Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 - PVP Sniper/Gunslinger community questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
8/2 - PVP Sniper/Gunslinger community questions

BaineOs
07.29.2013 , 01:39 PM | #21
Doesn't bother me too much tbh just replying to say that it is OP, there wasn't meant to be a question in my comment

As I've already told you I want nothing to do with these questions, my interest in the game has waned to the point that after I've finally got my rank 100 (my fault in the delay for rolling and playing so many other snipers) I'm gone. If people want to ask the devs a question in it's current form that's related to a feature that isn't already out yet then good for them.

Islander, I have the same problem at work. If you right lcick the link> properties, you can copy the link and paste it in your internet explorer (or whatever it is you use). Works for me that way. Clicking the link directly doesn't work for me but that method does.
Es'carli - Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse

islander
07.29.2013 , 01:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
sorry dude but it is definitely OP and cheesy. In my opinion the bombs should drop based on the distance you travel so if you just roll head first into a wall it'll allow that but....no bombs.
No luck with the copy/paste thing, and yeah, we use internet exploder.

well maybe a bomb or two, but surely not all five.

I'm not going to go out of my way to cry for a self nerf - I do understand the counterargument with smash and spreading out. I just unequivocally want the jumping/roll exploit gone ASAP. If Bioware says "rolling bombs into a wall is legit" then I mean hey - at that point I'll defer to what respected folks in my server community seem to think. I'd rather lose and have a good personal reputation then the opposite. I'm generally a good person in real life, and this game, besides some occasional trolling for entertainment purposes, is something I've never aspired to be any different...
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

paowee
07.29.2013 , 01:56 PM | #23
The question (similar to the issue you guys have been discussing) is up in the spreadsheet. It's on both PVE and PVP sections. From CJNJ

Quote:
Did they intend for our roll to have such an impact on the class? With the roll we have the ability to avoid mechanics in fights(doom in DG) and in one particular spec is the key damaging move at this time. Are you guys planning on letting us keep the roll as it is or will we be seeing a nerf? If roll does get changed will anything be added to compensate for it?

Definitely should be reworded but pretty much our roll is really powerful at the moment and I would personally like to know if they plan on doing anything with it
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...2&postcount=45
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
07.29.2013 , 03:08 PM | #24
We started a few days early but here is an official message to the Class Representatives .

Quote:
As you compile your top 3 keep in mind that the goal is provide commentary and specifically questions to the development team which you wish have them address. Try to phrase things in the way of questions that we can answer.

Bad example: You guys are aware that we suck in PvP right?

Good example: We feel that in general our class lacks some utility and cc in comparison to other classes in Warzones. As an example (your reasoning), do you guys feel we are in a good place here? Do you also feel this is an issue?

paowee
07.29.2013 , 09:39 PM | #25
GalnarDegana the Gunslinger Rep (mainly PVP) will be "taking over" this thread and hopefully he will start the pvp discussion going and get good questions for the sniper/slinger PVP community!

funkiestj
07.29.2013 , 10:38 PM | #26
Question for uber-snipers: does SS/MM get used in rated outside of huttball? I've played rated very little but I was under the impression that MM was only used to grab the huttball (roll to the middle, knock enemies back and grab) and that the right tree was the tree for DPS.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

paowee
07.30.2013 , 02:27 AM | #27
Hot topics portion. Made some changes on the spreadsheet. Check it out. Hopefully i did not miss anything.

Also Day today - Tuesday. Eric said he'll get back to me on Thursday to have the questions "finalized" for Friday. 2 days left.

GalnarDegana, being a pvper hopefully you can chime in on this thread. We are short on time for the sniper batch and eric knows this >_>

Trephination
07.30.2013 , 03:22 AM | #28
I'll throw my vote in now, since question submission seems to have slowed down.

PvE #3
PvP #3
PvP #4

Obviously a bit biased as I only PvP. I wish all of them could be answered, especially the very short ones like color crystals being so underwhelming for tech classes. Maybe the devs will be generous and throw in a few extra short answers anyway.
Blackadder | @ Prophecy of the Five] | Korokokill | @ The Bastion
AKA Teacher

paowee
07.30.2013 , 03:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Trephination View Post
I'll throw my vote in now, since question submission seems to have slowed down.

PvE #3
PvP #3
PvP #4

Obviously a bit biased as I only PvP. I wish all of them could be answered, especially the very short ones like color crystals being so underwhelming for tech classes. Maybe the devs will be generous and throw in a few extra short answers anyway.
Updated. Any comments/votes from your other ranked bastion sniper buddies?

EnzoForMe
07.30.2013 , 09:26 AM | #30
Will roll into cover ever work as intended?

It's a key mechanic and 3/4 times you will simply roll in place rather than roll to the object with the green outline of yourself as the intended destination.
Caprica<LD50>