Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Episode VII Casting News

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Star Wars Episode VII Casting News

TheBBP
07.26.2013 , 01:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Argh, I hate that guy
He married my dream girl...
Have you seen the Veronica Mars trailer?
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

TheNahash
07.26.2013 , 02:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Have you seen the Veronica Mars trailer?
Yup, yup
I'm (somewhat) ashamed to admit I really enjoyed Veronica Mars. And not just for Kristen Bell
It was such a well-written whodunnit show.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Guardian_Scott
07.26.2013 , 02:31 PM | #13

I don't see how either would portray Jacen or Ben... correction.. I don't see how they would portray current canon Jacen and/or Ben. I'm still having nightmares as Disney works behind sparking curtains.

Pietrastor
07.26.2013 , 08:17 PM | #14
Replace Episode VII with Episode II and Zac Efron with Leonardo DiCaprio and you could basically copy+paste the the comments from this thread. Fans do NOT 'know it best' necessarily. I don't care who gets casted, as long as he/she delivers a good performance.

Guardian_Scott
07.26.2013 , 08:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Replace Episode VII with Episode II and Zac Efron with Leonardo DiCaprio and you could basically copy+paste the the comments from this thread. Fans do NOT 'know it best' necessarily. I don't care who gets casted, as long as he/she delivers a good performance.

Wat?

Pietrastor
07.26.2013 , 08:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Guardian_Scott View Post

Wat?
Back in Episode II pre-production, it was heavily rumored that Leonardo DiCaprio could play Anakin in Episode II. Fans hated the idea because he was in 'chick flick Titanic, Romeo & Juliet' etc.

Guardian_Scott
07.27.2013 , 07:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Back in Episode II pre-production, it was heavily rumored that Leonardo DiCaprio could play Anakin in Episode II. Fans hated the idea because he was in 'chick flick Titanic, Romeo & Juliet' etc.
Did not know that... I LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY!

Jacen_Starsolo
07.27.2013 , 09:18 AM | #18
To think most of the Leo haters back then wished they kept their mouths shut after getting Hayden.

MasterFeign
07.27.2013 , 09:45 AM | #19
What's understandable too is people disliking the idea that some 'known' actor will play a part in the movies. While this makes sense, others (on other forums and whatnot) were pointing out that this had already happened in the previous films. Myself, I'd prefer to have lesser known actors, but I can't really expect much. It gets boring though when Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise etc etc. Are the main characters in movies. I don't see their characters anymore, I just see them, trying to be someone else...

Cast Michael Cera as Jacen! He'd make a great angsty teenager falling to the dark side! (heh...)

Guardian_Scott
07.27.2013 , 02:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
What's understandable too is people disliking the idea that some 'known' actor will play a part in the movies. While this makes sense, others (on other forums and whatnot) were pointing out that this had already happened in the previous films. Myself, I'd prefer to have lesser known actors, but I can't really expect much. It gets boring though when Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise etc etc. Are the main characters in movies. I don't see their characters anymore, I just see them, trying to be someone else...

Cast Michael Cera as Jacen! He'd make a great angsty teenager falling to the dark side! (heh...)
I'd just like to point out Jacen was in his 30s when Darth Caedus and his dark side revelations came about... tho hilarious that would be.