Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch stuck in loop installing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patch stuck in loop installing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sailavir
07.24.2013 , 07:31 AM | #1
Spoke with someone on phone from customer service yesterday.I conpletely uninstalled entire EA/Bioware folder and tried to redownload game. It seems I have no problems downloading main assetts, but it freezes at a random percentage while trying to install main assetts 1.

Logs:

Spoiler

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beesodd
07.24.2013 , 07:35 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi sailavir,

If it's failing after a reinstall that's quite unusual. Can I check if you've tried patching in Safe Mode and if so, does the same thing happen? Also, by any chance do you have a backup of the game anywhere?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

sailavir
07.24.2013 , 07:40 AM | #3
I have tried patching in safe mode in the past, but will try again. I have another copy on my windows xp 32 bit platform, but I am assuming that new files are needed on this rig considering it is 64-bit. Is this correct?

Beesodd
07.24.2013 , 07:43 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The main game files should be fine. The default install path is slightly different, but it's easy to get around that. You can copy your backup over your current install, then just run the setup file over the install again once that completes.

sailavir
07.24.2013 , 07:46 AM | #5
Thanks for your quick reply Beeesodd. I'll try transferring everything via USB.

sailavir
07.24.2013 , 10:46 AM | #6
I'm still having issues with patching. I have moved all files over and launcher either does not recognize them, or I am still missing some because launcher tries to download and install english video 1. After downloading it freezes on install at random percentages. Is there a specific file that English video 1 pertains to? Maybe I can try to recopy that file from XP machine. I also noticed a 1KB file on XP machine titled null in directory. WTH is that?
One final question.....
From looking at other similar threads with patch freeze errors I noticed that after copying files from another machine, their launchers state repairing X amount of files. Why when my launcher starts does it not even attempt to repair anything?

Latest log:
Spoiler

Beesodd
07.24.2013 , 10:54 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Your situation does seem to be a bit different from the norm alright. I'd be a little concerned that the install didn't go smoothly after the initial removal. By any chance do you have a second hard drive that you can try installing the game to?

The videos files go to the Movies folders (specifically the en-us one for English Video). |I'm not sure about the "null" file.