Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time To Vote For Your Shadow Class Representative!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Time To Vote For Your Shadow Class Representative!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Who should be your Shadow Class Representative?
Xinika 171 27.49%
Kitru 286 45.98%
EatenByDistance 72 11.58%
KeyboardNinja 84 13.50%
NamikazeNaruto 9 1.45%
Voters: 622. You may not vote on this poll

leto_cleon
07.26.2013 , 03:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
But we wantz more vidz to watch during patch time intermissions
Oooo... Xin really made a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma3972M15bo

Ancaglon
07.26.2013 , 04:45 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Locksley View Post
personally I voted for Xinika, ive read a lot of what he/she has written both here and on their watchman forums and to be honest its given me some great tips and help. Always seems to be thorough and to the point. Thats the sort of person I think we need.
Hope you voted Xinika on the Assassin vote too, then

RGMetal
07.26.2013 , 05:56 AM | #13
Voted for Kitru on moral grounds. ...and voted Waka in the 'sin thread.

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Míka / Fayé

ckoneful
07.26.2013 , 07:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
It's likely because I am *very* active on the Shadow/Tanking forums but have never posted on the Assassin forums so all of the attention I got over there was bleed over from the Shadow/Tanking forums. The same is likely true of KBN. I also believe that Xinika and Wakalord are both a lot more active on the Assassin forums than they are on the Shadow forums, which contributes to it as well, so they've got more Assassin cache in that respect.

I *would* be really curious what it would look like if we were voting on a single Shad/Sin rep instead of 2 separate reps for each.
Yea, I figured that. It just seems so odd that the Assassin forums don't have a clear winner they want for their representative.

Looking at total votes I think yourself and Xinika would be pretty close for an overall both class representative if they did it that way. Though, some folks may be voting like I did; You for PvE on Shadows and Xinika for PvP on Assassins.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

kwestone
07.26.2013 , 08:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by helpmewin View Post
Kitru doesn't know anything about shadow tanking in PvP.
LOL. What is to know? Please tell us. Be sure to include your formulas.

1. Begin match.
2. Start QQing in the chat because you got in match with teh noobs
3. Rage Quit.
4. Queue up again.
5. Rinse and repeat.

Something like that? Kitru has tons of posts that deal with gearing, dmg, even DPS if you care to read. And yes, many of them cover pvp. There is nothing to PVP, other than what 5 warzones? Let me take a more serious whack at tanking pvp:

1. Always keep a guard on any team-mate getting attacked (if you can handle switching it mid-fight, if not gaurd your heals).
2. Spam taunts every cooldown
3. Stay in range of pocket heals
4. Spam DW every cooldown, and Force shroud against tech or force attacks.
5. Use phase walk to as both heals buff and escape when breakhout is on cooldown.
6. QQ in chat when team sucks
7. Rage quit

Sound about right? The questions I've seen posted by the leading nominated PVP assassins are complete and utter garbage, and if both Assassin and Shadow reps are PVP then this class is borked forever.

Xinika
07.26.2013 , 09:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by kwestone View Post
LOL. What is to know? Please tell us. Be sure to include your formulas.

1. Begin match.
2. Start QQing in the chat because you got in match with teh noobs
3. Rage Quit.
4. Queue up again.
5. Rinse and repeat.

Something like that? Kitru has tons of posts that deal with gearing, dmg, even DPS if you care to read. And yes, many of them cover pvp. There is nothing to PVP, other than what 5 warzones? Let me take a more serious whack at tanking pvp:

1. Always keep a guard on any team-mate getting attacked (if you can handle switching it mid-fight, if not gaurd your heals).
2. Spam taunts every cooldown
3. Stay in range of pocket heals
4. Spam DW every cooldown, and Force shroud against tech or force attacks.
5. Use phase walk to as both heals buff and escape when breakhout is on cooldown.
6. QQ in chat when team sucks
7. Rage quit

Sound about right? The questions I've seen posted by the leading nominated PVP assassins are complete and utter garbage, and if both Assassin and Shadow reps are PVP then this class is borked forever.
I don't think I've ever read a more disrespectful post shot right @ PvP on these class forums. Also, the chosen reps should not pick questions solely because of their personal liking. They should pick questions based on a community collective. This means like anyone else, they can present their questions, but it does not have to be the selected ones.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

dipstik
07.26.2013 , 11:28 AM | #17
i think the extra free question should be about pve dps, since a dev did a whole interview about sin dps being bad and making excuses for it. some people think that sin dps is a bigger issue than tanking, but i do not feel that way. and we almost lost kitru because of it, and i think the pve question should force the devs to give us an answer, sicne eric said they are looking into it a month ago.

Kitru
07.26.2013 , 12:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
i think the pve question should force the devs to give us an answer, sicne eric said they are looking into it a month ago.
Well, we've got 2 months to wait and see what they do about the issues they've already recognized, which means that, by the time we ask, they'll have had over 3 months to actually do something about Shadow tanks (and hopefully Phase Walk).

Honestly, I'm *hoping* that the fact that Shadows were put on the absolute back end of the question order was meant to give them time to implement fixes to the things that we've already made a massive fuss about so that we don't waste a question on it. I don't really think that we can, right now, properly gauge what our question should be 2 months from now. Since they've at least *recognized* that we think it's a problem, it's got the *potential* to get fixed by the time we're able to ask about it.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

MasterGladius
07.26.2013 , 04:21 PM | #19
My guess is that the fix will come packaged with 2.4. If not, I'd be pretty disheartened. That comes out in what, October? That should be plenty of time to do something as simple as nerf our self heals and give us 5% more DR. I'm not sure why this hasn't been experimented on already... nor why they refuse to comment on the issue.

foxmob
07.26.2013 , 06:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by helpmewin View Post
Kitru doesn't know anything about shadow tanking in PvP.
am I the only one who thinks separate reps for MIRROR CLASSES is stupid?
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.