Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ridiculous lag

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kaludy
07.24.2013 , 08:56 PM | #1
Is anyone else having an obscene amount of lag today? I keep getting server disconnects and high incredibly high latency making the game unplayable. My connection is fine and I have even tried to reset my connection.

I am on harbinger.

KhalDrogoe
07.24.2013 , 09:14 PM | #2
This has happened to me on Jedi Covenant as well.

I've had more miss trigger GCD's since patch hit than I've ever had before.

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

Evangolis
07.24.2013 , 09:20 PM | #3
The lag on Makeb on Ebon Hawk is horrid. My friends lag and drop constantly. The lag spikes hit higher then 20k on them. I skip/slide screen lag on the grav ring. Neither my friends nor myself had this problem till now. Its a major pain in the *****.
Recruiting all classes.

Kaludy
07.24.2013 , 09:42 PM | #4
I too never had this problem until today. I cant stay connected to the server for more than 5 minutes. It is making the game really unplayable and rage inducing.

Halom
07.24.2013 , 10:10 PM | #5
yeah ive been getting the same thing on Prophecy of the Five. I got full bars 15-20 latency. Then I see everyone else stop moving and I have one red bar with like 4k latency. Longest it lasts is like 7 or 8 seconds for me. During the day it is as intermittent as hours but during the night like during my raid im getting it like 4 times a boss fight. I disconnect more than often as well. Any word if this is on Bioware's end? I have Comcast FYI. My game is becoming quite unplayable too.
<Halom> Operative Heals/DPS
<Prophecy of the Five>
<Professional Nerfherders> We provide only the finest Nerfherders
<Master of Secrets> I know where Hallow hides

VampireGuppy
07.25.2013 , 02:35 AM | #6
Same, but for me ill have normal Lat for 5-15 secs then I drop to 1 Red Bar ..... didn't have this issue before new patch

OwenBrooks
07.25.2013 , 02:43 AM | #7
Delete the file called DiskCacheArena, that is about the only game file that can cause issues, otherwise it is likely a net issue. you can try using http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html it may help you recover quicker. otherwise try a VPN to get around the net issue.

Beesodd
07.25.2013 , 02:43 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the reports guys.

If it's still ongoing for you, first of all clear your cache and see if this clears the issue. To do this, open the main game folder, then the swtor folder, and delete the DiskCacheArena file.

If the issue persists afterwards, please post up your server, ISP, and approximate location. Please also include any timing information about the lag, if it appeared recently, it happens at certain times and so on.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

VampireGuppy
07.25.2013 , 04:22 AM | #9
Did not work for me,

Jedi Con server, Time Warner Cable provider, Dallas Texas. I did a Speed Test and it says im running 30M DL, tried other games WoW and was able to play ok. ill have normal latency for about 5-10 seconds and then get the single red bar lag for 5-10 secs. every so often I may get 20 secs of good latency. Game has been working fine till last patch...

Kaludy
07.25.2013 , 05:24 AM | #10
Did not work for me either.

The Harbinger server
Timing: since the hotfix for the instancing problem yesterday.

prior to the patch I was able to play around 160ms with full bars at all times... now I get two bars maximum with constant drops to one red bar or a complete server disconnect all together.