Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paowee
07.27.2013 , 06:09 PM | #21
Quote:
I am not sure what your plans are for our third question, although I addressed that a bit in the PvP question topic. For those that have not already seen (I know Paowee has):
Third one can be the third highest voted question, or we could give it to the pvpers (or they could give it to the pvers. we'll see lol).

I'll add your question to the list. That is what this thread is for.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

CJNJ
07.27.2013 , 10:44 PM | #22
Don't forget we get another 3 questions on the gunslinger end, so any major questions we get can probably get answered eventually
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

paowee
07.28.2013 , 10:56 AM | #23
Just a thought, so voting ends Monday, which means we would have had 2 days (tues and wed) to discuss the questions, 1 day to probably vote and decide (thurs), and friday being the deadline (day to talk to BW). No wonder they put snipers on top... maybe they saw we start early! -___- imagine if we were on the sin forums, a very vocal lot AND they have a lot of issues. ~3 days won't be enough on top of the class rep's RL. lol

Synavix
07.28.2013 , 11:14 AM | #24
Yeah I feel bad for them; they could probably get 3 pretty easy questions just on each role of tanking/DPSing, they've got quite a bit of work to figure out how to narrow it down to 3 for tanking, dpsing, pve, pvp all combined.

Glad we have you on top of it here!

Solar_Breeze
07.28.2013 , 11:21 AM | #25
My votes would be for:

PVE: 6
PVP: 8
Other: (PVE) 8 (because it affects both PVE and PVP to some extent.)

I'm trying to come up with a couple of questions for the next 3 / gunslinger question allocation will update soon
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

BaineOs
07.28.2013 , 12:25 PM | #26
Just a couple of things, doesn't it sound a bit daft that we have 2 suggestions, 1 with 2 votes so far for arena's when they haven't actually been introduced yet? I'm sorry truely but that's just a waste of a question if either of those two gets the pvp vote. If there is a concern about the effectiveness of laze target and target aquired then we should formulate a question surrounding them without referencing Arena's (pvp row 3 of course).

Also what's the benefit of pvp row 8? Of all the questions we could possibly ask that has got to be the worst one. These are questions that BW have said they plan to go to great depths to answer properly and we're asking questions about a feature that hasn't actually been released yet and something that hasn't any tangible benefit to us in the slightest??

I don't get it, sorry if it offends anyone but I don't....it's insane.
Es'carli - Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse

Synavix
07.28.2013 , 01:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
Just a couple of things, doesn't it sound a bit daft that we have 2 suggestions, 1 with 2 votes so far for arena's when they haven't actually been introduced yet? I'm sorry truely but that's just a waste of a question if either of those two gets the pvp vote. If there is a concern about the effectiveness of laze target and target aquired then we should formulate a question surrounding them without referencing Arena's (pvp row 3 of course).

Also what's the benefit of pvp row 8? Of all the questions we could possibly ask that has got to be the worst one. These are questions that BW have said they plan to go to great depths to answer properly and we're asking questions about a feature that hasn't actually been released yet and something that hasn't any tangible benefit to us in the slightest??

I don't get it, sorry if it offends anyone but I don't....it's insane.
I'd address some of those points to the PvP topic, they may have a more significant response than I do.

That said, I believe the reason Arena has even been mentioned is that it is a *very* big deal for hardcore PvPers, and for the most part our class is already relatively well balanced in comparison to some of the other classes. This has led to some questions that are more about curiosity than needing an immediate response or fix.

Also on that note, Paowee is just doing his job in offering the chance for people to vote or discuss every question that has been thrown at him. It's not really his job to decide which questions we can and cannot vote for, just to offer us the chance. If we (as a community) vote for a subpar question, it's really just our fault for not encouraging the better questions.

paowee
07.28.2013 , 01:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Synavix View Post
Also on that note, Paowee is just doing his job in offering the chance for people to vote or discuss every question that has been thrown at him. It's not really his job to decide which questions we can and cannot vote for, just to offer us the chance. If we (as a community) vote for a subpar question, it's really just our fault for not encouraging the better questions.
If you don't like a question, or if the question is "insane", then it won't get many votes. It's really up to everyone to pick which questions will be thrown to the devs. That's why voting is important! If no one participates in the PVP discussion, then.. well... what the community gives is what it will get lol >_<;

BaineOs
07.28.2013 , 01:37 PM | #29
They....lol dude there's only 3 people who have posted there so far. I haven't got anything against Paowee, my comments have nothing to do with him. People are posting here about the pve questions fine no problem with that but then voting on pvp here as well.

I understand why people are interested in Arena's, I'm a pvp'er myself dude so I get the interest. But these are questions that are meant to be about the class. Not damn arena's, I see no relevence in those questions with what BW is aksing us to do.
Es'carli - Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse

BaineOs
07.28.2013 , 01:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
If you don't like a question, or if the question is "insane", then it won't get many votes. It's really up to everyone to pick which questions will be thrown to the devs. That's why voting is important! If no one participates in the PVP discussion, then.. well... what the community gives is what it will get lol >_<;
Won't get many votes, aye that's a good one. One of the arena questions already has 2 votes. We shouldn't be asking questions about arena's when they're not even out yet. It's daft beyond belief.
Es'carli - Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse