Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightsaber Shoto off-hand

CaliJoe
02.16.2014 , 11:40 PM | #11
I believe a Shoto was in KOTOR or KOTOR 2 if I am not mistaken. The only downside *could* be that new script would need to be made for the weapon w/ all the stats because it functions similar to a lightsaber but *faster* reaction time because of its size.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

Magnusheart
02.16.2014 , 11:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CaliJoe View Post
I believe a Shoto was in KOTOR or KOTOR 2 if I am not mistaken. The only downside *could* be that new script would need to be made for the weapon w/ all the stats because it functions similar to a lightsaber but *faster* reaction time because of its size.
not needed at all. Gree and one of the C.M. sabers are longer than normal. its pure visual effects.

CaliJoe
02.17.2014 , 01:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
not needed at all. Gree and one of the C.M. sabers are longer than normal. its pure visual effects.
Ah! Then I stand corrected.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

antonmasik
10.27.2014 , 06:50 AM | #14
Shoto as a cartel market item makes sense to me and I support it:
* orange/custom
* same stats as other lightsabers
* difference is purely visual -- beam shorter than normal, maybe narrower too
* both main and off-hand

To the people who think it looks ridiculous: you don't have to use it. There are body type 1 female characters who would look great with it in main hand. There are sentinels/marauders who want normal main and shoto off-hand.

There already are other sabers with different beams: volatile, gree, etc. Shorter beam of shoto is the continuation of the same beam tweaking approach.
Use my referral to receive free subscription level access and more bonus goodies (FAQ).

EranofArcadia
10.30.2014 , 08:02 AM | #15
I would like to see them added. I never dual wielded in KotOR II but if I had I would not have used a full-sized offhand saber.
The Nera Legacy - BC

Unchosen
10.30.2014 , 01:06 PM | #16
It totally makes sense. Jedi are Samurai.

that_Spartan_IV
11.15.2014 , 05:45 AM | #17
If they make it a re-skin of normal lightsabers, I can't find a reason NOT to have it in the game.
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

NSaynKnutt
11.15.2014 , 02:47 PM | #18
As long as it's just a reskinned lightsaber and not a new class of weapon, I fully support it. We've got longer lightsabers; give us some shorter ones.

Lord_Trenzalore
07.22.2015 , 10:04 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
omg my suggestion made it after 2 years.
Made it? Was a shoto added?
<-----Invictus Legacy----->
Bastion main: Dav'ros 60 sin, Ebon Main: Infernium 46 Sorc
Guildmaster Of Invictus Recruitment
<--------Free Stuff--------->