New WZ medal ideas

_Foy

I'm thinking we need some War Zone specific medals, and more medals in general.

Medals are like mini-achievements for WZs so there should be more medals all with witty names!

I'll constantly update this list as more ideas are suggested.

Remember: All values are subject to tweaking, clearly these wouldn't all be "balanced" and having all these medals implemented at once would be overkill.

Huttball:

*Carrier Killer (Kill the ball carrier)

*Touchdown (Score a point in Huttball)

*Unstoppable (Score 3 points in Huttball)

*Wingman (Heal the carrier for over 25k)

'-- Not in a single life, or on a single carrier, but throughout the game.

*Denied! (Kill the ball carrier within 5m of the goal) [credit: Deacon-frost]

*Team Player (Pass the ball to someone who then scores with it)

*Connection (Successfully pass the ball!) [credit: Elboc]

*Cleanser (Remove N negative status effects from the ball carrier) [credit: Blazehound]

Alderaan:

*Control Freak (Take a turret, and kill a player who was attempting to take the turret within "n" seconds?)

*Turret Defense (Kill "n" players near a turret control)

*Ninja Cap (Capture a turret while there are 2+ enemies within 30m)

*Swoop Interceptor (Block an opposing team's capture within "n" seconds of leaving a speeder) [credit: Kryptorchid]

Voidstar:

*Saboteur (successfully blow open a door in Voidstar)

*Bomb Disposal Unit (Disarm a bomb!)

*Raider (Extend the bridge)

*Secret Agent Man (Download the plans)

Group:

*Alderaan War Hero (Win with all 3 turrets captured) [credit: Kryptorchid]

*Shut Out (Don't let the enemy score a single point in Huttball)

*Shut Out (Don't let the enemy blow up a single door in Voidstar)

Generic (Heal/Dps/Tank):

*Eye on the Prize (Get 1k objective points)

*Objective Oriented Playing (Get 2.5k objective points)

*Rude Company (Successfully interrupt 10 abilities) [credit: Senefera]

*Meat Shield (Take 10k healing in a single life) [credit: Senefera]

*Clutch Healer (Heal someone who is below 20% health for more than 2.5k)

*The A-Team (Heal a player who has Guard active on you for over 10k in a single life)

*Checkup (Remove N negative status effects from allies) [credit: Blazehound]

*Immortal (Score 4 medals and do not die for the entire match.) [credit: insanelf]

*Massacre (Get N kills within T seconds.) [credit: insanelf]

*Dominator (Get the killing blow on the same player 3 times in a warzone match)[credit: Mossesman]

Please leave your thoughts and medal ideas below!

P.S. I think my medal names were clever.

Edited by _Foy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it!

I'd also like to see medals awarded for team play like Not on my watch! = successfully interrupting X amount of casted heals.

I'd also like one for amount of healing taken.

Actually, I'd like an entire scoreboard section for interrupts and healing taken. I feel information like that is important.

Love it!

I'd also like to see medals awarded for team play like Not on my watch! = successfully interrupting X amount of casted heals.

I'd also like one for amount of healing taken.

Actually, I'd like an entire scoreboard section for interrupts and healing taken. I feel information like that is important.

I really like the interrupts idea.

Healing taken could be interesting but also counter-productive... this might favour people who stand in acid traps with a pocket healer. xP

I think healing taken in one life would be a good medal though, because you wont last long on the battlefield if you're dabbling your toes in acid and healing yourself for medals. :p

Cool idea.

Point values on the generic ones might need boosted if any or all of the other were implemented though, as I would see the generics then becoming easy to obtain or easier at least. Unless thats the point.

After a WZ is over only a handful of people break 2k objective points and I dont think I've ever seen anyone go over 3k. But I agree that all the constants are subject to change. 2.5k may be more appropriate.

Controlled Crowd - Spend a total of 60 seconds without control over your character.

Should bring medal counts up.

Or "Get knocked into the pit" lol

But shouldn't the medal be fore having applied CC that lasts a total of 60s?

I don't think you deserve a medal for BEING CC'd for any amount of time. xP

love this idea.

Not enough medals are given for actually doing the Warzone in my mind!

I hear ya. I get the feeling that medals are the response to the general feeling that the people at the top of the boards get when they get #1 dmg,healing,kills etc but get identical rewards as someone who barely avoided getting kicked by the inactivity probe.

However I think beyond that, medals could motivate people to do the WZ-specific objectives.

I wonder if the devs have any plans to tweak the medal system in the near future. :p

Someone earlier made the very good point that a player who just zergs can gain a lot more medals than someone who focuses only on the objective. I think that's because there are so many medals that are just based on a medium amount of damage/kills. So there could also be higher value "Super medals" for people who prefer not to zerg with more objective oriented requirements. Like "Disrupt 20 bomb placement attempts", "Pass the Huttball more than 5 times and 200 meters", etc.

Oh, and "Stun someone standing in the poision goo" :cool:

But this is a great thread/cause and will contribute more after having a think.

Edited by dingoperson

Someone earlier made the very good point that a player who just zergs can gain a lot more medals than someone who focuses only on the objective. I think that's because there are so many medals that are just based on a medium amount of damage/kills. So there could also be higher value "Super medals" for people who prefer not to zerg with more objective oriented requirements. Like "Disrupt 20 bomb placement attempts", "Pass the Huttball more than 5 times and 200 meters", etc.

Oh, and "Stun someone standing in the poision goo" :cool:

But this is a great thread/cause and will contribute more after having a think.

Just to support your first point, someone was asking after a list of all the current medals so they could know how much healing they had to do before they switched over to dps to get those medals....

That made me sad.

I like the Idea, but i think that everyone who is involved in the specific combat or is in 15y range to a bomb planter/disarmer should get the medals to avoid people hating each other because of their quickness.

Yeah, it'd be nice to encourage the "cover me!" strategy... either 6 people can all blindly attempt to spam the bomb for the medal or one person can plant it while 5 others cc any enemy who comes near.

As a healer who only gets 3-4 medals a game, I endorse this idea. Any chance at extra medals is fine by me!

Also, it really irritates me when I'm planting bombs in Void Star and downloading the plans, and I get 0 Objective points. . . /end rant

So I was playing a Voidstar match yesterday and with some good players on my team and a solid strategy, we rickroll'd the enemy team capping the data in under 2min.

And instead of a chorus of "Good work" "GG team!" people were saying "Wow we aren't going to get many medals for this."

Really nice list - how about for huttball just a simple - "Pass the ball" medal. Seriously if more people would just pass the game would be so much better. I like that scoring gives you something, but at the same time, anything that makes people want to be ball hogs is bad imo.