Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is the week for info.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Going
07.29.2013 , 12:43 PM | #11
2.4 is all about gear grinds? What about the arenas? Arena grind. t-.-

Repman
07.29.2013 , 12:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
It's a mmo so sure it is about a gear grind
I remember when MMO's were not about that :P

EricMusco
07.29.2013 , 01:01 PM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Hopefully it was not pushed.
Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ZionHalcyon
07.29.2013 , 01:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes.

-eric
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Winguardian
07.29.2013 , 01:37 PM | #15
Seriously eric? I was so looking forward to that blogpost... how can it take 3 weeks for something that's already finished in the english language? I'm sure there's community members that can translate it faster than that? There's been a dryspell of actual informative blogposts for a while now, the Summer of SWTOR updates only add to the need for more clear information on what this patch will actually bring PvP-content wise.

I'm sure even Kvothe would approve if this blogpost came sooner . Man I'm really bummed.
Pubs
Wingardium | Winguardian | Prætorian | Seldenseen
Imps
Battousai'ken | Winsparkium | Antæus | Eikichi | Wingàrdium

TUXs
07.29.2013 , 01:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Winguardian View Post
Seriously eric? I was so looking forward to that blogpost... how can it take 3 weeks for something that's already finished in the english language? I'm sure there's community members that can translate it faster than that? There's been a dryspell of actual informative blogposts for a while now, the Summer of SWTOR updates only add to the need for more clear information on what this patch will actually bring PvP-content wise.

I'm sure even Kvothe would approve if this blogpost came sooner . Man I'm really bummed.
As long as they're adding MORE PvP content (like new wz's Eric...hint hint), I'm fine with this being delayed weeks.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ObiRadd
07.29.2013 , 01:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Don't you think it is time to hype us on the next Cartel Pack? is that coming with 2.3?
Imperial Army 47th I.E.F.
Website | Join Us

"Boom! HealShot!"

MSchuyler
07.29.2013 , 05:38 PM | #18
Quote:
As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :P) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.
Perhaps Eric was just jesting for effect here, but assuming he was not, this statement says a lot about the hierarchical structure of EABW. That a blog post needs several levels of approval and control shows that the process of control is out of control itself. No wonder Bioware does not move fast. They are not allowed to.

Soluss
07.29.2013 , 07:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Winguardian View Post

Red tape. It has to be approved by a bunch of people. If something is not approved then it has to be rewritten then resent through the approval process again ad nauseam, until its approved.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Winguardian
07.30.2013 , 04:04 AM | #20
If this is the same for fleshing out new features I can understand why they keep rehashing daily area's and old mechanics, not willing to innovate cause there's too much red tape involved. An open and iterative environment is not encouraged it seems at BW. What do they have to lose by having a developer speak his mind? He's part of the team isn't he? Yet so many forms of approval needed seems to indicate you don't trust him.

I can understand if it would have to be approved by his direct superior but cmon, 3 weeks for a blogpost that's rediculous.

In any case they won't change and that's unfortunate, I just hope they don't disappoint us when the blogpost finally does come.
Pubs
Wingardium | Winguardian | Prætorian | Seldenseen
Imps
Battousai'ken | Winsparkium | Antæus | Eikichi | Wingàrdium