Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats - Ascending Empire vs Alliance of Worlds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats - Ascending Empire vs Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling
07.24.2013 , 10:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
How good is the 212th Clone Battalion at flying spaceships?
How good is a Jedi at using the Force. Very good. Heck I'm sure even the Imperial Knights could pilot starships.

That said for the Alliance of Worlds to win the best strategy would be to steamroll to the Core before the Ascending Empire can get its act together. Like in the Sacking of Coruscant IG-88 could take out its defences and then BOOM!

Warren-Stride
07.24.2013 , 10:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
How good is a Jedi at using the Force. Very good. Heck I'm sure even the Imperial Knights could pilot starships.
I didn't say they couldn't. I said how good are they at it?

From what I remember, the Rebel Alliance had ace pilots, trained to fly fighters and larger vessels. It seems that the 212th were a ground-based attack force. As were the Imperials Knights. Even if they can fly ships/fighters, I would assume that they could not fly them as well as Rebel Alliance pilots, because they are simply not trained for it as the Rebels are.

If the ground forces are flying the naval forces, it seems to me that the AoWs has the advantage in space combat, at least in skill
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Selenial
07.24.2013 , 10:46 AM | #23
Im an idiot.
Was posting a Kaggath response whilst listening to music at a London train station, guy walks into me, knocks my phone out of my hand and it smashed....

Still works though

Ngl, worth it.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
07.24.2013 , 10:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

That said for the Alliance of Worlds to win the best strategy would be to steamroll to the Core before the Ascending Empire can get its act together. Like in the Sacking of Coruscant IG-88 could take out its defences and then BOOM!
Yeah, IG's the biggest threat here.

Good thing I've already devised plans to eliminate any other advantage the AoW may have.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel
07.24.2013 , 10:59 AM | #25
In a battle of attrition, which I think is what this will come down to (honestly I don't see Tune winning a ground fight in the Core), the AE has superior resources at its disposal. the AoW however might be able to fight a successful defensive war while splitting the AE's forces up and picking them off bit by bit (like the Rebels did) till he has sufficiently weakened him to land a death blow.

But if AoW tried the above I imagine there would be a strike team including Plo Koon, Obi-wan, and some Imperial Knights knocking down Leia's front door at some point.

Also, IG-88 is something of a major threat considering he could hack Imperial systems rather easily..
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Aurbere
07.24.2013 , 11:02 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Im an idiot.
Was posting a Kaggath response whilst listening to music at a London train station, guy walks into me, knocks my phone out of my hand and it smashed....

Still works though

Ngl, worth it.
Was it intentional? Because that sounds so very rude.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
07.24.2013 , 11:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
In a battle of attrition, which I think is what this will come down to (honestly I don't see Tune winning a ground fight in the Core), the AE has superior resources at its disposal. the AoW however might be able to fight a successful defensive war while splitting the AE's forces up and picking them off bit by bit (like the Rebels did) till he has sufficiently weakened him to land a death blow.

But if AoW tried the above I imagine there would be a strike team including Plo Koon, Obi-wan, and some Imperial Knights knocking down Leia's front door at some point.

Also, IG-88 is something of a major threat considering he could hack Imperial systems rather easily..
Any ground invasion will fall in my favor, no matter where it takes place.

But your other points are valid. In fact, if I chose, I could remove the AoW's command staff with my Imperial Knights. And IG-88 poses a threat, but not as significant of one as I had first thought.

Selenial
07.24.2013 , 11:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Unintentional, as far as I can tell, but he kept walking until I made him stop and apologise

Bloody Londoners, why couldn't I just stay in Paris >.>
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
07.24.2013 , 11:05 AM | #29
Welcome to England.

Warren-Stride
07.24.2013 , 11:05 AM | #30
Good thing I've already devised plans to eliminate any other advantage the AoW may have.
Including the numbers advantage?

I'm unsure about the number of the Rebel Alliance Army, but it is said that they were rather small, at least compared to the Galactic Empire's forces. However, the Imperial Knights only consist of 25 individuals. And according to the Wookieepedia entry for "Battalion" the 212th only has 660 members.

I am almost certain that the Rebel Alliance Army has more than 700 people.

Likewise, it appears that the AoW has the numbers advantage in space as well. The Alliance Defense Fleet actually consists of nine different fleets. In contrast, the Death Squadron and Thrawn's fleet are only two. Death Squadron only has 5 permanent SDs, as does Thrawn's fleet. However, Wookieepedia lists about 40 known capital ships in the Alliance Defense Fleet.

It seems that the AoW outnumbers the AE.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?