Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)


Treblt's Avatar


Treblt
07.28.2013 , 11:53 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by wee-man View Post
http://www.torparse.com/a/357981

my 3131 dps parser as sentinel could probably beat it but atm itll do
You used the wrong training dummy. You're looking for the Operations/MK-5 Operations training dummies.
Mtofpo- Fajfyxc- Comedown

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.28.2013 , 02:10 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Treblt View Post
You used the wrong training dummy. You're looking for the Operations/MK-5 Operations training dummies.
*** is that profile name? :O
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.28.2013 , 02:19 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
Your comparison makes no sense. People don't take a pyro merc because arsenal does the same/more damage with more utility (armor debuff). The better comparison would be saying "that's like bringing a lethality operative, why do that when you can just bring a mara".
ill tell you why to bring a leth operative instead of a mara... Stealth / stealth rez / battle rez /off heals / Higher dps / RDPS + Mdps (dont have to be stacked 4M or hurt by movement in DG fight for example, like carnage if things are running around during ravage or gores), marauders can dps + BT which is awesome, but thats about it, of course all classes are useful, just saying the obvious, pyro does less dmg because first people are not parsing with external armor reduction, second people dont take in consideration the under 30% burn (4 possible DoTs), who knows if Pyro can perform better than Arsenal in raids? doubt anyone have given it the proper try, but reality is, why bringing a pyro merc that doesnt give armor reduction, when u can bring arsenal or sniper..... same thing, in 8 man groups at least, if you have 1 - 2 melee in the group already, why would u like to have a RDPS stacking on top of melee that make fights harder, when MM sniper or Hybrid can do insane high dps from ranged already?... if your group needs to push dps with scatter bombs, then someone is slacking (not considering DG pre nerf dps that was insane ).

edit: i understand your point, everyone can play every class, i am the one that play OPs, and played it pre 2.0 i mean come on lol, but talking in reality, there are few fights that benefit from engineering OP scatter bombs dps, and even less fights that "require" you to do it, when your two other specs are simple, rdps, and great for raid groups are already in the top 3 of PvE DPS, the guy was asking how / why spec is so high and why not everyone uses it, i am giving him the secondary reason besides boss reticles .
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.28.2013 , 02:39 PM | #64
"NOT TO BE UPDATED"

just for Reference on whoever is interested in Operative dps or compare numbers.

Lethality WITHOUT Acid blade buff... 3244

http://www.torparse.com/a/357610/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

Concealment normal Spec.... 3147

http://www.torparse.com/a/357586/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Ausgelebt's Avatar


Ausgelebt
07.28.2013 , 04:13 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by wee-man View Post
http://www.torparse.com/a/357981

my 3131 dps parser as sentinel could probably beat it but atm itll do

34 Blade Storm 229457 552.35 6748.74 88.24%

haha

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.28.2013 , 07:04 PM | #66
Carlenix MM sniper 36 / 3 /7 3100 not impressive, i am not too good with snipers dummy parse >.< but barely make the ranks :P lol

http://www.torparse.com/a/358603/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

one try on Engineering OP taste 3519

http://www.torparse.com/a/358651/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

shadowopsx's Avatar


shadowopsx
07.28.2013 , 07:18 PM | #67
Fūsrodah - Saboteur 5/36/5 3412; 3 dps away for the other guy... hmmpf... lol
Fusrodah, Tartarus, Kodur, Pyrodraco
The Dovakiin Legacy
This game is beyond dead

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
07.28.2013 , 07:30 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
Your comparison makes no sense. People don't take a pyro merc because arsenal does the same/more damage with more utility (armor debuff). The better comparison would be saying "that's like bringing a lethality operative, why do that when you can just bring a mara".
If you forget about Arsenal mercs taking less damage and being easier to heal the key reasons you don't bring a Pyro merc are:

1) Does significantly less damage when not grouped with another armour debuffing player
2) Doesn't bring an armour debuff so if no one else can, the entire raid loses damage.

All hugely important in 8m ops where there's 4 dps and 2 tanks often split up.

In 16m ops with many more potential armour debuffers there's more leeway in allowing a Pyro merc over an Arsenal merc but you still have the player taking more damage and receiving 2% less healing.


The only defensive bonuses available to Pyro is 2% more dodge chance vs ranged and melee and 30% less DoT for 6s if you use cleanse.

Arsenal takes 5% less damage from everything, has a faster CD on shield, passively absorbs about 1000 damage every 10s, takes 2% more healing and can totally absorb a direct tech/force attack using threat drop.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Carlenux's Avatar


Carlenux
07.28.2013 , 07:33 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
If you forget about Arsenal mercs taking less damage and being easier to heal the key reasons you don't bring a Pyro merc are:

1) Does significantly less damage when not grouped with another armour debuffing player
2) Doesn't bring an armour debuff so if no one else can, the entire raid loses damage.

All hugely important in 8m ops where there's 4 dps and 2 tanks often split up.

In 16m ops with many more potential armour debuffers there's more leeway in allowing a Pyro merc over an Arsenal merc but you still have the player taking more damage and receiving 2% less healing.
mmhm you are right
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

namesaretough's Avatar


namesaretough
07.28.2013 , 08:52 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
If you forget about Arsenal mercs taking less damage and being easier to heal the key reasons you don't bring a Pyro merc are:
I didn't mean to diminish the difference between pyro and arsenal, my point was that claiming a eng sniper is just a less effective mara is a silly comparison. If your argument for not taking a eng sniper is he has to sit in melee range, you could make that argument for literally any melee class, the poster's own class and spec included. Even in eng, a sniper still brings an armor debuff, scrambling field, and on the appropriate bosses the highest dps in the game.
Smugglin