Cory Butler's Tweet. is Pod Racing seriously coming to the game? o.0

Magnusheart

Maybe. Most Probably not.

Considering how long it takes to implement the smallest detail or release the tiniest content, I doubt we are anywhere near such a huge addition. Not to mention it would destabilize the game greatly and would require months of testing and tweaking. Add to that the fact that Queues are already quite long and adding another independent instance would make that even worse and that's the main reason there isn't pod racing already.

It could be on rails system like the Space missions, or maybe one small mission in an upcoming event or FP.

But most probably its just a new Cartel Market 1500coin mount.

Even more so if we remember that Cory Butler works with the Cartel Market development team that has said they are an independent group of developers to the content ones.

Though I've suggested PVP pod racing countless times in the past year and a half as it would be great fun and make lots of sense in regards to the SW world, I will not hold my breath.

Edited by ChrisMattar

Pod racing? You must be confused, that would require effort. Let me remind you this is Bioware.

I would of laughed if it wasn't true.

Pod racing? I doubt it, more then likely it's a new mount located in the CM

Edited by Repman

https://twitter.com/BlazeofCory/status/360266283935211522

New pod racing mount. Why I say Pod racing, look around the mount. It looks like a racing track with npcs lined up on the side. Which makes it feel like this is more than just a mount.

It does look like a track.

But that of course doesn't really mean anything, it could just be a promotional thing for a new Cartel Market mount.

The speeder itself looks cool though.

"Boontas Eve Race" Leaked time ago.

yep the pod racing has been datamined so it will be coming it plays like mario cart with abilities and what not from what people could make out.

Also the NPC on the top of the screen almost look like they are standing in coloured boxes maybe some form of betting ?

If it is added into the game i can' t wait for the "I hate you bioware" posts that will happen. We all know someone will say we want more of "X" and that bioware is stupid for implementing this and thus taking away from other development. It is always hilarious to me to see "we want more content " posts, and then when they add more people still complain,

yep the pod racing has been datamined so it will be coming it plays like mario cart with abilities and what not from what people could make out.

Also the NPC on the top of the screen almost look like they are standing in coloured boxes maybe some form of betting ?

If anything I'd expect something like beetles in Guild Wars. Was fun but... One track, laggy, everyone driving @ same speed and all and was there random powerups?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

If anything I'd expect something like beetles in Guild Wars. Was fun but... One track, laggy, everyone driving @ same speed and all and was there random powerups?

yea the speed would need to be decent with lots of obstacles to add a slight skill component to the steering (closer coners and what not) like look at the city boss in SNV, your all following the same path but somone from blue and gold always gets to the waiting spot first.

A good set of powerups including like 5s boosts and stuff would make it better also.

Could be great could just be meh either way, cautiously excited

the other valid question besides the links to the rumors

why is the picture cropped to hide everything surrounding it?

I know its just a twitter pic and not a official ad screen shot but that did stand out, usually there mount pics show off the scenery... that said I don't think the rumored races would be any time in the near future

Edited by Vis-Tecum

the other valid question besides the links to the rumors

why is the picture cropped to hide everything surrounding it?

Thats the big thing. Btw which place is that? I don't recognize it.

Cory didn't say a word, im really.... a bit, just a bit, excited :). Not so much, ofc, but... :D~

Whatever it is, the pod mount rocks ^^!

I know pod racing stuff has been datamined, but this could just as easily (and more likely) just be a new speeder on the CM soon, or the new Refer a Friend speeder.

Maybe thats its, or maybe not. Think about it, the screen itself is strange, as if hiding something more.

Where is that ground? why there are npc with colors on the floor? Why there are colored stripes on the floor? Why the position of the pod is like go to start a race?

And why Cory didn't say it just a new CM mount? :p

Edited by Stumkrav

Maybe thats its, or maybe not. Think about it, the screen itself is strange, as if hiding something more.

Where is that ground? why there are npc with colors on the floor? Why there are colored stripes on the floor? Why the position of the pod is like go to start a race?

And why Cory didn't say it just a new CM mount? :p

Because they think its funny to watch us run around like clowns guessing.