Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Graphical Bug: Regal Apparel Miniskirt heavy clipping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Graphical Bug: Regal Apparel Miniskirt heavy clipping
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KyaniteD
07.28.2013 , 10:40 AM | #1
Item: Regal Apparel Miniskirt (Cartel Market item, Archon's Contraband Pack)
Bug: The miniskirt shows heavy clipping, not just with the other pieces of its own set, but also with skin.

There has been a thread in General Discussion in which other players confirm this bug:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650665

I'm having trouble making screenshots when moving, so this is all I have:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...s1cacba68.jpeg

It's the only piece of this kind that we have and it's very sad that the clipping puts a damper on the fun. The clipping that can be seen from behind when running is particularly irritating and actually worse than the screenshot suggests. I just couldn't get a good shot of it.

ETA: Clipping in action
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...s87e3ba69.jpeg
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

tman_ac
08.18.2013 , 06:23 AM | #2
Bump.

Hope you guys at BW have not forgotten about it!
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Chemmie
09.24.2013 , 07:41 PM | #3
Hey tons of outfits have been fixed lately but this one still hasn't been addressed. I was gonna post some pics but mine are pretty much identical to one posted in the previous thread. I really like the skirt and would at least like to see the clipping while running fixed.
www.SwtorStyles.com

"SWTOR Styles" fansite with pictures of Gear/Weapons/

Companions/Housing Etc.

Raratork
11.02.2013 , 03:23 PM | #4
This is still a very annoying issue, I'm not clipping as much as those screenshots but clipping exists. Hope this gets fixed someday.
Personne par la guerre ne devient grand.
On fait la guerre quand on veut, on la termine quand on peut.

Iridarus
12.01.2013 , 01:46 AM | #5
Yes, this is most unfortunate.

I was looking so much forward to getting this miniskirt, I bought five thousands cartel coins just to buy archon contraband packs, I was lucky enough to get miniskirt with 3rd or 4th pack.
Giddy with excitement, I equipped it just to realize there is this heavy issue with clipping. This bugged piece of gear I wanted so much, and that kept me going literally for weeks, turned to be a such a huge disappointment that it killed all desire to play the game in me.

I hope this gets fixed.

sethdil
12.02.2013 , 01:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Iridarus View Post
Yes, this is most unfortunate.

I hope this gets fixed.
You can pretty much Axe that idea of getting fixed. Peeps have been waiting months for the Relaxed Vestment Chestwraps to be corrected(just look at the number of posts in here about it). This even to the point it has made it on the known bug list and yet no repair has been sighted.

tman_ac
12.10.2013 , 08:37 PM | #7
It's actually so sad that they don't acknowledge this. We paid for this with real $$, but there is no fix on the horizon. Really sad, really....
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

tzipidamus
12.12.2013 , 12:42 AM | #8
Confirming as well. It's a little frustrating to get a what looks like a neat looking set of armor but then have it visually bug when a toon runs. Quite frankly, I won't use armor with bugs like that present. The Regal mini-skirt suffers from the last kind of clipping that the Last Handmaiden's exhibit.

Tested on female toons with body types 1 and 2. I do not have type 3 or 4.

I know a common answer to the question of these kinds of bugs: would you like us (ea) to fix old bugs or work on new things? Honestly, I would prefer ea fix these old bugs. It would give me confidence in making further cartel purchase.

Chemmie
02.10.2014 , 02:30 PM | #9
I am bumping this up AGAIN hoping that someone will still fix this. This is one of my fave outfits and I STILL can't wearing it on my #2 body type female. Very sad face.
www.SwtorStyles.com

"SWTOR Styles" fansite with pictures of Gear/Weapons/

Companions/Housing Etc.

Zerileth
02.10.2014 , 06:43 PM | #10
I think these texture/mesh errors almost warrant my newest Bioware/EA theory: White Lego Block World. Because only combat related errors qualify as "top of the list fixes," I'm guessing we'll eventually be playing with what will appear to be white Legos. The game will consist of characters with no textures, and minimal polygon count meshes so Bioware doesn't have to maintain the look of the game, just the mechanics. We'll fight with white, Lego characters with white, Lego lightsabers in a white washed flat landscrape.

Do you like that new Cartel armor jacket? It's nice and white with white buttons and comes with a square bowcaster. What's that you say? It doesn't look like a bowcaster but a white Lego brick. Well, at least you'll never have to worry about us breaking it on the next patch. I'd pay $15 a month for that game.

NO I WOULDN'T! It's called Pong from 1972! Fix your textures and meshes. Have some pride please! I love Bioware. I have since KOTOR 1. Bioware is not running this ship. No way! Can't be. Alright, I'll stop ranting.