Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

amitylane
12.21.2011 , 12:29 PM | #1
I've been trying to set up my subscription, but I keep getting this error message:

Quote:
We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.
This is the same Mastercard I used to preorder/purchase the game with no issues. I've used it for every other online game I've ever played. I used it about an hour ago to buy chips and soda for tonight's session of SW:TOR worshi...uhh, gaming.

Help me, TOR Customer Service Department...you're my only hope!
INSEGNANTI
I, for one, welcome our Orange Pixel Overlords.
"Excuse me, Stormtrooper...these are the droids you're looking for." -Sheldon Cooper

Sofistication
12.21.2011 , 12:34 PM | #2
For the record, I am having the exact same problem, I've tried changing the credit card type to some of the other visa options in case it was me failing, and it still presented the same problem.

Ebulus
12.21.2011 , 12:35 PM | #3
Yeah I hav the same issue and if it isn't sorted by tonight we can't play the game.

Lungbutter
12.21.2011 , 12:35 PM | #4
Doesn't work with either Credit Card or Paypal.
Four One Niner

Kalendel
12.21.2011 , 12:37 PM | #5
It may actually be security at your credit card company refusing the transaction. Believe it or not, they monitor your spending habits and if they see something that seems out of place they can halt the transaction. I'd take a few minutes to contact them and see if that's the issue.

Sofistication
12.21.2011 , 12:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalendel View Post
It may actually be security at your credit card company refusing the transaction. Believe it or not, they monitor your spending habits and if they see something that seems out of place they can halt the transaction. I'd take a few minutes to contact them and see if that's the issue.
Does that hold true for debit cards as well? Because I am using a debit card and having this problem.

Ebulus
12.21.2011 , 12:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalendel View Post
It isn't. It is a known issue wher epeople have contacted their credit card company and it isn't on their end. Bioware doesn't seem to want to do anything to fix it.

amitylane
12.21.2011 , 12:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sofistication View Post
Does that hold true for debit cards as well? Because I am using a debit card and having this problem.
Mine's also a debit card. Maybe we can find a correlation...post your card type and company, and let's see if it's one specific thing.

Mastercard - Debit
INSEGNANTI
I, for one, welcome our Orange Pixel Overlords.
"Excuse me, Stormtrooper...these are the droids you're looking for." -Sheldon Cooper

Kalendel
12.21.2011 , 12:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ebulus View Post
It isn't. It is a known issue wher epeople have contacted their credit card company and it isn't on their end. Bioware doesn't seem to want to do anything to fix it.
I'm sure BW wants to fix it, it's about getting your money after all.

In the end, they're dealing with hundreds of issues at launch. I'm sure this one is getting worked on even if someone hasn't explicitly responded to forum posts about it. Indeed, it does suck that this means you may not be able to play today, but it will get worked out.

For me, it appears my launcher wants to redownload the entire game, so I may not get on today either. It's not a big deal. Inconvenient, yes. Life-altering, no.

sooney
12.21.2011 , 12:42 PM | #10
This may be of help or not i had this issue when i first setup my card,

first for most online stuff i set to Visa that's it, here i had to change to visa Delta (for debit card)

after i had set that i hadn't realized it also reset the flaming expiry date once i realized i reset that and it went thru hope that may help?