Star Wars Episode VII Casting News

Darth_Moonshadow

So apparently there are a few casting rumors floating about that Ryan Gosling and Zac Effron will be in the new Star Wars. Gosling is up for (most likely) Ben Skywalker while Effron will be taking on the roll of Jacen Solo a.k.a Darth Caedus.

A nice video for those who don't want to go to Yahoo and read their article.

Can I be the first to say that Disney REALLY needs to rethink this? No offense to Ryan and Zac, I'm sure they are big Star Wars fans in their own right. But I just do not see them as Ben and Jacen, respectively. And Maker knows who Disney thinks gets to play Jaina Solo. Prolly Bridgette Mendler or something!

Actually, I could let Mendler slide. She was pretty okay in Lemonade Mouth.

/shrug

On topic: Do you think Gosling and Effron would fit in the SW universe?

A couple things wrong with that report.

1. The guy is SPECULATING who these two actors might be playing. The source gave no such information outside of Gosling going in for Skywalker's son.
  2. The use of the EU characters Ben and Jacen. You should stop clinging to any hope that will happen.

Edited by TheBBP

A couple things wrong with that report.

1. The guy is SPECULATING who these two actors might be playing. The source gave no such information outside of Gosling going in for Skywalker's son.
  2. The use of the EU characters Ben and Jacen. You should stop clinging to any hope that will happen.

I use the EU characters because people will jump to that conclusion anyway.

Wait...what?

We're supposed to call Zac Efron an "actor' now?

:rolleyes:

I have seen a couple of his recent movies. He isn't all that bad. I won't shun him because he did movies for teens when he was a teen.

I have seen a couple of his recent movies. He isn't all that bad. I won't shun him because he did movies for teens when he was a teen.

Well, I watched Charlie St. Cloud

I don't want to see him again any time soon... ;)

Edited by TheNahash

Replace Episode VII with Episode II and Zac Efron with Leonardo DiCaprio and you could basically copy+paste the the comments from this thread. Fans do NOT 'know it best' necessarily. I don't care who gets casted, as long as he/she delivers a good performance.

Replace Episode VII with Episode II and Zac Efron with Leonardo DiCaprio and you could basically copy+paste the the comments from this thread. Fans do NOT 'know it best' necessarily. I don't care who gets casted, as long as he/she delivers a good performance.

Wat?

What's understandable too is people disliking the idea that some 'known' actor will play a part in the movies. While this makes sense, others (on other forums and whatnot) were pointing out that this had already happened in the previous films. Myself, I'd prefer to have lesser known actors, but I can't really expect much. It gets boring though when Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise etc etc. Are the main characters in movies. I don't see their characters anymore, I just see them, trying to be someone else...

Cast Michael Cera as Jacen! He'd make a great angsty teenager falling to the dark side! (heh...)

What's understandable too is people disliking the idea that some 'known' actor will play a part in the movies. While this makes sense, others (on other forums and whatnot) were pointing out that this had already happened in the previous films. Myself, I'd prefer to have lesser known actors, but I can't really expect much. It gets boring though when Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise etc etc. Are the main characters in movies. I don't see their characters anymore, I just see them, trying to be someone else...

Cast Michael Cera as Jacen! He'd make a great angsty teenager falling to the dark side! (heh...)

I'd just like to point out Jacen was in his 30s when Darth Caedus and his dark side revelations came about... tho hilarious that would be.

Edited by Guardian_Scott

I'd just like to point out Jacen was in his 30s when Darth Caedus and his dark side revelations came about... tho hilarious that would be.

Too late it's already been retconned! Hahaha.

Honestly though, I could see them making an excuse like that just to cast him and mess with the fans.