Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Science--Second Remote Terminal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Black Science--Second Remote Terminal
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CoGDork
07.25.2013 , 12:35 AM | #1
Whenever I take the "Black Science" quest on Dromund Kaas, no matter which character I use, no matter how many times I cancel and retake the quest, no matter how many times I change instances, the second remote terminal will not allow me to interact with it. The other terminals are fine, only the second is bugged; also, while the quest markers for the other two terminals are there, the one for the second is missing.

Only I seem to be having this problem; I have yet to meet another player who has this issue. But as long as it keeps up, I will never be able to complete the mission.

What's going on? Is there ANYONE besides me who has this problem?

Beesodd
07.25.2013 , 02:56 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi CoGDork,

I take it that the mission tracker is saying Use Second Remote Terminal?

Did you try upstairs in the building that's due north of Ismar Brengle? Terminal G16. Can you mouseover it to get the tooltip?

If the issue persists, try running the repair and clearing your cache. To repair, log into the launcher and click the cog icon rather than Play. Then choose the repair option.

To clear your cache, open the swtor folder and delete the DiskCacheArena file. These can be found within the main game install folder.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

CoGDork
07.25.2013 , 10:23 AM | #3
I cleared my cache, and it worked. No more problems.

Thanks!

Beesodd
07.25.2013 , 10:24 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Excellent, thanks for the update.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Boarheart
08.16.2013 , 04:39 PM | #5
Same problem, here, alas both solutions didn't work.

The 2nd terminal I used actually was the 'Third Remote Terminal', the 'Second Remote Terminal' was never shown. After I used the 'Third Remote Terminal' the task 'Use the Second Remote Terminal' was gone and I was left with 'Use the Third Remote Terminal', but since I used it allready I can't use it anymore, so I'm stuck.

Any ideas?

Beesodd
08.19.2013 , 02:53 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Boarheart,

Please try resetting the mission from the log (you may need to leave the area first) and try again. If the issue persists, please try the cache-clearing step.

Boarheart
08.22.2013 , 03:45 PM | #7
Thanks, I hadn't noticed the reset-button before. That helped. Thanks again!