. 80% movement speed and +10 defense rating 1/3 of the time is probably better for the team. Plus rooting their melee all the time.
I use annihilation spec for Voidstar defense because I despise carnage spec. Carnage spec is probably better for Voidstar defense than annihilation spec.

ATGII
08.01.2013 , 04:12 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
I use annihilation spec for Voidstar defense because I despise carnage spec. Carnage spec is probably better for Voidstar defense than annihilation spec.
I am usually very successful with rage spec in Voidstar because of the ability to aoe everyone that herds at the door but killing healers as carnage spec in voidstar I find very successful the only time I can easily kill healers in annihilation when I can interrupt all their healing channels. This fails a lot on scoundrels and operatives who have big instant cast healing
ArsenixTG Combat Sentinel, ChieSatonaka Jugg Tank, Tabasa Sage Healer
<Covenant of the Phoenix> The Shadowlands
www.covenantofthephoenix.com